Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30

Thread: The 2024 Election Thread - The Most Important Election of Our Lifetime... Again

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

The 2024 Election Thread - The Most Important Election of Our Lifetime... Again

everything is so dumb so i made this

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Should have been careful posting that. Looks like an angry Swiftie tried to take a shot at him earlier today! (I'm kidding, but at this point, I wouldn't be surprised!)
    I saw this, but to be frank, Presidents and former Presidents have assassination attempts thwarted before they're able to execute them relatively frequently, Trump is not unique in this.

The only thing really notable about the last one was how close the person came to succeeding.

Here's a list here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...mpts_and_plots

A quick count of those listed on Wikipedia say that Obama had 11, Bush Jr had 2, Clinton had 4, Biden has had 1 and for Trump this is number 4.

I'm not trying to be callous here, but these things usually don't result in heavy news coverage. I have no doubt that Trump is going to exploit it and milk it for everything he can, but it was thwarted before the person got close. That's what's supposed to happen, and what has happened many times before with presidents and former presidents.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    It's real convenient after a week of pet memes that concluded with JD Vance being like "we just make stuff up!"

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    It's real convenient after a week of pet memes that concluded with JD Vance being like "we just make stuff up!"
    I mean, yes and no. I just don't want to assume conspiracy and set-up unless there's evidence for that, and nothing's really been released to support that yet, apart from the suspicious timing.

Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    Guess who posted that today?
    Is he trying to lose this election?

Can you imagine being on his campaign... part of the crew tasked with reigning him in and keeping him on message? Jesus... They must be the only people who despise him more than I do. They must live their daily lives in constant terror that this buffoon is going to do something like this. The damage control team probably has a bunch of code words to help them stay sane...

Everyone knows you don't want to actually piss off the Swifties. You MAGA ass hats think you know what a cult is? You think your cult is really impressive? This is a real fucking cult. You think your supporters love you? You don't know what love is, but you can't fathom the intense love Swifties have for their idol.

MAGA will come to fear the Swifties. You fools are messing with powers you cannot possibly comprehend.

EDIT: Oh Christ, some asshole tried to assassinate him again. Nooooooooooooooooo, staaaaaaaaaahp... Jesus, you're handing him a way to rebound from all the damage he's doing to himself. Let's just beat him. We can totally do this.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-15-2024 at 08:03 PM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Wow:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Wow:
    Elon's "15-year-old edgelord" persona isn't fooling anyone...

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Elon's "15-year-old edgelord" persona isn't fooling anyone...
    And he’s responding to his own alt account…

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Doesn't he have a job that he has to pretend doing?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    And people are going to still use that platform

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    EDIT: Oh Christ, some asshole tried to assassinate him again. Nooooooooooooooooo, staaaaaaaaaahp... Jesus, you're handing him a way to rebound from all the damage he's doing to himself. Let's just beat him. We can totally do this.
    Considering the collective shrug that a lot of people did after both attempts, I don't think he's garnering much sympathy at this point.

Frankly, if it gets Trumpy to stop golfing and start having to live in fear like a lot of the people he rallies against, I'm perfectly okay with it.

Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Wow:
    This one shocked me. This really does seem like it's encouraging retaliatory violence against the democratic ticket. This is not ok. At the very least, this is infinitely more troubling than the Tenacious D joke. This isn't even supposed to be humorous. This really can't just be something we move on from. He's already called for civil war. He's inciting things, and he has much more power than the common citizenry here... but if some random guy went on X/Threads/Whatever and said this, and it went viral, that person could be in real trouble.

I'm almost done reading this book, Extremely Hardcore, which is about the Elon acquisition of Twitter and the complete clusterfuck that ensued under his incompetent, bumbling leadership. It's astounding how many stupid things he has done with that platform. He and Trump have something in common here: they are ostensibly untouchable, and they constantly seem to fail upwards. You'd think by now, this would be doing some real damage to the Tesla brand... Sticker Mule has fucked themselves by attaching their brand to Trumpism, and what they did was waaaaaaay less egregious than what Elon is going around doing, loudly and in plain sight. Sure, he can threaten to impregnate Taylor Swift or whatever, say dumb cringe shit all day, tell his dumb jokes, and repost nazi conspiracy theories, but when he starts encouraging violence against politicians he doesn't like, or calling for Civil War...

