Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Trump Indictment watch/legal woes

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    I get it… the months leading up to the election are going to be excruciating, and it’s going to be close. Of course he could win. There’s a very good chance of it.

None of that is going to stop me from wallowing in the moment though and coasting on sunshine for a couple days at least here. No amount of MAGA crying or petulant threats of Civil War, or comparisons to Christ or Nelson Mandela, are going to dampen my sunny disposition. MAGA just ate it, and I’m here for it.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    All the dumbest cult’s fucking nonsense about being the party of values, of law and order, just got turned on them and I too plan to milk this for what I can. It’s delicious.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The fucking dumbshit has other criminal trials coming up. He can get convicted again.

He was so sure he couldn't be touched. He'd forgotten that karma is a bitch.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Well, a new poll (I know, polls…) found that 1 in 10 GOP voters say they can’t support Trump for president after the conviction.

And this is reported by Fox, so…
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...pport-him-poll

Who knows. People say all sorts of things when they’re polled, and that doesn’t necessarily correlate to how they’ll actually vote at the ballot box, and yeah, there’s still a long way before the actual election, but I’ll take it.

Oh yeah, and of course, MAGA is trying to dox and threaten the jurors. Who didn’t see that coming…
    Last edited by Jinsai; 06-01-2024 at 03:04 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Well, a new poll (I know, polls…) found that 1 in 10 GOP voters say they can’t support Trump for president after the conviction.

Who knows. People say all sorts of things when they’re polled, and that doesn’t necessarily correlate to how they’ll actually vote at the ballot box, and yeah, there’s still a long way before the actual election, but I’ll take it.

Oh yeah, and of course, MAGA is trying to dox and threaten the jurors. Who didn’t see that coming…
    I mean, if it makes them drop him as their candidate, now THAT would be a huge victory. I don't know who else they'd pick at this point, and I dont' see it happening though.

It's possible that he takes such a hit with republicans that they can't win with him as their candidate. But also, if he's not their candidate, there's also so many MAGAt's that would bail, they can't win without him either. It' be nice to see the GOP become unelectable due to this. Like Mitt Romney once said "If we make him our candidate, he will destroy us and we will deserve it"

It would be nice to see that come true.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    On Twitter/X, there was a flood of people trying to push the idea that they could somehow nominate DeSantis instead. It’s not going to happen. Who knows what they’re saying now; I trolled around for a bit and then deleted my Twitter account. I feel like that’s a good way to end my engagement on that shitty platform.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

This is going to sound like sarcasm, but Fox has famously left leaning polls, actually, so just keep that in mind, but it does sound like something to be optimistic about

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I hope he does go to jail. It would demonstrate that no one is above the law. Once Trump is in the big house, a president going to prison won't seem like such a big deal after a while. Things often seem impossible until they happen. It would show that our government isn't completely corrupt.

Will Picard visit Trump at Riker's Island?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If Trump goes to jail, he might go down in history as the systembreaker people hoped he would be, after all. Just not as the hero he'd thought he would be remembered as. He might be the first US president in history to be actually held accountable for some of his actions. That's pretty wild.

Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    Depends on how many lights there would be, I guess. Never knew Will had an island, btw. Is that canon?

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    If he gets thrown in jail… like, not just some kind of elaborate house arrest or whatever, but some kind of real jail, the republicans will absolutely lose their minds. Already, you have people like Ted Cruz calling this a weaponization of the justice department, implying some kind of grand political conspiracy. Watch out, it’s a kangaroo court in a banana republic!!!!!!

Where were these accusations of a weaponized justice system when Michael Cohen was found guilty and went to jail… why wasn’t Ted Cruz losing his shit there? What is the difference? Gee, I just can’t seem to figure it out…

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    "we are the party of law and order!"
    law and order happens
    "this is not real!"

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Now Trump is saying he never said “lock her up.” How does he even lie about that?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It wouldn't even surprise me if his covfefe goons will try to spin it as a gibberish battlecry at some point: "lochera! lochera! lochera!"

