Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: The 2024 Election Thread - The Most Important Election of Our Lifetime... Again

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I love the right getting mad that only Trump was fact checked as if that doesn't mean he was the only one lying

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    What a travesty of a “debate” that was. I don’t even know why they do these performative things anyways. No one is switching their vote by the end of it. A few undecided "centrist" people might have been swayed but it was the same crap as usual. The stuff you’ve heard 942 times from Trump was there. So doubt you’d change your opinion now. I guess by his deductions, EVERY issue in America is responsible due to illegal immigrants. All of it.

Kamala was a typical establishment democrat platitude machine pandering to the middle class for favor. I'd clap over it if it hadn't have been done so many times over and over and over election cycles before. I'll believe her when I see change if she is elected, otherwise I will not choke down the declarations with a smile. Found it funny he bashed her for BLM/Defund Police stuff when her prior history and positions dictate otherwise.

I'm still in awe that this is the "best" that America has to offer its citizens and future....but not really.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    What a travesty of a “debate” that was. I don’t even know why they do these performative things anyways. No one is switching their vote by the end of it. A few undecided "centrist" people might have been swayed but it was the same crap as usual. The stuff you’ve heard 942 times from Trump was there. So doubt you’d change your opinion now.
    At the same time, who is really undecided at this point? Really? Is this going to change their minds? What do they really need to hear or see at this point? What will change anyone’s mind?

The biggest thing that we got from the debate was a “hello, I’m Kamala Harris, I’m sane, relatable, and normal, I have an economic plan, and I’m running against this unhinged racist asshole” on display for everyone, once and for all. Maybe that’s enough to push 1%, and at this point that’s a big deal.

Just like Taylor Swift’s endorsement might move the needle 1%. We can talk all day about how stupid that is, but I’ll take it. If this election was about competence, we already had four years of Trump on display. That wasn’t enough apparently, so we’re down to performative optics. Oh well, it is what it is

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    "In the World of Boxing or UFC, when a Fighter gets beaten or knocked out, they get up and scream, 'I DEMAND A REMATCH, I DEMAND A REMATCH!' Well, it’s no different with a Debate. She was beaten badly last night. Every Poll has us WINNING, in one case, 92-8, so why would I do a Rematch?" --DJT

Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    "In the World of Boxing or UFC, when a Fighter gets beaten or knocked out, they get up and scream, 'I DEMAND A REMATCH, I DEMAND A REMATCH!' Well, it’s no different with a Debate. She was beaten badly last night. Every Poll has us WINNING, in one case, 92-8, so why would I do a Rematch?" --DJT
    That poll he’s citing is from the Daily Caller, if it’s the one he posted on his Truth Social propaganda network

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    That poll he’s citing is from the Daily Caller, if it’s the one he posted on his Truth Social propaganda network
    No, you must be mistaken. EVERY POLL has Trump winning.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    That was one thing Kamala did well, which was getting Trump to make his most outlandish claims out loud. I mean, maybe he was gonna do it any way. But saying that you have a lead in the polls is one thing. Claiming that it's 92-8 makes you look like a fucking dumbass

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    In that gaggle occurred possibly one of the most stunning moments of the campaign — after defending his performance, Trump came face-to-face with New York City Councilman Yusef Salaam, none other than a member of the “Central Park Five” whom the former president called to be executed for crimes they were later exonerated of committing. Reporters asked Trump if he would apologize to Salaam. He did not, instead turning away laughing after quipping that Salaam was “on my side”, which the bemused Salaam denied.
    would that be the side that wants him executed? And who asked - presumably tongue-in-cheek but you never know - Mr. Salaam if he wanted to be executed?

Last edited by allegate; 09-11-2024 at 04:53 PM.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Kamala’s cheekbones have won the election already tbh.

That comment about eating cats and dogs is just… lol. Is this reality?

Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    My favorite thing so far are the objections to fact checking and the conspiracy that she must have had the answers in advance. Just different, whinier versions of “Trump clearly lost and I’m sad”

One of my favorite things about the debate was “cacklin” Kamala Harris laughing straight to his face, and it was natural and deserved. What, no attacks on her laugh where she derided the confused man? I thought she was “prohibited from laughing” Trump? I thought, if she laughs, that’s the end of her campaign. I gotta watch that clip again…
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-12-2024 at 09:27 AM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    My favorite thing so far are the objections to fact checking and the conspiracy that she must have had the answers in advance.
    Here's a question: if he's such a fucking genius as his followers claim, why couldn't he come up with great answers? Why is it "she must have had the questions in advance!"? That shit shouldn't have phased him at all if he's so smart.

EDIT: And now he's backed out of doing another debate. What a baby.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 09-12-2024 at 05:53 PM.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Yes, clearly:

Donald Trump has announced that he will not participate in a second debate against Kamala Harris ahead of the November elections.
    The former president claimed on Truth Social that polls showed he "clearly won" his first debate against Harris in Philadelphia earlier this week.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    He's so desperate he announced no taxes on overtime.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cly8y27dwgpo

So, Laura Loomer has been travelling with Trump to campaign events, and has spent several nights with him at Mar-a-lago.

Rumours say they're having an affair, which wouldn't be a shock, since he has cheated on several wives in the past, and Melania appears to want nothing to do with him.

I want to say that this kind of controversy would hurt him, but I don't know if it actually would or not....

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Obviously, Donald and Melania have an agreement between them. I think claims of her animosity towards him are greatly exaggerated and claims of her victimhood are impossible for me to stomach. That said the structure of their relationship is clearly unconventional, and any kind of hand wringing about it should really belong to the right.

