Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Martens x NIN Collaboration

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    The only ones worth buying are the only ones you can't buy
    The cornstarch ones gonna have everyone ask me if i got bleach or bird poop on em.
    Go with bird poop.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    Go with bird poop.
    As someone who is horrible at voting with my wallet if these are priced under 199 i'm probably gonna buy the bird poop ones, realize they look stupid as hell in person and go with nothing i own and leave them in my closet until i die.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    As someone who is horrible at voting with my wallet if these are priced under 199 i'm probably gonna buy the bird poop ones, realize they look stupid as hell in person and go with nothing i own and leave them in my closet until i die.
    You are not alone. Plus for me...in recent years, wearing boots has become a bit uncomfortable courtesy of my cankles...LOL.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    I like the boots. Loafers are not my thing, but 2nd and 3rd option from the pic I would wear.
    The AMA was a waste of time though.

Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    The NIN Subreddit is wild, man.

On my Instagram - a decent amount of activity, one of my more popular posts - and almost every single comment is someone posting about how stoked they are.
    On Twitter - hundreds of likes, enthusiastic comments, retweets in English, Spanish, Japanese, and @Nin hotline has a bunch of new followers
    On /r/nin - a hundred people in one thread, all dumping on the boots, how disappointed they are, and downvoting anyone with anything positive to say. To put it succinctly, "Lots of assholes here!"

I appreciate the balance here, but that's probably obvious, given this is a very well established group of folks.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    The NIN Subreddit is wild, man.

On my Instagram - a decent amount of activity, one of my more popular posts - and almost every single comment is someone posting about how stoked they are.
    On Twitter - hundreds of likes, enthusiastic comments, retweets in English, Spanish, Japanese, and @Ninhotline has a bunch of new followers
    On /r/nin - a hundred people in one thread, all dumping on the boots, how disappointed they are, and downvoting anyone with anything positive to say. To put it succinctly, "Lots of assholes here!"
    That's often just Reddit in general. Take the recent DEP reunion with their original singer, Dimitri to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Calculating Infinity. On the DEP facebook group, everyone saw it for what it was and was psyched about it. On the subreddit however, everyone was screaming that Ben is screwing Greg over and bitching about it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    As I mentioned on the subreddit as well, nincatalog Twitter got over 400 likes over a few posts l, which is not normal behavior for the account. We also picked up 25 new followers, which is pretty cool and I'm happy about.

I think, overall, this was a pretty awesome release. Yes, I'm super bias, not hiding that, but if you're into the boots, I think it will be very enjoyable and if you're not, we got more collabs on the way which folks may enjoy or continue bitching about.

Edit, just did a check and we have over 400 likes!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by spahn; 07-15-2024 at 07:41 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I think I would like the white boots more if they had just gone all in and made the artwork cover the whole boot. The black strip on the bottom and the black toe make the design less attractive to me. I assume they were trying to create a different silhouette than the typical Dr. Marten boot, but I think the classic look would have been more effective. I'll probably cave and get cornstarch.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'd be surprised if these sold for less than $300. And resold for less that $2000.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I appreciate the balance here, but that's probably obvious, given this is a very well established group of folks.
    That’s code for we all old as fuuuuuuuuck.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Not for me. But, if this is where we’re at now, then I’m cautiously optimistic there will be a future collaboration that clicks for me. Enjoy!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Yeah, don’t like this either, i was hoping this sort of things was not the future of nin, alas here we are.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I'm coming around on the cornstarch...i've always been a slut for transparent soles. We'll see what the price looks like.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    They really need to rethink those black on black being super exclusive because man, that'd be my preferred pair.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    They really need to rethink those black on black being super exclusive because man, that'd be my preferred pair.
    Agreed. They'd probably have me for 2 pairs, cornstarch and black on black, if they both went on sale.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I totally misunderstood that the all black ones would only be available in the giveaway. I thought that was one of the final options, but that was the only design they were giving out. I would have actually tried had I known.

But I have also tried to understand Discord like 8,000 times and I just do not get it.

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Never like/use boots in the first place, but if i would i would buy the cornstach as most here would. (The "shoes" are a bit plain and the zipper ones are ugly AF)

But today i bought a new pair of Jordans, so it will be next time, would love a "Dr Martens NIN box" to store them, though...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    NIN Hotline X/Twitter, whatever you want to call it, posted this RollingStone Article: Dr. Martens Releases Limited-Edition Nine Inch Nails Shoe Collection (rollingstone.com)

Looks like the boots are starting at a decent $160.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Not for me. But, if this is where we’re at now, then I’m cautiously optimistic there will be a future collaboration that clicks for me. Enjoy!
    I hear NIN is collaborating with Raising Canes chicken fingers next.

“As we celebrate the 30th anniversary of ‘The Downward Spiral,’ it’s been an incredible journey exploring new creative avenues. Partnering with Raising Cane’s on ‘The Hurt-Locker Combo’ has been a uniquely satisfying experience. From the meticulous attention to flavor profiles to the bold presentation, every aspect of this collaboration reflects the same passion and intensity that drives our music. It’s about pushing boundaries and creating something memorable, much like crafting a song. I’m excited for fans to experience this fusion of flavors and music-inspired creativity.”

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

(sure this is off topic but...)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    NIN Hotline X/Twitter, whatever you want to call it, posted this RollingStone Article: Dr. Martens Releases Limited-Edition Nine Inch Nails Shoe Collection (rollingstone.com)

Looks like the boots are starting at a decent $160.
    Given the shoes are the lowest price point of the three normally, that's probably what that price refers to. A regular pair of 1461's are $140, so there doesn't appear to be much of an increase compared to the traditional ones, which is good news.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Cool cool, more merch and no new music.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    Cool cool, more merch and no new music.
    they literally said like three months ago that they were a few weeks away from working on new nin. Soooooooooon

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Not here in ETS...but so much bitching and moaning about boots...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    1490 - aud$399.99
    1460 - aud$379.99
    1461 - aud$299.99

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darkscreamz View Post
    1490 - aud$399.99
    1460 - aud$379.99
    1461 - aud$299.99
    Converting that works out to:

1490 - $267.61 US
    1460 - $254.20 US
    1461 - $200.00 US

BUT...AUS to US conversion doesn't always translate exactly dollar for dollar. If I were to guess US might be $179 / 229 / 249
    Last edited by cdm; 07-18-2024 at 06:22 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Looks like influencers are getting the black on black pairs sent out with TR-signed copies of TDS on vinyl.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTNar5YNr/

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    That makes so much more sense. I have been so puzzled as to how it would be worth the cost to only produce 10-ish pairs.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Looks like influencers are getting the black on black pairs sent out with TR-signed copies of TDS on vinyl.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTNar5YNr/
    To be fair, she's actually a musician herself. 12 year old metal vocalist.

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    At those potential USD prices, that’s gonna be an easy pass.