Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nine Inch Nails songs playable in Fortnite Festival

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    As posted in NIN spotting, someone made an edit omitting the censorship and abrupt ending;

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Now all we need is "Terrible Lie" added to Fortnite, complete with "Now I'm Nothing"...

Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    As posted in NIN spotting, someone made an edit omitting the censorship and abrupt ending;
    Omitting the censorship, sure. Changing the ending? Ehh.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I never thought we'd get a studio version of the live arrangement. Getting a new version of a TDS track in 2024 is kinda crazy.

Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leftshoe18 View Post
    I never thought we'd get a studio version of the live arrangement. Getting a new version of a TDS track in 2024 is kinda crazy.
    Well, sort of a new appendage to a TDS track but still ... wild!

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    my dumb ass sitting here thinking, "there was a Japanese film called Fortnite?" and then I finally cottoned to the word genre and then I figured it out. (-‸ლ)
    Yeah same here, don't worry. I was really intrigued by that violent japanese flick for a couple of seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    [...]there's a lot to be unpacked about what we're protecting kids from in a gaming genre named after a Japanese film that's so violent that it didn't get domestic US distribution until ten years after its release, but hey... here we are.
    Well, let's not dwell on that. That's like making actual Squid Games, there's something so innocently perverted in taking such concepts and making them devoid of all meaning, apart from "who cares it's just fun".

I'm not a fan of that version, it lacks punch, although from what you said it depends on the game you play... Anyway I'm not the target audience, and apart from old-timer fan nitpicking, it's pretty cool that he'd re-record it for the occasion. Had he only lent the rights, it would have a desperate "what's a Fortnite ?" vibe, but with that edit there's commitment to being part of this, which I find endearing.

Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    As posted in NIN spotting, [i]someone made an edit omitting the censorship and abrupt ending;
    I think it's worth calling out that the above was put together by a NIN community member who's done a lot of cool stuff on their channel (including the remastered David Carson backing film for Fragility 1.0) and since I'm on the topic, they've got a Bandcamp page worth checking out too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Yeah same here, don't worry. I was really intrigued by that violent japanese flick for a couple of seconds...

Well, let's not dwell on that. That's like making actual Squid Games, there's something so innocently perverted in taking such concepts and making them devoid of all meaning, apart from "who cares it's just fun".

I'm not a fan of that version, it lacks punch, although from what you said it depends on the game you play... Anyway I'm not the target audience, and apart from old-timer fan nitpicking, it's pretty cool that he'd re-record it for the occasion. Had he only lent the rights, it would have a desperate "what's a Fortnite ?" vibe, but with that edit there's commitment to being part of this, which I find endearing.
    Japanese government tried to ban the book and later the movie, I think.