Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Dr. Martens x NIN Collaboration

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Icing on the cake is the NIN Instagram account posting the link to their stories 30 minutes after all of them sold out.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Icing on the cake is the NIN Instagram account posting the link to their stories 30 minutes after all of them sold out.
    Insult to injury!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    They went up about 5 minutes early. Not on the main page but if you clicked the New Arrivals link they were listed at 10:55am.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Called MoA store and they said they are online only in the US. Saw people in other countries getting them in store. Booooo.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    I've also called the two Dr. Martens store in the South Florida area and they aren't stocking them either. Motherf$%^&^&
    As if anything ever cool happens in our neck of the woods.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    And they're already on ebay

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    They wouldn't sell me just a box.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I got online in time to order, but the cornstarch boots either weren't available in 14 or just had a lower quantity and sold out right away. I had a 13 in my cart but didn't want to risk it being too small, so alas, I came away empty handed.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Called MoA store and they said they are online only in the US. Saw people in other countries getting them in store. Booooo.
    Apparently they're telling people who call in that because they can't hold them since they're LE. Might be worth it to pop in and see just to be sure.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Apparently they're telling people who call in that because they can't hold them since they're LE. Might be worth it to pop in and see just to be sure.
    I cannot vouch for it's accuracy but this was posted in the NIN Discord:

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    It's already showing "Sold out" for me...

EDIT: I can order them form Australia at $399 a/p and get raped by the shipping costs...
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 07-19-2024 at 01:09 PM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Too rich for my blood. I can't wear hard shoes anyway as the RA causes my feet to change shape & size. So, I'm restricted to tennis shoes & flip flops when I can get away with it.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    For anyone that got bricked...someone asked Kraw if there will be a restock. He said he didn't know but they didn't expect to sell out so quickly. Not definitive but it's also not a 'no'...and it seems there is an interested market. Register for that restock notification on the DM site just in case.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    For anyone that got bricked...someone asked Kraw if there will be a restock. He said he didn't know but they didn't expect to sell out so quickly. Not definitive but it's also not a 'no'...and it seems there is an interested market. Register for that restock notification on the DM site just in case.
    Even if they do, I have to imagine it would be months down the road before they sell them again. From manufacturing to distribution, it takes a long time to get things prepared for a release like this.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    So...

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Seeing multiple people getting orders cancelled. Sold out that fast and they still oversold.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Seeing multiple people getting orders cancelled. Sold out that fast and they still oversold.
    Yet Australia still has inventory being sold on their site.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yikes, that really sucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I called around to some US stores and found a store that had limited inventory left. They had my size. Due to the limited nature, no over the phone orders, holds, or shipments. I was able to get a friend in the area to swing by and purchase it for me. The store THEN offered to ship it to me. There are still some sizes out in the wild. Call around.

Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    There's no more of these in the warehouse. What's out in the wild is all that's left.

If you want more, best you can do is tell Doc Martens (be nice!) you want more boots. But the lead time from an idea to inventory is, at minimum, six months.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Yep, scalpers were definitely all over this. In the collector world, whether it's records, action figures or shoes, FOMO is real and preyed upon.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    DM replied to someone on IG saying there will be no restocks on this edition.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    There's no more of these in the warehouse. What's out in the wild is all that's left.

If you want more, best you can do is tell Doc Martens (be nice!) you want more boots. But the lead time from an idea to inventory is, at minimum, six months.
    As useful as this may be, I think the only way they would even consider a 2nd run of these is if the NIN camp were to ask or not really demand, but highly suggest they do so.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Looks like the corn starches arrive tomorrow so the majority of folks who ordered online should be getting theirs over the weekend. Expect many, many pictures.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Looks like the corn starches arrive tomorrow so the majority of folks who ordered online should be getting theirs over the weekend. Expect many, many pictures.
    And more hitting eBay most likely.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Victory is mine! Thanks to a friend in Boston, I was able to pick up the 1460s. Last pair! Whew!

Last edited by spahn; 07-25-2024 at 12:07 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I caved and got some cornstarches and the arrived today. Really great looking in person and the details are really nice. Here’s hoping there is a Fragile anniversary collab in the offing!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    just saw these in a DM store here in Japan, guess NIN ain't that popular here? or maybe it's the price tag, 38k jpy for the black/white boot and 27k for the low ones, didn't think they were that expensive.