0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Tron Ares OST by Nine Inch Nails

nice marketing choice to tag it as nin not tr&ar lol

the line begins to blur

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I literally squealed when I got the Twitter notification. The fact that they're doing this as NIN is super interesting. I'm curious as to what that's going to mean. Trent and Atticus have 2 Oscars; they don't need the NIN moniker to get the attention they've rightfully earned under their actual names.

I suspect this means we're in for something much bigger.

Either way, I'm a big Tron fan (I even have the pinball machine) - so I'm all in!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/C-efL...RsMmRkMzN4aw==

“you’re going to get what you deserve”

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Could it be that it's a marketing tactic too? A Tron movie scored by Nine Inch Nails just reads like a great headline. Will be interesting to hear what Trent has to say about it. Could be a way to get more established electronic artists to be involved with more Tron related content. Going from Wendy Carlos to Daft Punk to Nine Inch Nails just even sounds cool saying it out loud, haha.

Trent is really gonna make me see a Jared Leto movie opening weekend huh? Either way, I'm excited for 2025! Perhaps a new album could go along with it?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Been sitting on this for a few days now. I have a family member who was on the filming crew lol. Fun trivia, the bridge used from Legacy (and Ares too) is a 45 sec walk from my in-laws’ place. Watched them film some chase scenes from their balcony haha. Should be interesting!

Looks like they were there tonight, too.

https://x.com/dailydoseoftron/status...29R-npQKXgiX_w

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    When I saw this in my news feed, I thought it was one of those shitty fan-wank things, until I noticed it was posted by the official account. So, do they have to get some kind of techno costume now to appear in the film?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulgaren View Post
    nice marketing choice to tag it as nin not tr&ar lol

the line begins to blur
    I’ve been wondering for over a decade what a score by NIN (and not TR/AR) would sound like, and now I get to find out! Though I feel like Watchmen went a long way in that direction.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Could it be that it's a marketing tactic too? A Tron movie scored by Nine Inch Nails just reads like a great headline. Will be interesting to hear what Trent has to say about it. Could be a way to get more established electronic artists to be involved with more Tron related content. Going from Wendy Carlos to Daft Punk to Nine Inch Nails just even sounds cool saying it out loud, haha.

Trent is really gonna make me see a Jared Leto movie opening weekend huh? Either way, I'm excited for 2025! Perhaps a new album could go along with it?
    i’m a bit afraid that’s what it is, goes along with all the recent nin brand merch. i don’t think a nin score would be much different, given that scores have become a nin albums in the past (ghosts v-vi).
    unless they do full fledged nin songs for this one for some action sequences - that’s possible and would be very exciting

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    ��������������

My life will be complete if I get to see NIN in the sphere

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    There's a leaked trailer out there, and it features like a Tron-version of Something I Can Never Like Have. Movie itself looks whatever, but I'm all in for the score.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Nine Inch Nails as a mic drop reveal at a Disney convention is something out of a meathead report. We truly live in a post satire world.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    This is the best news ever. Tron is an all time favorite of mine! This just made my year!

Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    There's a leaked trailer out there, and it features like a Tron-version of Something I Can Never Like Have.
    It's not just me that hears that then! I can't help but look at patterns, but with the Head Like a Hole reference in the NIN social media posts, that's two nods to Pretty Hate Machine in rapid succession.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    There's a leaked trailer out there, and it features like a Tron-version of Something I Can Never Like Have. Movie itself looks whatever, but I'm all in for the score.
    NIN + Tron + SICNH + Gillian Anderson = holy fuckballies!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    What are the odds this soundtrack is just reinterpretations of old songs?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    with the trailer i’d say likely, with maybe some new ones thrown in

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Yay! I doubt opting to use nin rather than TR&AR is very significant - the nin logo looks cool in neon, I think that's about it.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Still 2.0 done.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Trent & Atticus are a really good choice, but I was kinda hoping for someone a little more unexpected like Health or John Carpenter.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Take a shot every time someone says they’d prefer Daft Punk.
    I wasn’t that thrilled about a third Tron film after the meh Tron Legacy (sorry, Michael Sheen was the best part of the movie) and the Jared Leto inclusion isn’t making me super stoked for this… but maybe there’s something I’m missing with this one.
    Hopefully won’t just be an ‘80s nostalgia fest either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Very likely. The only ways I could otherwise imagine them crediting the score to NIN are if the other NIN HoF inductees contribute to it or if they're planning to release a remix album of the score with vocals.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    I’ve been wondering for over a decade what a score by NIN (and not TR/AR) would sound like, and now I get to find out! Though I feel like Watchmen went a long way in that direction.
    The TMNT score was very NIN as well.
    Last edited by stankeybearlover; 08-10-2024 at 04:38 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulgaren View Post
    with the trailer i’d say likely, with maybe some new ones thrown in

ok let's dream this up a little, a double album! cd1: new songs with vocals, cd2: still 2.0, re-imagined classics + instrumentals from cd1

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Yay! I doubt opting to use nin rather than TR&AR is very significant - the nin logo looks cool in neon, I think that's about it.
    Well significant I don't know, but that's a shift, and not an innocent one. Of course, it might just be a marketing strategy, "first Daft Punk, then Nine Inch Nails", and it's probably just this.
    Although if this is it, how convincing is it outside of our not-so-little community of fans ? At this point in time, what's the demographics for NIN fans vs TR/AR enthusiasts when it comes to film scores ?

There's an overlap between both identities, and the fact that everyone agreed on shifting the Venn diagram towards NIN isn't just about the logo, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'll be very happy to be wrong, my cynicism knows no bounds! They've talked before - I think when doing Watchmen? - about using more from the nin-toolbox for certain scores, so maybe it's also a nod to that. Tbh I'd be a bit disappointed if it was new versions of old tracks, as some have suggested. I'd take a suite of original music any day.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I got excited when I saw it this morning, specially because at first I thought we were going to get new music in two months, but then I did a double take and it is October 2025. Speaking of Tron, do you guys recommend the Daft Punk soundtrack?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There is a revolver article from april of this year saying hes excited about starting on the next NIN record. So maybe this is leading up to that, Wby would they all of the sudden Do a sound track as Straight up Nine inch nails when its always been Trent Reznor/Atticus Ross when it comes to the scores. But this also means a new album is even further away, heres hoping we get some new NIN songs on the soundtrack

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    What I'm wondering is how much of the Ares score will have any orchestral moments like Legacy did. Those moments I found to be pretty forgettable in the Daft Punk score, and truthfully ... for a big of a Daft Punk fan as I am, I never really go back to it as much. It definitely feels like this will be brand new music from Trent and that we'll have a sizable amount of instrumental music and maybe one to two actual "songs" for the movie with lyrics.

My hope is that this is alongside a new record too. Maybe the Tron score is it's own thing and we also get an actual album too? More than likely not as I'm sure they want to keep the focus on the headline that NIN is doing a movie score.

That said, I know we don't even know the details of the Ares score ... but if this gives a chance to have another official Nine Inch Nails remix album like Daft Punk did for Tron: Legacy Reconfigured, I would love that. I miss remix albums.

Quote Originally Posted by stankeybearlover View Post
    The TMNT score was very NIN as well.
    Very much this. There are some really wild and weird moments on that TMNT score.
    Last edited by thefragile_jake; 08-10-2024 at 09:23 AM.