Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2024 Election Thread - The Most Important Election of Our Lifetime... Again

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Yeah, but that's the one that Trump doesn't like so "it doesn't count"; there's another tomorrow.

Considering how many Republican state offices are flailing, what's going to happen? I know we have been promised an implosion pretty much every election cycle since 2018 but with Ronna Romney stepping down for a bootlicker...maybe this is the year?

edit: but also...

Last edited by allegate; 02-07-2024 at 09:19 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Marianne Williamson suspends her presidential campaign, ending long-shot primary challenge to Biden

I was told that a suspension is so that they can keep accepting money to pay off debts. Who would still be contributing to someone after they dropped out?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Delusional people that think the fuckin Green Party ever stands a chance in this country, that's who!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    It's panic time.

I'm starting to think Newsom should replace Biden as the nominee. We can't have another term of Trump.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Last edited by Aladdinsanity; 02-12-2024 at 12:00 AM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    The administration leaning into Dark Brandon is such a simple amusement for me. Like 7 layers of Internet Dumbshittery that will appeal to/register for 8.4% of the population. Good shit.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Trump calls Putin's comment that he prefers Biden over Trump a 'great compliment'
    Former President Donald Trump reacted to Russian President Vladimir Putin saying he prefers President Joe Biden over Trump because Biden is "more experienced" and "more predictable" -- which Trump called a "great compliment."

"President Putin of Russia has just given me a great compliment, actually," Trump said at a campaign rally in North Charleston, South Carolina, on Wednesday.

"He just said that he would much rather have Joe Biden as president than Trump," he continued. "Now that's a compliment. ... And of course, he would say that."
    His supporters already do a lot of mental gymnastics so they're flexible enough to accept this but everyone else is left strained and sprained on the floor.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    It's almost like Putin lies or something...

Who would think a guy invested in a huge misinformation campaign would say stuff that isn't true?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    New picture of Mike Johnson giving a thumbs up with Trump.

The Speaker of the House is getting chummy with an insurrectionist who says he wants to be a dictator.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    All this stuff about Biden having dementia, and all the close analysis of every time he stutters or speaks slowly...

And on the other hand, Trump rambles about how he'd rather be electrocuted to death than be eaten by a shark, and the audience claps and everyone moves on and acts like that insane batshit thing didn't just happen.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ign-event-iowa

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    https://www.threads.net/@accountable...st/C3qf6bix2Km

i swear these people need to be removed from the gene pool

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    All this stuff about Biden having dementia, and all the close analysis of every time he stutters or speaks slowly...

And on the other hand, Trump rambles about how he'd rather be electrocuted to death than be eaten by a shark, and the audience claps and everyone moves on and acts like that insane batshit thing didn't just happen.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ign-event-iowa
    A lot of people don't understand dementia and how memory works. Biden is old, looks old and has has a history of stuttering, so people assume he has dementia.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    https://www.threads.net/@accountable...st/C3qf6bix2Km

i swear these people need to be removed from the gene pool
    And they'll laugh it off with "it was just a joke."

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I love how they went from "Antifa/FBI was involved with January 6th" to "Yeah, we did it, and we'll do it again too!" Great strategy there.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    In case you can’t see what Bob’s holding in his hand when he says he’s going to replace democracy with it, it’s a rosary.

and here’s trump talking to a Christian broadcast group, saying he’s a proud Christian, and taking credit for overturning Roe

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...r-down-crosses
    Last edited by Jinsai; 02-23-2024 at 02:09 PM.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    "These lights are so bright in my eyes that I can't see too many people out there... but uh... I can only see the black ones, I can't see any white ones, y'see. That's how far I've come. That's how far I've come. That's a long way isn't it? Ahhhh, we've come a long way together..."

What in the hellllllllllll...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    "These lights are so bright in my eyes that I can't see too many people out there... but uh... I can only see the black ones, I can't see any white ones, y'see. That's how far I've come. That's how far I've come. That's a long way isn't it? Ahhhh, we've come a long way together..."

What in the hellllllllllll...

It wasn't that long ago a comment like that would have sank a campaign.

