Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Indictment watch/legal woes

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    The indictment says Trump as president had placed in cardboard boxes documents containing information about defense and weapons capabilities of the United States and foreign countries, U.S. nuclear programs, and “potential vulnerabilities of the United States and its allies to military attack.”

When he left the White House, Trump ordered that scores of such boxes to be shipped to Mar-a-Lago, where they were stored in a ballroom, a bathroom, a shower, and office space, along with his bedroom and a storage room, the indictment says.
    Yikes! "Yeah, just put those top secret documents regarding nuclear secrets and defense vulnerabilities over there in the shower." Jesus. It's mind-boggling that this guy was the President of the United States of America and there are STILL people who want him to be president again despite all of this. 34 counts linked to the Stormy Daniels hush money payments, these new 37 federal charges, plus there are 2 more pending investigations that may yield even more charges. I don't see how his base can deny that he's a criminal and unfit for ANY public office, let alone POTUS.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I don't see how his base can deny that he's a criminal and unfit for ANY public office, let alone POTUS.
    I don't even think it's denial at this point, at least for some of his cult members. They think he deserves to do anything he wants because he's their golden calf, so even if he breaks the law, it doesn't matter because the law shouldn't apply to him. What's sad is that he wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire and has been laughing all the way to the bank with their support. He's also deluded enough to believe that he should be allowed to do whatever he wants simply by being Donald fucking Trump. Sadly, we all enabled him by giving him way too much attention for decades. He ended up being held up as the American dream when he was actually the worst of what America has to offer.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    wait... I'm trying to catch up, but is it being suggested that Trump showed top secret documents to Kid Rock? Nothing sounds too absurd at this point, but WHY is this...
    Also: yup

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Imagine being Trump's lawyer. I don't care how much he'd pay, it wouldn't be worth it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    if you do not have or cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed to you. whats the problem here.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    if you do not have or cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed to you. whats the problem here.
    Actually, it's only if you can't afford one, not if you just don't have one. Trumpy can definitely afford one. The question is...who is going to be dumb enough to put their entire career on the line for him?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I mean. Everyone has a price. Some lawyer could be like. A billion dollars. And I'm out forever. Goodnight. Lol

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Watched FOX tonight for a minute. Apparently Biden is the true villain.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So, will things go smoothly today in Miami or... the other thing.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I'm just sitting here hoping he jumps on his plane and tries to win the presidency from outside the US borders.

edit: lol, only about 20 people showed up for a 'protest' this morning. and I hope the guy with the truck in the pictures I've seen did that himself because otherwise he made someone very rich with that stupid wraparound he got.

Last edited by allegate; 06-13-2023 at 11:05 AM.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    well, I'm watching NBC etc, but they're going through it all with legal experts, and their angle is basically "unless he can reasonably argue that he didn't know he had the documents and was totally intending to return them, he's screwed." Even former AG Barr is saying if half of this stuff is true he's toast.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Hey just so we're clear. im in favor of putting any politician in prison who does illegal stuff.

guess we wouldn't have many politicians left. but that doesn't seem so bad to me either.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    plenty of politicians go to jail and deal with legal stuff. for whatever reason trump has been getting away with shit for years as a private citizen. he’s the dumb dumb who broken rank and used the office as his personal majesty. thinking he can do whatever as “king of the world” but he’s accountable for everything he did in office. he did try to install loyal people in different places and that’s why the maga judge is in charge of this one. it’s all weird. if people’s lives actually were endangered or lost because of his behavior with the docs, i would hope they would take him into custody. imo, if people died because of this, he should be punished to the fullest extent for treason. he abused the office like he abuses everything. he’s a user.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    So Trumpy apparently stiffed a Florida restaurant after he offered his cult members...sorry, supporters...free food from them. Can't wait to see them praise him for getting fucked over.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    So Trumpy apparently stiffed a Florida restaurant after he offered his cult members...sorry, supporters...free food from them. Can't wait to see them praise him for getting fucked over.
    LOL wtf, he didn't pay the Versailles bill? That's insane. How cheap is this motherfucker.

and @sweeterthan, if he was showing classified docs with nuclear defense stuff to Kid Rock while casually golfing or whatever, he definitely has done the same with many more... I'm sure most other people who got flashed top secret details has the common sense to not laugh about it with Tucker. So I think it's safe to say that he's gotten compromised people killed.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 06-20-2023 at 11:52 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Can we just put him away, Jesus.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    “Deranged Jack Smith, the prosecutor with Joe Biden’s DOJ, sent a letter (again, it was Sunday night!) stating that I am a TARGET of the January 6th Grand Jury investigation, and giving me a very short 4 days to report to the Grand Jury, which almost always means an Arrest and Indictment,” Trump posted on Truth Social.

If they don't start the trials soon this is getting close to looking like a gish gallop that will reduce credibility with voters.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Equally interesting to know who didn't get a target letter.

(Rudy)

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Trump case assigned to Judge Tanya S. Chutkan
    Ryan J. Reilly and Rebecca Shabad

The Trump case has been assigned to U.S. District Judge Tanya S. Chutkan, according to the court docket. Chutkan, an Obama appointee, is the only federal judge in Washington, D.C., who has sentenced Jan. 6 defendants to sentences longer than the government had requested.
    nice

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Last edited by GulDukat; 08-01-2023 at 07:53 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    I don't see how that doesn't come up at the trial.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    They know this case isn't winnable, just like all the rest of them. These public statements are to try & win people over/keep the base satiated so they turn out for him. They know the DoJ has him dead to rights, so his only way out is if he somehow wins the presidency again (VERY unlikely if his opponent is anyone but Harris) and pardons himself, forces the cases to be dropped, etc.