Loomer suddenly appearing, and at a 9/11 memorial no less, is fortuitous timing, but the response to her appearance means she'll be easy for him to jettison, and I imagine she'll be out of there in like a week.

Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    They asked Trump today about his relationship with Loomer. He said she is a “free spirit.”

Huh. A couple days before the debate (which she traveled to with him), she said that if Kamala wins the election, “the White House will smell like curry” along with some jab about “call centers.” In the past she’s called herself a “proud Islamophobe” and has said she’s “pro white nationalism.”

So I say keep asking him about her.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-13-2024 at 06:07 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    The whole Hannibal Lector thing may be something she fed him too. Or maybe something he fed to her, I don't know, but he's no longer the only person talking about Hannibal Lector. We truly live in the worst timeline.

https://imgur.com/gallery/crazy-trai...by-min-TxIonxn

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    A couple days before the debate (which she traveled to with him), she said that if Kamala wins the election, “the White House will smell like curry” along with some jab about “call centers.” In the past she’s called herself a “proud Islamophobe” and has said she’s “pro white nationalism.”

So I say keep asking him about her.
    Shit was SO BAD that fucking MARJORIE TAYLOR GREEN called her out for the extreme racism. FOR REAL.

Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    So now there’s people calling in bomb threats in Springfield OH, Y’know, because Haitian immigrants are eating pets there according to Donald Trump (who is still sticking to this story, because he’ll never admit he’s wrong, even if it means clinging to some crazy stupid shit, which is totally what we want in the guy with the nuclear codes).

I think it’s safe to assume that these bomb threats are being sent in by rabid Trump supporters, desperate to validate the insane claim that he made during the debate. The thing is… even if it turns out to be 100% true, he still shouldn’t be repeating shit like this based on whatever “evidence” he was running with here. He isn’t privy to some confidential information. He’s parroting some idiocy he heard on alt-right media, either some social media post or maybe something on Newsmax…

It wasn’t a verified source of information, and Donald Trump ran with it without checking if it was in any way true. That is the problem. Even if it was discovered to be true, he’s still sharing wild shit that he hasn’t looked into.

And, of course, it isn’t true, and his supporters are insane.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-13-2024 at 10:13 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Still giddy after watching her wipe the floor with his ass. I was nervous before it started, but from the opening big dawg move of getting into his space to shake his hand it seemed like she had it in the bag. Once she got the jitters out and found her groove, it was over. He bit on EVERY fucking bait and swallowed the fucking hook. Every. Time. It was glorious to watch.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    So now there’s people calling in bomb threats in Springfield OH, Y’know, because Haitian immigrants are eating pets there according to Donald Trump (who is still sticking to this story, because he’ll never admit he’s wrong, even if it means clinging to some crazy stupid shit, which is totally what we want in the guy with the nuclear codes).

I think it’s safe to assume that these bomb threats are being sent in by rabid Trump supporters, desperate to validate the insane claim that he made during the debate. The thing is… even if it turns out to be 100% true, he still shouldn’t be repeating shit like this based on whatever “evidence” he was running with here. He isn’t privy to some confidential information. He’s parroting some idiocy he heard on alt-right media, either some social media post or maybe something on Newsmax…

It wasn’t a verified source of information, and Donald Trump ran with it without checking if it was in any way true. That is the problem. Even if it was discovered to be true, he’s still sharing wild shit that he hasn’t looked into.

And, of course, it isn’t true, and his supporters are insane.
    Today's episode of The Daily covers the history of the town in a very concise way.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2024/09/13/p...ants-pets.html

It seems the catalyst that triggered all of the pent up community outrage towards migrants was when a Haitian refuge driving a minivan collided head on with a school bus. The crash killed an 11-year-old boy, and that accident launched the community onto Vance's radar as he represents the state. The most heart-wrenching part of the episode was at the end. The father of the boy killed in the accident went to a city council meeting and expressed his disdain toward everybody politicizing this. Literally said "I wish it was a white man who hit that school bus" and that he won't stand for his son's memory to be tarnished by hate. I wept after hearing that.

Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Literally said "I wish it was a white man who hit that school bus" and that he won't stand for his son's memory to be tarnished by hate. I wept after hearing that.
    I read an article about this father asking the right not to politically exploit his son’s death, and the article showed some responses from the alt right social circles… Yeah, I know these are just sick comments from rando assholes on Twitter or whatever, but you know these people would love this father if he was blaming immigrants for his son’s death. Great stuff like:

• “The dad is a mentally ill leftist.”
    • “Then I guess he should hug Biden and Harris for allowing the ‘immigrant’ to kill his son.”
    • “Absolute slob, disgusting person.”
    • “He is putting his politics above the life of his innocent child.”
    • ”It’s sad that he’s okay with other children dying at the hands of illegals.”

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ke View Post
    We truly live in the worst timeline.
    I’d have that embroidered on a shirt.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/...100th-birthday

‘I’m trying to make it’: Jimmy Carter’s goal is to vote for Kamala Harris

Nearing his 100th birthday and in hospice care since February 2023, the former president Jimmy Carter reportedly has one goal: voting for Kamala Harris against Donald Trump.
    “I’m only trying to make it to vote for Kamala Harris,” Carter told his son Chip this week, as his grandson Jason Carter recounted to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

So, they're admitting that they're making this shit up. I mean, it probably won't change anything, but they are admitting it.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    "I have to lie to the American people to protect the American people." That's sound logic right there.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Dude knew he fucked up after saying that too, with that painfully long stretch of silence before Dana calls him on it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I HATE TAYLOR SWIFT!
    Guess who posted that today?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Should have been careful posting that. Looks like an angry Swiftie tried to take a shot at him earlier today! (I'm kidding, but at this point, I wouldn't be surprised!)