Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Teenage Mutant NINja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem (2023)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great score, next stop…. Headphones

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Love this, I’ve never ironed so fast as listening to this. There was a song some way through that had horns and I really wanted more but it seemed like less than a minute

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I was playing it quietly on my laptop at work, and my coworker goes, "What is that noise?" I say, "I'm just playing music quietly." and she goes, "That's not music!" lmao

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    I was playing it quietly on my laptop at work, and my coworker goes, "What is that noise?" I say, "I'm just playing music quietly." and she goes, "That's not music!" lmao
    Clearly they're an audiophile and they just want to hear it on a hi-fidelity system.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Honestly, can't wait to watch the movie.

The story that these songs tell are full of adventure, dread, false hope, loss and new beginnings. So many highs and lows. The Social Network and Dragon Tattoo are the closest OSTs to this in terms of audiostorytelling.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    A little birdie told me to keep an eye on Bandcamp early next week
    How early is early?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So many of these could easily be actual NIN songs with lyrics…

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Man, this soundtrack is awesome. It feels a lot more focused than some of the other recent ones - it's almost like you can hear the narrative arc of the movie just through the music. Maybe the descriptive track names have something to do with that and I'm projecting a little, though...

So many of these tracks are so, so good, but I think my favorite one is Megamind, Gru-Type Shit (deeply funny track name to see on a TRAR release) - the rhythm and bounce that it has is just amazing.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    A little birdie told me to keep an eye on Bandcamp early next week
    Has that birdie had anything to say about a vinyl release?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Does anyone remember if the Bandcamp stuff is just 16/44.1 or is there any hi-res option (I mean previous releases since this one isn't up yet)? I know typically there isn't hi-res but I'm not sure if that has changed. If I'm gonna pay, I'd rather buy hi-res.
    Mank is positively 24/48 as it's on my hi-res player right now. The others are probably the same given he's said in the past that they work in 24/48 mostly. As far as Bandcamp goes you get what the artist uploaded so if they uploaded 24/48 it's going to be that as long as you select a lossless format.
    Quote Originally Posted by firewlker View Post
    Goochie Goochie Goo reminded me of this:
    It's got a Ventolin vibe to it as well.
    Last edited by allegate; 07-28-2023 at 02:19 PM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Am I wrong, but was Mank the most recent score of theirs to get an LP pressing?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Am I wrong, but was Mank the most recent score of theirs to get an LP pressing?
    It was. Considering the property though, I think this would have a further reach than just TR&AR's fanbase, with how many people collect TMNT stuff.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Sounds like my parents. I heard "That's not music, that's just... NOISE" pretty frequently growing up.

But yes, this score is fantastic and I find the comparisons to Watchmen and Ghosts I-IV to be most accurate. Chaotic in the best way, too. I also gotta say that I welcome a larger batch of shorter songs for a change! I've only listened to it once all the way through so far, but there is a great deal of variety in this one and I'm looking forward to digesting it more over the next few days.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Does anyone remember if the Bandcamp stuff is just 16/44.1 or is there any hi-res option (I mean previous releases since this one isn't up yet)? I know typically there isn't hi-res but I'm not sure if that has changed. If I'm gonna pay, I'd rather buy hi-res.
    Bandcamp gives you access to all the formats for one price. For the lossless formats, it'll give you the highest resolution the artist uploaded in, which for TRAR is 24/48. Bandcamp prices are dependent on the artist, but for TRAR soundtrack releases, they have generally been a few dollars cheaper than the next cheapest available 24-bit retailer option, so for anyone who wants to own the 24-bit version, they're probably best waiting until next week's presumed Bandcamp release or even until next week's Bandcamp Friday.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Depends on the uploader. Bones & All and Empire Of Light were 24bit, but I think Mank was 16.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    People who have coworkers with taste are blessed.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    I haven't heard anything either way on this, but my assumption is that you shouldn't hold your breath for a vinyl release.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I know it's all just assumptions, but skipping a physical release for this soundtrack in particular feels like it's gonna be a big missed opportunity. The TMNT market is there by default, and I think people will really dig the soundtrack in the context of the movie and would flock to a vinyl release, especially if it's got flashy color variants. I guess we'll see how it shakes out.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I haven't heard anything either way on this, but my assumption is that you shouldn't hold your breath for a vinyl release.
    That seems surprising. I'd imagine this one would sell more than a lot of TR&AR's other scores with the large market of TMNT collectors out there.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    I know it's all just assumptions, but skipping a physical release for this soundtrack in particular feels like it's gonna be a big missed opportunity. The TMNT market is there by default, and I think people will really dig the soundtrack in the context of the movie and would flock to a vinyl release, especially if it's got flashy color variants. I guess we'll see how it shakes out.
    Given it took 2 years for Mank to be released there's at least a little tiny bit of hope. granted those two years were also hampered by Covid so maybe smaller than tiny.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    That seems surprising. I'd imagine this one would sell more than a lot of TR&AR's other scores with the large market of TMNT collectors out there.
    I have a full trophy case of high end TMNT figures so I can confirm this although I wouldnt personally go for a vinyl, as much as the music is enjoyable

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Given it took 2 years for Mank to be released there's at least a little tiny bit of hope. granted those two years were also hampered by Covid so maybe smaller than tiny.
    In Mank's case, though, the vinyl was announced right on release, it's just that delivery took forever. I think if this is going to follow the Mank model, we'll hear about it when the soundtrack drops on Bandcamp next week. I'm not super optimistic about it as it currently stands, but I don't think the possibility needs to be written off right away.

I am interested in what Bandcamp will offer for this, though - again, I don't want to set unrealistic expectations, but it would be pretty cool if we got an expanded version of the soundtrack, particularly for those really short, sub-minute cues. That way, we can have the tightly curated streaming version, and the for-the-sickos expanded edition.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    In Mank's case, though, the vinyl was announced right on release, it's just that delivery took forever. I think if this is going to follow the Mank model, we'll hear about it when the soundtrack drops on Bandcamp next week. I'm not super optimistic about it as it currently stands, but I don't think the possibility needs to be written off right away.
    So far they haven't sold any vinyl through Bandcamp, so I don't think that will be any indicator whether one is coming or not.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Depends on the uploader. Bones & All and Empire Of Light were 24bit, but I think Mank was 16.
    Mank Bandcamp download is 24/48

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I like the score, especially certain parts, and am eager to give it more listens.

Part of it does make me wonder if there will be a TMNT: Mutant Mayhem videogame tie-in at some point, and if TR&AR would do the soundtrack for that too...??

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I'm in the Portland area so this is doubly funny for us

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    One thing I realized I was looking forward to on the OST is the slow/dramatic piano version of the TMNT theme song that was in the teaser trailer (assuming it's TR on piano). Anyone know where to find the full length version?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firewlker View Post
    It is.
    So glad it is!

Loved it! My favorite soundtrack since "Watchmen"!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Saw the movie. Recommended viewing. Soundtrack worked really well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Holy fuck it is out?!? Apple Music sucks at telling me things. I listen to T&A literally every day and no notification.

LETS FUCKING GO!