Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Indictment watch/legal woes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    The Pelosi family are genuinely awful shitlibs, including that part. daughter. That being said, that doc was fascinating. You can see the various sad types of people that can get caught up in that MAGA wave that swept over large swaths of people in 2015/2016. And "sad" is really the best word for these people. The incel guy, the general lack of education amongst most if not all of them, the general feeling of isolation, the clear mental problems exuding out of most of them. Just sad people.
    The video of her call with multiple takes with her and pence is.....something....

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

oh darn

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Trump Is Disqualified From the 2024 Ballot, Colorado Supreme Court Rules
    It’s the first court to find that the disqualification clause of the 14th Amendment applies to Mr. Trump, in addition to affirming that he engaged in insurrection.

Colorado Supreme Court bars Donald Trump from appearing on the state’s ballot in 2024

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    merry christmas everyone!!! i’m giddy over this news.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Hate to be scrooge here but the Colorado decision will go to SCOTUS and they'll reverse it. Just be prepared for that.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Yeah, but also a king has no need of a court of law so if they're smart they'd affirm it. The Republicans keep saying they want to be rid of this turbulent asshole and they seemed to be content to play a waiting game on the court cases. Now with Jack Smith and this going to the SCOTUS, I am like 60/40 that someone's going to tell Clarence's keepers that this is the hill to die on.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    the precedent is set. other states will follow. thank you 14th amendment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Yeah, but also a king has no need of a court of law so if they're smart they'd affirm it.
    The supreme court hasn't been the foundation of legal common sense for a little while now...
    Really, on that SCOTUS tip, more people should be calling for Clarence Thomas to resign. We are supposed to be all about our justices being above bribery, extortion and political influence. He is a disgrace. He can pack up and take his QANON insurrectionist wife with him.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    the precedent is set. other states will follow. thank you 14th amendment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wish, but I don't see that happening. And I think the US Supreme Court can overturn the Colorado Supreme Court?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I like to think that the court that said "States can run their own elections, we've solved racism" won't say "not like that" but they do appear to be making up shit as they go along right now.

We'll see what kind of court Roberts wants to be remembered as.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    An interesting read: https://archive.ph/5DBvw

I'm not a lawyer, so there's a very good chance I'm misinterpreting this, but it sounds like the arguments that the dissenting opinions voiced were all matters of state law, which the federal supreme court has no jurisdiction over.

With a politically-neutral court, that would generally mean that the federal supreme court wouldn't even look at the case. Right?

Or am I understanding that incorrectly?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Trump's trial in E. Jean Carroll defamation case

At one point, the judge threatened to kick Trump out of court: Kaplan warned Trump that he could be removed from the courtroom if he’s disruptive following a complaint from Carroll’s lawyer that Trump could be heard making comments during testimony. Carroll lawyer Shawn Crowley said that Trump could be heard commenting, saying things like, "It is a witch hunt" and “It really is a con job.” Kaplan responded that Trump "has the right to be present here" but said "that right can be forfeited and it can be forfeited if he is disruptive," noting he has the right to throw him out if that happens. Trump threw his hands up in response, and Kaplan said, “I understand you’re probably eager for me to do that." Reporters in the courtroom heard Trump say, “I would love it.”

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Douchebag extraordinaire!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    A PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES MUST HAVE FULL IMMUNITY, WITHOUT WHICH IT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR HIM/HER TO PROPERLY FUNCTION. ANY MISTAKE, EVEN IF WELL INTENDED, WOULD BE MET WITH ALMOST CERTAIN INDICTMENT BY THE OPPOSING PARTY AT TERM END. EVEN EVENTS THAT “CROSS THE LINE” MUST FALL UNDER TOTAL IMMUNITY, OR IT WILL BE YEARS OF TRAUMA TRYING TO DETERMINE GOOD FROM BAD. THERE MUST BE CERTAINTY. EXAMPLE: YOU CAN’T STOP POLICE FROM DOING THE JOB OF STRONG & EFFECTIVE CRIME PREVENTION BECAUSE YOU WANT TO GUARD AGAINST THE OCCASIONAL “ROGUE COP” OR “BAD APPLE.” SOMETIMES YOU JUST HAVE TO LIVE WITH “GREAT BUT SLIGHTLY IMPERFECT.” ALL PRESIDENTS MUST HAVE COMPLETE & TOTAL PRESIDENTIAL IMMUNITY, OR THE AUTHORITY & DECISIVENESS OF A PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES WILL BE STRIPPED & GONE FOREVER. HOPEFULLY THIS WILL BE AN EASY DECISION. GOD BLESS THE SUPREME COURT!
    Yeah, I want that guy to be president again.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    God I would have loved to hear Trump, the birther fuckhead, respond to Obama saying "Y'know what, folks? I have, um, presidential immunity? So, uh, let me be clear here, that means I can do whatever the fuck I want and you can't do anything about it. I can even say 'fuck.' Neat, huh? Like, for instance, I could assassinate my political rivals with an order to seal team six. So there's that! I think we can all agree, that in order for me to be able to do my job, I need absolute power. I can do anything, and nothing will happen to me. Amazing. God bless the United States."

