Page 180 of 182 FirstFirst ... 80 130 170 178 179 180 181 182 LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,400 of 5450

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    I'm legitimately proud of every friend of mine that is prolific and artistic and putting themselves out there like that. I am not so great at it myself, but I just shelved this miserable "concept" album I was working on and I'm just making glitchy electronic music, and it feels like something I'd actually like to present to people without feeling like I'm forced to.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I was talking to a neighbor of mine who sometimes ask me for tv shows recommendations. I gave her a list of everything that came to mind, including Chernobyl. She said she had been wanting to watch Chernobyl for a long time because she'd heard it was really good. I said it is excellent but also very depressing. And just like that, out of almost nowhere, she asked me: "But why did it explode?"

Oh boy. My mind went spinning. I kind of remember what they explained in the show. I kind of understand it when I'm watching it; it has to do with graphite and xenon and steam and void and water cooling stuff... Then I got stuck on "steam" and I had a sort of epiphany. I said "Well, it was like a gigantic radioactive pressure cooker that had too much steam and could not evacuated it and it exploded". She understood that perfectly.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it: Chernobyl was a gigantic radioactive pressure cooker with too much steam so it exploded. It makes PERFECT sense. Also: the Soviets were especially evil during that event. That part really pisses me off.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    After delays and backorders over for over two years, my new computer is finally done. I feel like such a fucking geek.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm in the Chicago area but I'm hosting and producing in NYC this week for the Black Women in Comedy Laff Fest. YERP.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    My mom was being scammed: advanced variation of Nigerian Prince thing.

I got on the messaging thread and said I was 13, and that mommy was in the wal mart, getting my meds, and I didn't want her to go to jail.
    They mentioned the FBI, and that the FBI was coming for "mommy."

I said "But my UNCLE is Special Agent Dale Cooper!"

The scammer said "YES, and he'll be arresting your mother, if you don't click the link to send $400."

NOT Uncle D.B. COOPER!", I said. Wait. Is this a BLUE ROSE case? What did mommy do?
    Can you PLEASE just get in touch with Director Gordon Cole?!

Scammer said "I hate to tell you this, but it IS a Blue Rose case. I'll put you on with Special Agent Tommy."

"Special Agent Tommy" said he'd spoken to Director Cole, and if the $400 wasn't sent in five minutes, Agent Cooper would be arresting my mom.

This was SO fucking hilarious. It went on for a LONG time, too..like, there's WAY more to it, including a LOT of Twin Peaks lore, alongside them telling me that our dear family friend, the fucking SHERIFF, was working for a crime ring and would kill us if we talked to him.

I have LOTS of screenshots.

Sad thing is, my mom lost about $500, trying to get money to pay for my health bullshit.

BUT, the Twin Peaks thing we did was HILARIOUS.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    A friend gave me a Blue Sky invite which has been nice thus far.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    This will mark the first time I have said this publically.....I AM GOING TO BE A FATHER!! We are currently 12 weeks in and we find out the sex of the baby tomorrow and I CANNOT wait. I've never been this excited/terrified before in my life and I really needed to share this bit of news with someone. My direct family knows about the baby, but my friends do not know yet. My girl and I plan on breaking the news tomorrow after we find out if it's a boy or a girl.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    @NotoriousTIMP CONGRATS!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    This will mark the first time I have said this publically.....I AM GOING TO BE A FATHER!! We are currently 12 weeks in and we find out the sex of the baby tomorrow and I CANNOT wait. I've never been this excited/terrified before in my life and I really needed to share this bit of news with someone. My direct family knows about the baby, but my friends do not know yet. My girl and I plan on breaking the news tomorrow after we find out if it's a boy or a girl.