There's got to be a breaking point.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    This one shocked me. This really does seem like it's encouraging retaliatory violence against the democratic ticket. This is not ok. At the very least, this is infinitely more troubling than the Tenacious D joke. This isn't even supposed to be humorous. This really can't just be something we move on from. He's already called for civil war. He's inciting things, and he has much more power than the common citizenry here... but if some random guy went on X/Threads/Whatever and said this, and it went viral, that person could be in real trouble.

I'm almost done reading this book, Extremely Hardcore, which is about the Elon acquisition of Twitter and the complete clusterfuck that ensued under his incompetent, bumbling leadership. It's astounding how many stupid things he has done with that platform. He and Trump have something in common here: they are ostensibly untouchable, and they constantly seem to fail upwards. You'd think by now, this would be doing some real damage to the Tesla brand... Sticker Mule has fucked themselves by attaching their brand to Trumpism, and what they did was waaaaaaay less egregious than what Elon is going around doing, loudly and in plain sight. Sure, he can threaten to impregnate Taylor Swift or whatever, say dumb cringe shit all day, tell his dumb jokes, and repost nazi conspiracy theories, but when he starts encouraging violence against politicians he doesn't like, or calling for Civil War...

There's got to be a breaking point.
    I mean, I'd like to say that there should be one, but it's easier said than done.

I don't know if you've ever seen the episode of Last Week Tonight where he dove into the Muskrat, that dude is relied upon by the US Government quite substantially. Enough so that it's really scary.

He's got a lot of power, and he isn't someone we can vote out. I don't know what the solution to that jackass is, unless he fails financially. Which, he might do, but it's going to be hard considering how much money Russia and other dictatorships are willing to give him.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ke View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cly8y27dwgpo

So, Laura Loomer has been travelling with Trump to campaign events, and has spent several nights with him at Mar-a-lago.

Rumours say they're having an affair, which wouldn't be a shock, since he has cheated on several wives in the past, and Melania appears to want nothing to do with him.

I want to say that this kind of controversy would hurt him, but I don't know if it actually would or not....
    sleeping with the puppet from Saw has to carry some kind of consequences, damn it.
    So now there’s people calling in bomb threats in Springfield OH, Y’know, because Haitian immigrants are eating pets there according to Donald Trump (who is still sticking to this story, because he’ll never admit he’s wrong, even if it means clinging to some crazy stupid shit, which is totally what we want in the guy with the nuclear codes).

I think it’s safe to assume that these bomb threats are being sent in by rabid Trump supporters, desperate to validate the insane claim that he made during the debate. The thing is… even if it turns out to be 100% true, he still shouldn’t be repeating shit like this based on whatever “evidence” he was running with here. He isn’t privy to some confidential information. He’s parroting some idiocy he heard on alt-right media, either some social media post or maybe something on Newsmax…

It wasn’t a verified source of information, and Donald Trump ran with it without checking if it was in any way true. That is the problem. Even if it was discovered to be true, he’s still sharing wild shit that he hasn’t looked into.

And, of course, it isn’t true, and his supporters are insane.
    WHY are there bomb 'threats' but not bomb threat arrests?!?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Donald Trump is simply a terrorist. To use a rumor like to harass these poor, suffering people is terrorism. These are *legal* immigrants, too. Not that it matters

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    can't get on threads atm but maybe someone else can:

https://www.threads.net/@aaron.rupar/post/C_lOsGrAOzM/

"Astonishing Trump rant, describing, in detail, a sexual assault allegation from 50 years ago he says never happened, while his lawyers look on in astonishment."

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    To be fair, the would-be shooter only had the concept of an assassination.

-The person I stole this quote from.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    can't get on threads atm but maybe someone else can:

https://www.threads.net/@aaron.rupar/post/C_lOsGrAOzM/

"Astonishing Trump rant, describing, in detail, a sexual assault allegation from 50 years ago he says never happened, while his lawyers look on in astonishment."
    OMG the glances his lawyers keep shooting each other are S E N D I N G me.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    New important information coming out:
    -Yesterday's shooter never had line of sight to Trump.
    -Yesterday's shooter never fired a shot.

So, it sounds to me like the Secret Service did their jobs properly and didn't have a lapse this time.

Additionally, the suspect:
    -Has a documented history with law enforcement, including felony weapons charges.
    -Has a documented history of mental illness and instability.
    -Attempted to join the Ukrainian military, but was rejected due to lack of training.
    -Claims to have voted for Trump in 2016, but became disillusioned and (while registered unaffiliated) has donated to Democratic campaigns.

So, it appears that (once again) the problem here is the worshipping of violence in America, combined with the easy access to guns.