Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: The 2024 Election Thread - The Most Important Election of Our Lifetime... Again

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Biden looked/sounded great today. Why couldn't that Biden have showed up last night?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I switched over to CNN for like 3 seconds and saw what appeared to be some sort of Red Carpet while all the anchors acted like the Oscars were getting ready to start or some shit. I literally said "man fuck this shit" out loud and then rented the new Mad Max movie instead.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I watched two minutes to try and distract me of the horrible day I've had and it only made it worse.

Today, I remembered this:

Yeah.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I miss Bernie

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Did Biden really challenge Trump to a golf-off? I thought he was trying to kick the impression that he was too old… that’s got to be the most geriatric thing I can think of
    That was one of the stupidest parts of the debate. I couldn't believe Biden took it on. Like, it would have been so easy to just say, "Look, my opponent over here is so concerned about his golf game. Remember, he spent more days golfing in his first term than any other president. I'm focused on working hard for the American people. Donald, if you want to drop out of the race so you can work on your golf game seven days a week to be a better golfer than me, please have at it."

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    2028: No Old, Senile White Guys Please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    Time to call Newsom?
    Honest question. Why is everyone so gung ho on Newsome? California has a rampant homeless problem, not mention DAs that don't prosecute any serious crimes other than murder, which that is even a stretch.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Huffington Post having a full blown headline: "Supreme Court Gives Joe Biden The Legal OK To Assassinate Donald Trump" this morning is a full on fucking FLEX. God I wish the fucking Dems had the guts to take this opportunity to really fuck shit up for the GOP. ~But wHeN tHeY gO lOw We Go HiGh~

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    How does Madam VP Harris fit in to all of this DEFCON 1 stuff?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookster426 View Post
    Honest question. Why is everyone so gung ho on Newsome? California has a rampant homeless problem, not mention DAs that don't prosecute any serious crimes other than murder, which that is even a stretch.
    The state of California doesn't have a "rampant homeless problem." The country has failed to fund a series of safety nets and welfare programs that would protect people from homeless and has instead engaged in the repeatedly failed practice of criminalization. California has the largest population of any state and the nicest weather, so homeless often come here from other states out of a need for survival. Per capital, we are not on the top of the list for homeless population. They are not the problem. They are in need of protection

Your second of two Fox News talking points is also bullshit. California eliminated a three strikes law. That's it. The three strikes law over crowded prisons, saw people imprisoned for life over incredibly minor crimes, permanently breaking apart families and ruining lives. Nothing about this policy *reduced* crime. You don't fight crime through police and imprisonment. That's not how that works.

Newsom is a proactive and outspoken governor who is very articulate and has a lot socially forward and progressive policies he immediately lead us to a fairly large surplus and then used that surplus to create housing for the homeless and start manufacturing our own insulin so we could get better prices. That's just a few examples. If Biden isn't up to the political moment, which he isn't, Newsom certainly is. Newsom is also the sort of milk toast centrist that the establishment might not push off the ballot. I also like Ro Kanna

That said, all this "replace Biden on the ballot" stuff is sheer, baffling idiocy. We have 4 months until the election, we do not have the electoral infrastructure to run *another* primary just because the guy performed poorly in one debate against a convicted felon. He's not my favorite choice but he is the only choice. We don't live in this fantasy land where these other people have a chance.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookster426 View Post
    Honest question. Why is everyone so gung ho on Newsome?
    Who else for plan B?