It's like OJ 2.0.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    It's like OJ 2.0.
    Hey, he died not long ago! Maybe it’s a sign. lol

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    it's going to be a hung jury. I would bet serious money on that.... and I say this because the last couple times I bet money I lost, and I would love to be surprised.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    He just twatted "I don't even know what the charges are in this rigged case." Are you seriousssss, lmao

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I wouldn’t be shocked by a hung jury.

One has to wonder if he got to one or more jurors in one way (intimidation) or another (quid pro quo).

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    One has to wonder if he got to one or more jurors in one way (intimidation) or another (quid pro quo).
    Considering who we're dealing with/talking about, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that he's at least attempted to. And considering the people that make up the general public, it's certainly possible that they went along with it willingly. I'm hopeful that he will finally be held accountable for something, but not too terribly optimistic about that outcome, unfortunately.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    My mom just called me to tell me. She is ecstatic, and so am I. (I just started an epic 4-day weekend and this made my insanely fun weekend even more fun!)

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Always bet against me.

Yes. Fuck you, you stupid, ignorant, muppet fuck. Fuck the past fifteen or so years you've dominated my life politically, with your insipid bigotry and pandering idiocy. Fuck your pettiness and your narcissism. No single man has done more damage to the country I grew up and lived in than that motherfucker.

Fuck you, you're a felon. Now you can't vote for yourself.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Go to prison, bitch.

My mom also just texted me excited about this.
    Last edited by Swykk; 05-30-2024 at 04:51 PM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I wonder if he'll have Secret Service coverage in the jailhouse shower.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    LOLOL local news here in KC ran a segment asking a ton of people in a busy shopping district how they felt about it and they were all ecstatic and over the moon. The reporter then said every Trump supporter they spoke to refused to be on camera and all said the verdict was "in many colorful ways...terrible".

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    What’s with the guy staring into your soul on the right?

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Why isn't he going to jail? Why does he have a motorcade?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm not too excited. the right verdict indeed, but he will appeal it, which won't get resolved until after November. he may just get probation, at the most. don't see the judge sentencing him to jail. he needs to lose in November, that's all that matters. then, he can't use any "power" to prevent him from getting in actual trouble.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    feel the hate while we celebrate motherfucker

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    There's been too many "we got him!" moments for me to celebrate. Unless he goes to jail, flees the country, or goes six feet under, I can't really celebrate. For now, it's just more fuel for the fire for his followers.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Why isn't he going to jail? Why does he have a motorcade?
    He will be sentenced on July 11.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I’ve been visiting my elderly aunt and uncle in St. Louis and we were in the Lewis & Clark museum when it was announced. Through the moon with the verdict and it couldn’t have happened to a nicer fuck. They were ecstatic because they’re one of those little blue spots you see in Missouri and can finally feel a little more secure considering everything else about the state.

Though, a little bit later we were in another museum, the one for the locks, and my wife got a call from her attorney. See, she is in the process of suing her ex stepfather for doing exactly what you’d expect to sue an ex stepfather for and there was news. Specifically, they offered to settle for $100,000. The problem is that she doesn’t want money, she wants him to actually hurt and have to admit out loud that he did what he’s accused of, so that wasn’t enough. Her lawyer said that he would counter with “you didn’t even follow the directions for our offer so we refuse but give you 24 hours to respond completely”. Basically, the 100k is the kind of thing he could hide from his current wife so he could continue the whole charade that he didn’t do anything.

Side note, her lawyer is an incredible Chad. Like, there was a hearing a week ago about moving the date of the trial because opposing counsel didn’t look at her calendar and has three other criminal trials that day and wouldn’t be able to make it to this one. So the lawyer said hey this isn’t fair to my client because we’ve done everything by the book and the other has only stood in the way at every step and stringing this along as much as possible. The judge agreed and levied a 5k sanction. The Chad part is that her lawyer called her and said hey, what if we make them write the check to a women’s shelter so he has to donate his money to exactly the kind of thing he would hate the most. She heartily agreed and now there’s a women’s shelter that’s 5k richer from a Trump supporting douche canoe.

He also texted her today about the Trump trial, saying it had to be an amazing double whammy to start feeling the heat of actually going to trial and your idol being found guilty. All in all a banner day.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'll admit that I was feeling like this was going to be a wash. I was expecting 1 or 2 charges at most. When I heard it was EVERY SINGLE ONE, I felt a happiness I haven't felt in a long time. Then I felt stupid that something like this can make me feel so happy. You know what? Fuck him. I deserve this feeling after all these years of him being such a fucking shithead to the world.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I was totally surprised the jury came to a verdict so quickly - I actually thought it was going to be opposite! My friend caught me in shock while driving listening to the radio (those who follow my IG), lol. Wow.