This won't even be a blip on the radar.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Not only will it not be a blip, but sadly, it will only gain him more support.
    We are in serious trouble.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Trump says his criminal indictments boosted his appeal to Black voters | AP News

Ah yes, because nothing courts minorities more than comparing your ridiculous "struggle" to theirs.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Trump says his criminal indictments boosted his appeal to Black voters | AP News

Ah yes, because nothing courts minorities more than comparing your ridiculous "struggle" to theirs.
    Ah yes, because Donald Trump knows what it’s like to be black and “treated so unfairly.” He specifically knows what it’s like to be a black teenager in New York, falsely accused of a heinous crime. Furthermore, he knows what it’s like to be that teen when a trust fund baby billionaire real estate mogul takes out a full page ad in the NYTimes calling for your execution from his ivory tower.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    @Jinsai , did you see that cat Jack Posobiek, or however the fuck you say/spell it, say "welcome to the end of democracy" or whatever?
    YEEZUS, man.
    (edit: i saw that you caught it. Sorry).

HEY! At least the world, as we know it, is clearly ending, fairly soon.

THAT will be exciting, at least
    Last edited by elevenism; 02-24-2024 at 09:22 PM.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    @elevenism, it’s insane and twisted. Christofascist bullshit.

I’m convinced at this point that Trump could say absolutely anything and he would lose no support. He could openly say that he thinks Hitler is inspiring or something, and his base will only get excited about it. What could he possibly say or do that would sink him?

I saw some “short list” of VP picks that Trump is apparently considering, and thankfully Tucker Carlson wasn’t one of them. That would spell doom for Biden and the next four years would be so awful.

That said I think he’s going to pick DeSantis.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    @elevenism, it’s insane and twisted. Christofascist bullshit.

I’m convinced at this point that Trump could say absolutely anything and he would lose no support. He could openly say that he thinks Hitler is inspiring or something, and his base will only get excited about it. What could he possibly say or do that would sink him?

I saw some “short list” of VP picks that Trump is apparently considering, and thankfully Tucker Carlson wasn’t one of them. That would spell doom for Biden and the next four years would be so awful.

That said I think he’s going to pick DeSantis.
    my man...my like, in this case, means, i agree with every fucking word, although, i DID learn a new one: Christofascist.
    I usually say "theocrat," however, that could technically apply to ANY religious movement.

What utterly sickens me are, well, two things, actually: these cocksuckers PURPUSOLY mistranslate the bible in an attempt to hide their bigotry, OR, use mistranslations to justify bigotry.
    SECONDLY, we now have a metric fuckton of prohpets who have somehow managed to work Donald Trump into their theology.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'm thinking Trump might pick a woman as a running mate. His logic being he could win over some white suburban women voters.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    I'm thinking Trump might pick a woman as a running mate. His logic being he could win over some white suburban women voters. finds her very attractive, and might be able to sexually assault her.
    Fixed that for you.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I think all the time about how he could start saying that 9/11 was a great beautiful thing and talking about how Bin Laden did America a favor because he wanted Trump Tower to be the tallest building in America or some shit like that, and suddenly his entire base would swing over to "fuck the 3000 dead Bin Laden was actually a hero"

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Trump holds 6-point lead over Biden despite legal woes: Poll

If Trump is convicted of trying to influence the 2020 election results in Georgia, he’s still the favorite to win, with 52 percent to Biden’s 48 percent.If he’s convicted for inciting the riots at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, his lead extends to 8 points, with 54 percent to Biden’s 46 percent.
    And if he’s convicted of crimes related to his handling of classified presidential documents, voters are split 50-50 on who to vote for.
    If Trump is convicted of trying to influence the 2020 election results in Georgia, he’s still the favorite to win, with 52 percent to Biden’s 48 percent.If he’s convicted for inciting the riots at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, his lead extends to 8 points, with 54 percent to Biden’s 46 percent.
    And if he’s convicted of crimes related to his handling of classified presidential documents, voters are split 50-50 on who to vote for.
    A slight majority, or 54 percent, said they think the prosecutions against Trump are politically motivated, rather than fair and unbiased. The same percentage said they thought Trump’s legal cases make it impossible for him to be a viable candidate.
    Voters were split 50-50 on whether the former president has committed crimes for which he’ll be convicted — as well as on whether Trump is a “threat to democracy” if he wins a second term in the Oval Office.
    So I guess the four Grand Juries that indicted Trump are in on the fix.

I sure hope these polls are wrong.