Yeah, the republicans would have just loved that.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Biden has the chance to do the funniest thing ever...

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Jesus fucking Christ. Turn the caps lock off, you clown.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    the most cringeworthy part of that all-caps post is where he compares his instances of "crossing the line" as acceptable in the same way we accept police brutality. That's insane. Then there's the guy that they're thinking Trump might tag to be AG, Mike Davis, who said "we're going to put kids in cages. It's going to be glorious." Really, he said that. He wants to put kids in cages, and he wants to free the people who stormed the capitol building trying to kill Pence and Pelosi.

The messed up thing is, it's looking like even if Trump is found guilty of every crime on earth, our big book of rules just didn't anticipate someone like this, so he'll still be eligible to run for president.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    the most cringeworthy part of that all-caps post is where he compares his instances of "crossing the line" as acceptable in the same way we accept police brutality. That's insane. Then there's the guy that they're thinking Trump might tag to be AG, Mike Davis, who said "we're going to put kids in cages. It's going to be glorious." Really, he said that. He wants to put kids in cages, and he wants to free the people who stormed the capitol building trying to kill Pence and Pelosi.

The messed up thing is, it's looking like even if Trump is found guilty of every crime on earth, our big book of rules just didn't anticipate someone like this, so he'll still be eligible to run for president.
    Rules don't apply to the rich and powerful.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    And now Trump is confusing Nancy Pelosi with Nikki Haley. During a rally (yay!) he lied about how Pelosi was offered 10,000 troops on Jan 6th but she declined (this is bullshit btw, it's been debunked and was obviously untrue, but whatever)... though instead he referred to her as Nikki Haley. Full name. Twice. Meanwhile, he's still applauding himself for passing a basic dementia test.

Though really, what's worse there, mixing up Nancy Pelosi with Nikki Haley, or blatantly lying about the "10,000 people," that "we" offered on Jan 6th. He completely sat on his ass while the riot happened, and his two tweets that he sent out during the whole thing did NOTHING to stall the violence. If anything, they made things worse and spurred on the whole "hang Mike Pence" chant. He didn't relent to making a video message until the situation was actually mostly under control, which was reported on Fox (which he was apparently watching the whole time). Even then, he needed to say that he loved them, and wanted to bitch about how the whole thing was stolen, and didn't want to say the election was over. And now he refers to the rioters in prison as "hostages."

"We offered her 10,000 people" my ass.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I just really hope he fucking dies before November

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Dunno if you heard but there's an ex-wife who would rather see the country burn than deal with her divorce civilly.

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/s/tTiPf68KZZ

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I just really hope he fucking dies before November
    you actually don't want that. Biden's best chance for re-election is going back up against Trump. Haley is waiting around in the wings to swoop in and be the nominee if something legal or physical happens to Trump. She's another right wing monster who needs to be fed into a woodchipper, but given enough time to actually campaign, she could very well beat Biden just b/c she's not 1000 years old.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I think Haley would be a much stronger general election candidate. She seems normal and there is a perception, I think, that she is a moderate, which isn't true. Given how fickle the swing-voters are, she could beat Biden.

Trump's getting crazier and crazier and will hopefully be convicted before November. My money is on Biden, if Trump is indeed the nominee.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    you actually don't want that. Biden's best chance for re-election is going back up against Trump. Haley is waiting around in the wings to swoop in and be the nominee if something legal or physical happens to Trump. She's another right wing monster who needs to be fed into a woodchipper, but given enough time to actually campaign, she could very well beat Biden just b/c she's not 1000 years old.
    She even said that at one point, something about "the secret is that they want Biden to go against Trump but we can't let that happen."

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    and he walked out of court after being late. fucking clown.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    83 million verdict...

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    He won’t pay.

Alex Jones hasn’t paid a dime.

These rich assholes just spam appeals and ignore rulings and nothing happens. It’s horrible.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)