So a felon can't vote, but a felon can run for President?
    At least Trump can't ever vote again? Let's see him now going to pardon all felons so they can vote.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    So a felon can't vote, but a felon can run for President?
    At least Trump can't ever vote again? Let's see him now going to pardon all felons so they can vote.
    He can vote in Florida after serving his sentence. Can he run for president from jail... sure! Ain't nothing in the rules says a dog can't play basketball.
    Last edited by botley; 05-31-2024 at 09:34 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    @botley Shitballs

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Johnson on Trump verdict: SCOTUS Justices ‘deeply concerned’ and will ‘set this straight’

Obviously, this is totally unprecedented. And it's dangerous to our system. I mean, we've all discussed this before. And you all talk about it all the time. This is diminishing the American people's faith in our system of justice itself. And to maintain a republic, you have to have that, people have to believe that justice is fair that there's equal justice under law. They don't see that right now. And I think that the justices on the court, I know many of them personally, I think they're deeply concerned about that as we are so I think they'll set this straight but it's going to take a while."
    People make fun of Boebert and MTJ, but this guy is dangerous.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    i’m so over this narrative in the media that trump is infallible or untouchable. he pushes that and a bunch of people just follow like it’s not totally ridiculous. the more it’s pushed as a martyrdom, the weirder it is to me. he did the crime. we know he did. others involved have already been punished. stop playing dumb and get with the FACT that he did the crime and is now convicted. yes it is unprecedented but it is just as much if not more necessary. convicting him of an election crime should be a wake up call for the gop. how they haven’t drop him like a criminal rock is wild to me.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    And they're forgetting that his lawyers helped picked jurors!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    The rehetoric on the right over it all only has me more worried about violence breaking out between now and sentancing.

I hate to be a buzzkill as well, but everything I'm reading says it's unlikely that his sentancing will include jail time.

He's still going to be the nominee. He's going to continue to claim that it's a rigged political hitjob. His supporters are going to continue to eat it up and propogate those lies. He could still be the next president.

As much as I'd like to celebrate this too, the danger isn't over yet. And it worries me that this might convince people he has no chance of winning, kind of like we all thought he had no chance of winning in 2016.

It's a victory, no doubt, and it's nice to see him being found guilty, but there's still a long road to November, and possibly beyond even.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ke View Post
    The rehetoric on the right over it all only has me more worried about violence breaking out between now and sentancing.

I hate to be a buzzkill as well, but everything I'm reading says it's unlikely that his sentancing will include jail time.

He's still going to be the nominee. He's going to continue to claim that it's a rigged political hitjob. His supporters are going to continue to eat it up and propogate those lies. He could still be the next president.

As much as I'd like to celebrate this too, the danger isn't over yet. And it worries me that this might convince people he has no chance of winning, kind of like we all thought he had no chance of winning in 2016.

It's a victory, no doubt, and it's nice to see him being found guilty, but there's still a long road to November, and possibly beyond even.
    And he's going to get elected because, for the third time in a row, Democrats are completely ignoring progressives and young voters. We would have this in the bag, but the Israel shit is going to chill the vote plain and simple

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Unfortunately I think you are 100% correct. Zero chance he faces any jail time or meaningful sentencing in regard to this, who knows what to expect in the appeals shitshow to come, and he still stands a frighteningly good chance of winning the election. Obviously he is guilty and should be found to be, but we know this will mobilize his moronic but highly enthusiastic supporters, all while Biden struggles to provide literally any reason to vote for him beyond "this is legitimately the only thing you can do to stop a second Trump term." The Trump cult loves their dear leader. Meanwhile people like me are genuinely nauseated to be left no option but Biden and disgusted that the Democrats yet again are completely ignoring the blatant and obvious progressive calls to action because they would rather lose to Trump, blame leftists for actually giving a shit about 30,000+ dead Palestinians, tsk-tsk the electorate for not being responsible (which, coming from them at that point, would be almost funny if it wasn't so infuriatingly hypocritical), and fund-raise off the resulting liberal desperation than actually make concessions to the left that would compromise the party's own corrupt, self-interested priorities. The New York Democratic party is a perfect example of their pigheadedness and ineptitude - in as safe a blue stronghold as New York City, they don't run someone who could be a figurehead for their constituents' values nationwide. They run the absolute shittiest, most corrupt and right-wing asshole they possibly can for mayor, that embarrassment Eric Adams. It's all about "what's the absolute least we can do that still gets us reelected" and they're on pace to take that strategy to the same disastrous conclusion as in 2016.

Like this should be a big deal. Trump is the first former president to become a convicted felon. This should be over, in the bag. But it isn't and that's all on how utterly pathetic the Dems are. I am sorry to be such a downer but it is the reality of the situation as I see it and it is unbelievably depressing.
    Last edited by Deacon Blackfire; 05-31-2024 at 06:40 PM.