Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31

Thread: The 2024 Election Thread - The Most Important Election of Our Lifetime... Again

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/...endorses-trump

Mayor of only Muslim-run city in US endorses Trump for election

Amer Ghalib, who leads city in battleground state of Michigan, says the Republican is the ‘right choice’, despite disagreements.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    ^ not good

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/...endorses-trump

Mayor of only Muslim-run city in US endorses Trump for election

Amer Ghalib, who leads city in battleground state of Michigan, says the Republican is the ‘right choice’, despite disagreements.
    What a complete idiot.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    It's a fundamentalist religious city. Many of their policies lean conservative, they were always going to go for trump.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    With people from immigrant communities that are predominantly religious, it's often a toss-up over whether they'll go for the antiracist or with the antiqueer candidate. I see it in my family too.

Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Since there’s no thread about her on here (which is kinda surprising really), why not bring up the Chappell Roan controversy here. I don’t know exactly how she should have responded to being nagged for a political stance, but the way she responded sucked. This isn’t the time for equivalencies, or trying to save the world. The election is coming up in a little over a month, and if Trump wins, every liberally inclined thing you cherish will be fucked.

So really, Chappell Roan talking about how the liberals aren’t good enough on transgender rights? I’m not even sure what that’s really rooted in, but this isn’t the time for it. After Kamala Harris wins, you’ll have a platform for that cause. If Trump wins, your cause will be obliterated.

It feels like we’re in the trenches, trying to blow up the fucking Death Star, and somehow, over the intercom, we have someone complaining about how Princess Leia is a bitch, and her response to the Alderaan disaster was underwhelming.

I have an opinion on how the Harris administration should address Gaza, the Ukraine… everything. There’s a lot of things that matter to me. I want to see them addressed by an administration that actually might care about them, and have a reasonable solution to international crises. But that’s a lot to unpack, and we don’t even have time to get into it at this point. Trump wants Israel to “finish the job.” He doesn’t seem to care that much if Putin wins the war with Ukraine. He’s threatening Iran right now with impending military decimation.

We have 42 days til the election. Stay on target.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-26-2024 at 09:54 PM.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)

Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Mark Robinson has been suddenly hospitalized after a heart-related issue…

Dont be surprised if this is cited as a reason for dropping out of the race, because…. I will be surprised if he’s not replaced somehow due to a health emergency…

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I thought he was being treated for 2nd degree burns?

And can he be replaced? People have died before and were still on the ballot.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    "Let's just use these bricks from this warehouse fucked up by the hurricane to make me a podium/staging area for my speech..."

wretched trumpstain....

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Hot take after watching the debate in its entirety: it did more for the Trump / Vance ticket then the Harris / Walz ticket. 100% due to the fact that Vance is not Trump. That's it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Donald Trump is gaining on Kamala Harris in the polls. I have some theories why

Robert Reich

How can Trump – the sleaziest person ever to run for president, who has already been convicted on 34 felony charges and impeached twice, whose failures of character and leadership were experienced directly by the American public during his four years at the helm – be running neck-and-neck with a young, talented, intelligent person with a commendable record of public service?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Has anyone read project 2025? I just get the impression it's the most dystopian thing out there. George Orwell is rolling in his grave. Everything Trump espouses is anti-American, and is the death of democracy. We would have a dictator rather than a president. I'd like to think there are people in this country who are powerful enough to make sure atrocities didn't occur. I keep having nightmares about Trump. I'm genuinely scared for this country, but moreover, I'm scared of the people who support him.
    Might as well kiss American democracy goodbye, and say hello to the autocracy and totalitarian system of government (so basically like Russia) that would exist with Donald Trump
    "And he signs his name with a capital D"

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I thought Walz outperformed Vance by a longshot. JD was cool and collected in his answers, but they consistently reverted back to threats of "THEY'RE COMING OVER THE BORDER" or random-ass claims of "CENSORSHIP ON FACEBOOK." Doesn't matter how suave your demeanor is when what you're saying is just complete and utter bullshit.

Vance not being able to say Trump lost the election was damning. This debate was basically set up to be Vance's potential ticket to the nomination in 2028, but let's be real ... he's going to be used as the scapegoat for why they lose the election when the Trump camp turns on him.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I'm a slow reader, and still in the process of reading this indictment, but CNN's coverage is appalling, and I know we've said it all along, but it really, really is.

I'm watching Anderson Cooper, and they're concluded their talk about the unsealing of these indictments by saying that they don't think it's going to matter politically, because we already knew or could have inferred the things that are in there, but that young voters don't like Harris because of the war in Israel, and then return from commercial to go immediately to coverage of the war in Israel.

There's proof in here that on January 5, Trump had just got out of a meeting with Pence, and Pence had explicitly and repeatedly told Trump he wouldn't do his bidding on January 6,then Trump immediately got onto twitter and told his supports that Pence was going to do what he wanted.

And the details about just how significant and sustained the pressure campaign on Pence was to try and do this....and the way the pressure campaign mounted. There's back and forth in here, where Trump's lawyer tells Pence that he has the authority to do this, Pence's lawyer says he doesn't, then Trump's lawyers concede that Pence doesn't have the authority, but encourage him to do it anyways!

I know we always say that you can't get through to Trump's supporters, but it's all right here in black and white that Trump explicitly states that it doesn't matter if he won or lost. His own lawyers admitted that Pence can't do the thing they said he could. There were many many meetings where Pence told Trump explicitly that he wasn't going to do what he wanted, and Trump still told his supporters that Pence would.

Sorry, but I don't think there's as much in here that was already publicly known. It might be clear and obvious that something similar to this happened, but the details were foggy and left to a persons imagination. That fog has been cleared now.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I was speaking to a coworker and he said, "I just don't know which one is better." The thing is he's gay, like flamboyantly so, like "was part of a company-wide photo/awareness campaign" gay. Needless to say I was a little gob-smacked at that. So I asked about P2025 and he said he hadn't heard of it. I gave him just one piece of information: we are federal employees, the plan is to fire us all more or less immediately. He said that's not possible so I told him about Trump's Schedule F thing and how he would be bringing that back in force.

I didn't say anything about orientation and whatnot because that one...if you don't know what Republicans stand for in that regard then are you really paying attention? What do they talk about in the meetings he's in? I know there's the Hatch Act but fuck that thing when it comes to your actual self. I'm breaking it right now by wearing a button ffs but I'll be damned if I let someone tell me my life is breaking a rule.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    I don’t understand how anyone even feels like using the word “perform” (no offence to anyone here) in the same sentence as Vance. He just exists, just like trump does. The sooner this is all over the better.

After all these pre-election assassination attempts, wouldn’t that make trump worried to actually be in the spotlight for another four years? I mean if there are targets on him now, imagine after the hypothetical fact.