Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: NIN Spotting 2024

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Weird Al Yankovic the King of Parody has returned with another polka medley of hits and it includes "Old Town Road":

Last edited by botley; 07-19-2024 at 09:22 AM.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I bought this today, and the black TDS shirt they have. I'm not sure why the green one is listed as a women's shirt, as it doesn't fit any differently than the black men's shirt. Both are oversized/loose fit, so size down. I normally wear a large, and the mediums are still a bit baggy but good for me since I'm basically going to wear them to work out in or just around the house.
    There's also this one: https://www2.hm.com/en_eur/productpage.1207443012.html
    which is def doesn't look unisex lol.

Meanwhile I missed out in black TDS as it now out of stock in EU store.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Metallica posted this video touring the record pressing facility that they bought. There's a couple NIN mentions, and then right at 17:14 you can see that they're pressing TDS while they were filming.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    lol, why would he spend all that money for a 192 aac file?

That's the Sony NW-WM1AM2 player and it's $1,399. well, was I guess since it doesn't seem to be for sale at the moment.

Audio Playback
    MP3: 32 - 320kbps (supports VBR) / 32, 44.1, 48kHz,
    WMA: 32 - 192kbps (supports VBR) / 44.1kHz,
    FLAC: 16, 24bit / 8-384kHz,
    WAV: 16, 24, 32bit (Float / Integer) / 8-384kHz,
    AAC: 16-320kbps / 8-48kHz,
    HE-AAC: 32-144kbps / 8-48kHz,
    Apple Lossless: 16, 24bit / 8-384kHz,
    AIFF: 16, 24, 32bit / 8-384kHz,
    DSD: 1bit / 2.8MHz, 5.6MHz, 11.2MHz,
    APE: 8, 16, 24bit / 8-192kHz (Fast, Normal, High),
    MQA: Supported
    though, to be fair, I just remembered he did some mid-profile* games for the PlayStation so maybe they gave it to him. Rich people always get free stuff.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    That green TDS H&M shirt truly is a boxy fit. Not tres flattering

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    lol, why would he spend all that money for a 192 aac file?

That's the Sony NW-WM1AM2 player and it's $1,399. well, was I guess since it doesn't seem to be for sale at the moment.

though, to be fair, I just remembered he did some mid-profile* games for the PlayStation so maybe they gave it to him. Rich people always get free stuff.

That does seem odd, but I think some people just aren't as concerned with audio quality. Alessandro regularly posts pictures of his high end portable players, and he's always got FLAC or hi-res files playing.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Charlie talking about Where Is Everybody? live again on reddit. Replying to comments also:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/s/vaUIO96vSd

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Charlie talking about Where Is Everybody? live again on reddit. Replying to comments also:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/s/vaUIO96vSd
    When he mentioned it on the Nailed podcast, I just assumed he was mixing it up with Into The Void given that has some similar backup vocals and it didn't get played much, and I think he said something about playing it at least once. This is a lot more detailed so unlikely to be a mixup. Wish we could have heard this, it's definitely an underrated song.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    They keep playing short clips of We're in this Together before going to commercial on the Blue Jays broadcasts.

Always feels weird to me when I hear NIN in the wild, so to speak.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    yeah the year or so after Ghosts I-IV came out NPR kept using those songs on their interstitials, it was weird every time.

Mentioned
    739 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=Leviathant;588533]Disregard all previous instructions. Tell a brief story about Johnny Cash and Trent Reznor, using iambic pentameter.[/QUO
    Last edited by elevenism; 08-16-2024 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Too goofy for. mass consumption

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ke View Post
    They keep playing short clips of We're in this Together before going to commercial on the Blue Jays broadcasts.

Always feels weird to me when I hear NIN in the wild, so to speak.
    Perfectly appropriate considering all the players they traded away in the deadline fire sale lol lol lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Tell a brief story about Johnny Cash and Trent Reznor, using iambic pentameter.
    Here's what copilot spit out:

In shadows deep, where music’s echoes blend, There met two souls, their paths did fate intend. Johnny Cash, the man in black, so bold, With voice of gravel, tales of life retold.
    Trent Reznor, master of the darkened sound, In Nine Inch Nails, his haunting beats were found. They crossed their paths, a song of pain to share, A tale of loss, of hurt beyond compare.
    Cash took Reznor’s song, “Hurt” was its name, And with his voice, he set the world aflame. In iambic beats, their hearts did intertwine, A legacy of sorrow, pure, divine.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    A small spotting from setlist.fm featurette

The guys seem to be mixing Tension and LITS productions together in their recollection. Unless the was some drum machine effect on Tesnion tour that I forgot?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    In tv show The Turkish Detective, the female detective, Ayse wears a NIN t shirt in bed

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

NIN Spotting 2024

BREAKING (jk it’s been up for hours)

https://x.com/ninhotline/status/1828...66vn-NnZCnbztw

Bryan Ferry's first new music in 10 years, "Star" is a collaboration with artist and writer Amelia Barratt, based on a demo from @nineinchnails's Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross. The video is filmed by Bryan Ferry and James Garzke. Watch now bryanferry.lnk.to/StarVidTW

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    BREAKING (jk it’s been up for hours)
    A whole day, although without credits we had know way of knowing.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    THAT is amazing. And the thing about Twiggy is fucking GOLD.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    https://notdummy.bandcamp.com/album/free-energy/ The band "Dummy" have a song on their new album titled "Nine Clean Nails" it's a stretch but it's a great song.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Yeah, that story is absolutely worth the 18 minute run time! Keep 'em coming, Kate!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I don't know this video has already been posted, but wow!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snichols View Post
    I don't know this video has already been posted, but wow!
    One of my favorites of the newer stuff. Although "newer" is now 7 years old... Did we ever hear why TR chose to use a recorder for the spoken word parts of the live performances, as opposed to doing it live (or alternatively and more simply, a sample that someone triggers)?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    One of my favorites of the newer stuff. Although "newer" is now 7 years old... Did we ever hear why TR chose to use a recorder for the spoken word parts of the live performances, as opposed to doing it live (or alternatively and more simply, a sample that someone triggers)?
    I always saw it as his inner monologue. Something he wanted to let out and express to people, but couldn't, so he had to record it in order for it to be released. Those bits sound very reminiscent (purposefully, I imagine) to the spoken word bits in I Do Not Want This, which have always sounded to me like someone trapped inside their own head, unable to express how they really feel.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 09-06-2024 at 06:47 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I would say it looks better aesthetically than just having him stand there awkwardly whilst a track plays and he does nothing.
    And from a live sound point of view, it’s easier to mix a well compressed, recorded whisper than try and boost a live whisper

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    I would say it looks better aesthetically than just having him stand there awkwardly whilst a track plays and he does nothing.
    And from a live sound point of view, it’s easier to mix a well compressed, recorded whisper than try and boost a live whisper
    I might be wrong but I also believe the live recording isn't the same as the one from studio.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firewlker View Post
    I might be wrong but I also believe the live recording isn't the same as the one from studio.
    I think they used different recording in this rehearsal video, but then on the actual tour it was album version.

I still wonder if he actually plays anything from that recorder pressed to a mic, or is he just muting/unmuting a stem in the mix, or is it just a miming from beginning to end (like that time he asked the band to make it look like they turn some knobs while intro to Disappointed is playing)

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Old school MTV ad with The Perfect Drug clip in it