We’re having a girl!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I bought a steamer for my clothes and my mind is absolutely blown. My life can officially be separated into 2 halves, BS and AS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Congratulations!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Can I take a moment to brag about my best friend? He isn't on here, but he's the person who got me into NIN decades ago. He and his wife have three kids, and a year ago they put an addition on their house so they could have enough room for two of his wife's nephews to move in as foster kids (sadly their own parents abandoned them years ago). Today they officially finalized the adoption of the two kids. Makes me proud to be his friend.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    this mixtape of mine cheers me up....

if you have that urge for a mid-90s alt. club scene... sorta... kinda....

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I found out that there's a very detailed Sgt. Slaughter figure and it comes with a miniature one and for some reason that makes me laugh.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    My Ableton Push 3 is showing up tomorrow afternoon, and I have all day open to mess with it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    This will make you laugh:

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Made a list of the retro G.I. Joe stuff I want.'83-'91 but mainly '84-'89 seems to be my sweet spot.
    51 items. 15 vehicles, 34 figures and 2 of those small sets.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Made a list of the retro G.I. Joe stuff I want.'83-'91 but mainly '84-'89 seems to be my sweet spot.
    51 items. 15 vehicles, 34 figures and 2 of those small sets.
    I still have done of my toss from back then, mostly early/mid 80’s stuff. Fortunately my moms held onto most of that stuff when I flew the coup. I still have some G.I. Joe figures as well as He-man, transformers, go-bots and other random bits. Personally I’m most stoked I still have my Rambo action figure. Good luck on your hunting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have officially started college. Operation 31-year-old College Freshman is a go.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    I'm making happy aggressive dance music that makes me wish I was still young enough to take some drugs and dance around the room. Fuck yeah.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    @leftshoe18 Good luck!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm making happy aggressive dance music that makes me wish I was still young enough to take some drugs and dance around the room. Fuck yeah.
    I'm happy to confirm that you're never too old to do this.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Mac and cheese.

But this leads to story time.

There I was watching that Gal Gadot episode of Hot Ones and there was a quick comment about her being a co-founder of a mac and cheese company.
    This led me to finding Goodles.
    And knowing my beloved partner has been looking for a good mac and cheese for like a solid 15 years ever since Kraft changed the way they did theirs, I made a point to show her.
    Her first reaction was "It's the right colour!" when watching a preparation video.
    So, we took a chance since they ship to Canada... and on Tuesday our order arrived (the Variety Pack, 12boxes, 4 flavours).
    Last night we did the Cheddy Mac (with a pan fried smokey that was cut up into coins [that was then added to the mac and cheese when ready to be served], added a fresh kaiser bun with butter and some rippled sour cream and onion chips to round out the meal).

It was worth it the experiment!

A good flavour and some nice noodles.

It was worth taking the time order online and wait for the shipping (left on the 11th, got here on the 22nd... not too bad really) and the price is still within reason for a premium mac and cheese brand that you can otherwise get.

But yeah, looking forward to trying the other flavours and I can see us picking up more pretty easily. No special instructions (and follow the suggestion of adding butter... it really makes it better I think).

(edit: copy pasta'd this post to one of my tumblrs and added pics.... https://nscafe-firehose.tumblr.com/p...that-gal-gadot)
    Last edited by MrLobster; 08-24-2023 at 05:24 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Recently I picked up some more Naef spinning tops and because I'm silly like that, I took some video...

I still need to take more video and make a compilation of the third style of top but this will do for now...
    Last edited by MrLobster; 08-26-2023 at 11:47 AM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Moving to the country gonna eat alot of peaches!!!!
    Finally some sanctuary. Only took 10 plus years.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ldopa View Post
    Moving to the country gonna eat alot of peaches!!!!
    Finally some sanctuary. Only took 10 plus years.
    Coming from the big city, it will take you a few years to get used to it.

But I think it's worth it, for DAMN sure. I live in one of the most remote places in the US: it LITERALLY used to be labeled "No Man's Land" on maps.

But we have local beef, local hand made tortillas made from locally grown corn and wheat, local friendliness... it's cool.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)