Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Martens x NIN Collaboration

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhulud View Post
    At those potential USD prices, that’s gonna be an easy pass.
    Gotta keep in mind that EVERYTHING is more expensive in Australia. They have import taxes on everything and it also costs a ton to ship everything there, considering how far away it is. The boots will cost less in the US than they do in Australia.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So 8am EST these drop right?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

A post shared by on

This post says 8am PST. It's been pretty confusing as I think they've changed what it said several times. Might be worth checking at 8 EST just to be safe as well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I’ll still check but sounds like it’ll be 11am my time.

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    With the launches being at 8am in three different time zones, I'm betting they're on an old ecommerce platform that's kind of an asspain, and so they need people to be clocked in and watching the site when the shoes drop.

DM's US HQ is in Portland, OR so the 8am PST tracks.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I wish there was a way to get those black on black, fan exclusive ones! Those are really the only ones I like - I prefer the more subtle style of branding rather than the more obvious options. Those ones just don't really do anything for me.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Wtf
    Last edited by hippygeek; 07-19-2024 at 08:05 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Whaaat, no cornstarch ones in the UK?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hippygeek View Post
    WTF has happened to the NIN community?
    I dunno, we grew up?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I can't even look at the Reddit posts, with stuff like "NIN getting crucified on social media". Crucified by who? Teenagers who aren't going to buy them anyway? Gen X fans who just want to complain? I just don't get it. And the people who are saying "just release new music!", to them I say, try being a fan of The Cure. You think Trent and Atticus are on the factory line hand stitching boots? John Crawford is doing the work, Trent is probably just spending a bit of time with ideas and approval. Stuff like this isn't keeping him from making music. Of course, I want new music too. I think the reality is that Trent is probably in a different mindset after the pandemic, he's basically said as much in some of the interviews. He has other priorities, and while it isn't the end of NIN, he doesn’t seem to be in a rush either.

I find it curious that the amount of complaining I've seen about this Dr Marten collab is exponentially more than with the Welcome Skateboard collab. If it were actually feasible, I'd want to approach this like political polling and try to figure out what age group it is that's complaining most. I thought Dr Martens were something that NIN fans on the whole would be more interested in.

I posted the two H&M shirts on my Instagram page, and there were a lot of folks complaining about that, saying stuff like “they’re going to end up like Nirvana”. Maybe its the saturation of merchandise in general that is bugging people? Maybe it’s gatekeeping? Lots of “legacy” acts use merchandising to keep the band AND brand alive, and to attract new fans. Yes, Nirvana has been doing that for years, but I’d argue not in this way. Joy Division is probably a better example, as there have been collaborations with brands (even Dr Martens). Sure, maybe some of the people buying it don’t even really know who Joy Division is. Maybe they’ll check it out and actually like it. Maybe not. Does it matter? I don’t think it does, and it certainly doesn’t effect my love of the band and the music.

I don’t think NIN is a legacy act yet, as they are still an active band, but there’s nothing wrong with bands using their brand in the ways they see fit. If people don’t buy it, they won’t make it. But I don’t think that’s going to be a problem.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    I can't even look at the Reddit posts, with stuff like "NIN getting crucified on social media". Crucified by who? Teenagers who aren't going to buy them anyway? Gen X fans who just want to complain? I just don't get it. And the people who are saying "just release new music!", to them I say, try being a fan of The Cure. You think Trent and Atticus are on the factory line hand stitching boots? John Crawford is doing the work, Trent is probably just spending a bit of time with ideas and approval. Stuff like this isn't keeping him from making music. Of course, I want new music too. I think the reality is that Trent is probably in a different mindset after the pandemic, he's basically said as much in some of the interviews. He has other priorities, and while it isn't the end of NIN, he doesn’t seem to be in a rush either.

I find it curious that the amount of complaining I've seen about this Dr Marten collab is exponentially more than with the Welcome Skateboard collab. If it were actually feasible, I'd want to approach this like political polling and try to figure out what age group it is that's complaining most. I thought Dr Martens were something that NIN fans on the whole would be more interested in.

I posted the two H&M shirts on my Instagram page, and there were a lot of folks complaining about that, saying stuff like “they’re going to end up like Nirvana”. Maybe its the saturation of merchandise in general that is bugging people? Maybe it’s gatekeeping? Lots of “legacy” acts use merchandising to keep the band AND brand alive, and to attract new fans. Yes, Nirvana has been doing that for years, but I’d argue not in this way. Joy Division is probably a better example, as there have been collaborations with brands (even Dr Martens). Sure, maybe some of the people buying it don’t even really know who Joy Division is. Maybe they’ll check it out and actually like it. Maybe not. Does it matter? I don’t think it does, and it certainly doesn’t effect my love of the band and the music.

I don’t think NIN is a legacy act yet, as they are still an active band, but there’s nothing wrong with bands using their brand in the ways they see fit. If people don’t buy it, they won’t make it. But I don’t think that’s going to be a problem.
    It's definitely annoying and logical fans are trying to bring logic to the table but at the end of the day, you just need to ignore the noise and just enjoy (or not) whatever your favorite band is putting out in terms of merch, music, etc.

I'll say that as soon as NIN does release new music, there will be just as many complaints.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Looks like influencers are getting the black on black pairs sent out with TR-signed copies of TDS on vinyl.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTNar5YNr/
    That girl looks young enough to have been born when Trent announced the Year Zero repress lol

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hippygeek View Post
    Wtf
    I saw your original post. Are we a little butthurt that we couldn’t tease this one like Ghosts?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    That girl looks young enough to have been born when Trent announced the Year Zero repress lol
    She is our Future. We must do as She says.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Got the Corn Starches. $210 for those, $200 for the cover, $160 for the oxfords.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Cornstarch is already sold out in larger sizes. WTF.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    They still have mens 12 in stock but it’s low.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    what a fucking hunk of shit. was there right at 11am and already sold out.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Wow, that was fast. I feel like this will be contiounsly stocked, so I think more will eventually find their way online.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Holy shit. The cornstarches are gone already.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    They still have mens 12 in stock but it’s low.
    They're all gone. This is ridiculous.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Ahhh, got tied up in a work task and was 2 minutes late.

Now I have to go to the goddamn Mall of America after work to see if they have any left, which is my own personal hell.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Good thing everyone hated these things. </sarcasm>

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I had the website up and they went up 2-3 mins early so… that sucks.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I'm really hoping for a re-stock but I am not holding my breath.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I feel like a lot of people bought them to flip them since they are limited. Hope I'm wrong.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeout54321 View Post
    I feel like a lot of people bought them to flip them since they are limited. Hope I'm wrong.
    Some people on Reddit mentioned bots. They went so fast that they either didn't have much in stock, or there were bots. I can't imagine they sold out in two minutes just from people trying to flip. Most sizes were out by 8am PST.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I've also called the two Dr. Martens store in the South Florida area and they aren't stocking them either. Motherf$%^&^&

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I’m gonna flip them into my shoe collection and just stare at them.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeout54321 View Post
    That's probably the case. That happened with an addidas x TMNT collab a few months back.