Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Martens x NIN Collaboration

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Dr. Martens x NIN Collaboration

I am sure all of you here are aware by now but just in case you weren't and wanted another place to discuss.

Dr. Martens x Nine Inch Nails (drmartens.com)

Some snippets of the actual boot on The NIN Hotline X account:

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Reddit AMA and Giveaway:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Discord also has a giveaway although not sure if you enter in both you get two entries or if it's the same contest

https://discord.com/channels/9682547...71624866430977

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'm sure that these boots/shoes will look awesome but unfortunately the quality of DM has tanked significantly over the years. Started wearing them in the mid 90's. They used to last for years with proper care and maintenance. Now you're lucky to make it a year before they're no longer wearable. I would love to buy these but I just can't buy something like this to sit unworn and I've given DM too much money over the years for poor quality products. Pro tip for anyone looking for quality boots and shoes look no further than Solovair!

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    Discord also has a giveaway although not sure if you enter in both you get two entries or if it's the same contest

It appears there are five pair for the Reddit AMA, and five for Discord

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    The questions posted on Reddit are sure something.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeout54321 View Post
    I'm sure that these boots/shoes will look awesome but unfortunately the quality of DM has tanked significantly over the years. Started wearing them in the mid 90's. They used to last for years with proper care and maintenance. Now you're lucky to make it a year before they're no longer wearable. I would love to buy these but I just can't buy something like this to sit unworn and I've given DM too much money over the years for poor quality products. Pro tip for anyone looking for quality boots and shoes look no further than Solovair!
    I still have my DMs from the 90s. A pair of steel toes which I usually wear to concerts and a pair of 18 hole, which I haven't worn in some time but still got pretty good use of them back in the day.
    A few years ago I purchased a pair of 5.11 boots and those have been pretty good to me thus far.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    The post was framed as questions about the collab, which kind of limits the topic, and it seems like there's only so many questions about it you can ask. It is an "Ask Me Anything" though, so I'm not going to let that stop me from asking about other topics and hope for the best.

With regards to the collab itself, the teaser images look cool, and it might be something I'd wear. I'm definitely curious to see what the rest of the collection looks like. I'm guessing there will be something with album artwork, but I'm just basing that off of the Joy Division and New Order collab from a few years ago that featured Power Corruption and Lies artwork, so that seems like a possibility.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I'm sure hoping the boots stay under the $200-$250 price point.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Take some time and go upvote the good questions. It will help move them to the top and bury the bad ones.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    My question was if they have them in my size, which they still haven't answered. My feet are big but they're also wide so boots can be pretty uncomfortable. Hopefully these doctors and Trent reznor can make them fit for me.

Edit: Yes.
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 07-09-2024 at 03:08 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Sweet, I'm actually pretty excited about this. I'm not usually a big fan of cross-over collaborations, but I like both Doc's and NIN, and they seem like a natural fit.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Unlike most, I've never actually owned a pair of Dr Martens, I had steel toe army jump boots back in the day. Anyway, I've been reading a lot on sizing, so I ordered a few pairs from Zappos to figure out my size before the collab goes live. Zappos has free returns, so if you're unsure of what size you'll need, this might be the best way to do it.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    According to NIN's IG story July 19 release date.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Is this something where it will be for sale at a specific time like a poster drop? Need to make sure I don't need to reschedule a meeting or my lunch on Friday!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    A bit underwhelming for me. The cornstarch ones are the only pair I'd probably wear.

Reading the Hypebeast article (https://hypebeast.com/2024/7/dr-mart...ear-collection), which has lots of pictures of the boots, it appears the all black embossed boots are limited to the fan giveaway, though hopefully that will be clarified soon. Since they aren't pictured here with the rest of them, so that seems to be a sign they're not going to be for sale.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I don’t see the appeal of these at all. Bummed out the 30th anniversary of TDS has been nothing but merch collabs and an instagram post.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    A bit underwhelming for me. The cornstarch ones are the only pair I'd probably wear.
    I agree but these aren't exactly my aesthetic these days so given the expected price of $190+ I'll gladly pass.

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    When I got a peek at these, I knew that there would be a divide. I'm surprised the all-black ones are exclusive, especially given those were the initial promotional images. Of the commercially available ones, I'd go for the cornstarch set, personally.

I'm seeing pretty good responses on social media though.

And it's okay if you don't like them. No sense in dogpiling - in either direction!

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I may try and get the shoes if they aren’t too expensive. We’ll see.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    When I got a peek at these, I knew that there would be a divide. I'm surprised the all-black ones are exclusive, especially given those were the initial promotional images. Of the commercially available ones, I'd go for the cornstarch set, personally.

I'm seeing pretty good responses on social media though.

And it's okay if you don't like them. No sense in dogpiling - in either direction!
    I agree. Just because they're not my thing doesn't mean the collaboration in general isn't an interesting thing. To see NIN partner with an iconic brand like Dr. Martens is cool in an of itself, regardless of whether I'm going to buy it. It's nice to see NIN be able to have a wider appeal.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Cornstarch if I get them. These are dropping on my birthday so it feels like I should grab one of them.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Definitely grabbing the cornstarch ones.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Cornstarch here for me as well. Although I would like a pair of those white ones as well, since the all blacks are not attainable, unfortunately.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Not feeling the low-tops

Diggin' the cornstarch one

The zipper in middle weirdly laced sides one is a bit goofy...remind me of Moon Boots

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Not interested in the boots, but man do I want those boxes!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Despite my previous post about quality issues I may grab the shoes. For me they look the best. The only thing that's kind of bugging me is the material change on the toes. Kind of wish it was the same finish as the rest of the shoe.

Oh also totally agree on the boxes!

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhulud View Post
    The zipper in middle weirdly laced sides one is a bit goofy...remind me of Moon Boots
    I didn't like the white ones at first, but the detail shots give them a kind of sci fi vibe that I'm actually kind of digging. Still wouldn't be my first choice, but if I went with it, it would be my boldest choice.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    The only ones worth buying are the only ones you can't buy
    The cornstarch ones gonna have everyone ask me if i got bleach or bird poop on em.