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Now Trump is saying he never said “lock her up.” How does he even lie about that?
    HE didn’t say lock her up. THEY said it. He’s even projecting onto his own supporters, lol.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)

He definitely said it a large number of times.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    And he's going to get elected because, for the third time in a row, Democrats are completely ignoring progressives and young voters. We would have this in the bag, but the Israel shit is going to chill the vote plain and simple
    Hmm. https://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/s/epsN6T6ITu

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

That's exactly what I'm talking about about. Somehow we've ended up in a place where a ton of voters think the dangers aren't real.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post

He definitely said it a large number of times.
    Oh I know, I’m quoting what he said though. He reckons only his supporters said it.

Is he oblivious to the fact pretty much everything he says is recorded or something?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Is he oblivious to the fact pretty much everything he says is recorded or something?
    No, he’s just a gaslighting asshole. I can’t think of a historical figure more flagrantly dishonest. History books will remember him for being completely full of shit.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    I hope he does go to jail. It would demonstrate that no one is above the law. Once Trump is in the big house, a president going to prison won't seem like such a big deal after a while. Things often seem impossible until they happen. It would show that our government isn't completely corrupt.

Legit impossible to understand without prior knowledge, thanks Darmok. lol

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Can we just take a minute, while we’re talking about the weaponization of the justice department… Am I getting this right? Hunter Biden is on trial because he didn’t disclose “I’ve smoked crack” on a gun application form? And this is a big deal?

This law seems to be implying that use of illegal drugs while in possession of a firearm is punishable by… up to ten fucking years in jail? Holy shit am I glad I don’t own a gun. That’s an insane liability!!! Does marijuana count, in a state where it is illegal? I mean, it’s a federal law… So…

You’d think the second amendment people would be freaking the fuck out about this, actually.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 06-07-2024 at 11:45 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    honestly the pretzels they're twisting themselves into on that is pretty funny. also kind of like the Key & Peele sketch about Obama and the Republicans.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Can we just take a minute, while we’re talking about the weaponization of the justice department… Am I getting this right? Hunter Biden is on trial because he didn’t disclose “I’ve smoked crack” on a gun application form? And this is a big deal?

This law seems to be implying that use of illegal drugs while in possession of a firearm is punishable by… up to ten fucking years in jail? Holy shit am I glad I don’t own a gun. That’s an insane liability!!! Does marijuana count, in a state where it is illegal? I mean, it’s a federal law… So…

You’d think the second amendment people would be freaking the fuck out about this, actually.
    They do ask if you've smoked weed on the form, at least here in ND.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raptors661 View Post
    They do ask if you've smoked weed on the form, at least here in ND.
    That’s crazy. Weed > guns. You’ll take my weed from my cold dead hands.

Anyway, I’m just waiting here for the brigade of libertarians (who are really all about what they say they’re about) to come riding into town and say that this is bullshit…. Any day now.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Hunter Biden found guilty on all counts.

So much for Biden’s weaponizing justice, or whatever

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    the funniest part of this is that that judge was actually doing the things that they accused Trump's of. She told them they couldn't introduce evidence of the application being changed by the employees of the gun shop, for example.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    I knew it. I knew as soon as I heard the verdict in the Hunter Biden trial, that some MAGA lunatics were going to say that Biden’s weaponized justice system was sacrificing his own son to put up a front of impartiality. Marjorie Taylor Greene has said that Hunter is a “sacrificial lamb,” and Vivek Ramaswamy called the Hunter trial a “smoke screen to legitimize the Trump conviction.”

https://www.hindustantimes.com/world...127208215.html

Meanwhile, Trump Jr is saying that they’re getting him on the minor crime to make it look like… something or whatever coked up nonsense he’s saying

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    that's the game they play. keep chaining the narrative to fit their agenda. sadly, so many people are uneducated in this country that they believe it. we are in serious trouble.