Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Civil War

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)

Civil War

No, this isn't one of my fever dreams regarding The Famous End of the World.

It's an A24 flick that, apparently, does what it says on the tin: it appears to be about USA Civil War 2, with a script written by the same cat who did 28 Days Later, Ex Machina,and some other more shit.

PLUS, our little A24 seems to be getting an IMAX release for.this one.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'll see what the reviews are, but this looks interesting.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    ...with a script written by the same cat who did 28 Days Later, Ex Machina,and some other more shit.
    Annihilation deserves a mention here, as well.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I really like Alex Garland's work overall, although Men was a bit of a disappointment. I don't really know how to feel about this film though. The trailer was somewhat unnerving, but at the same time, I could easily see this becoming too much of a one-note film. I will check it out regardless.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I really like Alex Garland's work overall, although Men was a bit of a disappointment. I don't really know how to feel about this film though. The trailer was somewhat unnerving, but at the same time, I could easily see this becoming too much of a one-note film. I will check it out regardless.
    I feel your concern. However, even if there's only one note, or chord, perhaps, what if it's badass, like, idk, an Fm11 or Bb13 or something? Or, suppose it's a VERY realistically possible Devil's Triad.

I just hope they don't hold back. I wanna see some shit. I wish for people to see the country torn apart by the Authoritarian Right, and the goddam Dominionist Theocrat "christians."

People REALLY need a wake up call.

I

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    The trailer gave me so much anxiety!!! Definitely tapped into some great fears about how fragile our democracy is and how easily people were radicalized over the last 6 or how many years (since Trump, let's be honest.) I hate to say it, but I'm not watching this in 2024, it hits waaaaay too close to home!