Page 83 of 182 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,490 of 5457

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    When you log into ETS and realize @Sarah K now has your freshman yearbook picture as her avatar.

Sweet baby jesus

I can't believe that it took you so long to notice!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    I got my money back!!! The bank put a deposit into my account for the money that was stolen. Now I have to call them and find out if they caught the guy.
    $50. I uhh.....know a guy.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Memo to self: never, ever post picture of self here.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I'm sure that I've mentioned this before, but peace and quiet combined with organized rooms. Both things seem to put both my mind and my heart at ease. It's like that similar feeling I receive as a result from being punctual and efficient, as they also lead to punctuality and efficiency in their own ways. I also suppose that I enjoy having things fall into place.

Oh yes, and just focusing on the things that I like and the things that simply interest me. It usually seems to work, as it also takes a load off my mind most of the time anyway.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 03-03-2015 at 10:30 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Opening up my bag to find girl scout cookies I bought the other night at the bar. (Off the bartender who knows how to peddle cookies it seems, but forgot about till today) Combined with extra hummus, steak skewers, and lavash from work.

TLDR: Tasty Eats, mostly free!

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Seeing all the snow, sleet and ice melting on the sidewalks and roads as it all clears up back to normal.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    The random comments/lyric changes Trent makes during shows...

"And all you fucking pigs... can suck my dick... and everything is allll riiiiiight..."
    "You all are the lamest bunch of fucks we've ever seen in our fucking lives!" Later in the same song... "We're playing for a bunch of fucking fuckhead photographers... if anybody gives a fuck, I don't know, 'cause if not, we still get paid. I don't give a fucking shit about you, your fucking city, this fucking place, or anything else."
    "Spit on me again and I'll rip your fucking cunt off!"
    "Whoever threw that, fuck you, okay?"
    "We're gonna play a version called 'The Broken Guitar Remix'. Alright, just keep playing until my fucking guitar starts to work. Could be a couple seconds, could be a couple hours... looks like it's gonna be a couple hours."
    "Nothing can stop me now, 'cuz I just don't... give a fuck..."
    "Something's gonna get broken!"
    "Somebody's supposed to push a button that turns the lights on. As soon as we find that guy and put his finger on the button, we'll continue the show."

And my personal favorite...

"Trent, since you laughed at bras for big fuckin' titties, here's some huge granny underpants. Sexy and practical... it's good to be me."

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    There are so many kind, thoughtful, amazing people in my life. These last few months has just seen my world shift. I am so thankful for all of my friends. Truly. I'm having the time of my life right now, and a lot of that is just being lucky enough to surround myself with great fucking people.

Tell your friends you love them.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    There are so many kind, thoughtful, amazing people in my life. These last few months has just seen my world shift. I am so thankful for all of my friends. Truly. I'm having the time of my life right now, and a lot of that is just being lucky enough to surround myself with great fucking people.

One of my best friends and I actually just had a conversation very similar to this the other night, and we both said how thankful we are to have each other in our lives.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Too good not to post in full HD, though this may be more appropriate in the narcissism thread.
    Dude, you sexy mother fucker. Seriously, just look at this bastard right here being all sexy and shit.

I said look at him, dammit!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Prowler View Post
    Dude, you sexy mother fucker. Seriously, just look at this bastard right here being all sexy and shit.

I said look at him, dammit!
    My part isn't even centered.

UGH

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    The random comments/lyric changes Trent makes during shows...

"And all you fucking pigs... can suck my dick... and everything is allll riiiiiight..."
    "You all are the lamest bunch of fucks we've ever seen in our fucking lives!" Later in the same song... "We're playing for a bunch of fucking fuckhead photographers... if anybody gives a fuck, I don't know, 'cause if not, we still get paid. I don't give a fucking shit about you, your fucking city, this fucking place, or anything else."
    "Spit on me again and I'll rip your fucking cunt off!"
    "Whoever threw that, fuck you, okay?"
    "We're gonna play a version called 'The Broken Guitar Remix'. Alright, just keep playing until my fucking guitar starts to work. Could be a couple seconds, could be a couple hours... looks like it's gonna be a couple hours."
    "Nothing can stop me now, 'cuz I just don't... give a fuck..."
    "Something's gonna get broken!"
    "Somebody's supposed to push a button that turns the lights on. As soon as we find that guy and put his finger on the button, we'll continue the show."

And my personal favorite...

"Trent, since you laughed at bras for big fuckin' titties, here's some huge granny underpants. Sexy and practical... it's good to be me."
    These are hilarious, do you know where the second one is from, I'm presuming it's a festival (possibly in Europe or maybe supporting GNR!)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    These are hilarious, do you know where the second one is from, I'm presuming it's a festival (possibly in Europe or maybe supporting GNR!)
    It's from October 21, 95 at Mountain View, CA on the tour he did with David Bowie. It happened during March Of The Pigs, and you can listen to the whole song on Reflecting in the Chrome.
    Trent going off the rails is always entertaining.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    It's from October 21, 95 at Mountain View, CA on the tour he did with David Bowie. It happened during March Of The Pigs, and you can listen to the whole song on Reflecting in the Chrome.
    Trent going off the rails is always entertaining.
    I take it there was a swathe of older Bowie fans there then? Ha ha, I'm quite glad that it wasn't just Bowie being dissed on that tour, it always makes me a bit embarrassed thinking of all these teenage NIN fans disrespecting Bowie like that

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I take it there was a swathe of older Bowie fans there then? Ha ha, I'm quite glad that it wasn't just Bowie being dissed on that tour, it always makes me a bit embarrassed thinking of all these teenage NIN fans disrespecting Bowie like that
    I honestly don't know what the hell the deal was. The crowd sounded like they were into it and then some, but I'm guessing that there was a bunch of full sections reserved for press and whatnot who are there to watch and review rather than enjoy. Trent was pissed about the "fucking fuckhead photographers", so I'm assuming that's what the issue was. Regardless, it's still a fun rant to listen to

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

I came hear to say a dumbed down version of this.
    An old friend and co-worker showed up Sunday morning, with her boyfriend, same situation and I was really good to see them. Both such legitimately good people, last night (yesterday as well I guess) a bro called me up and we chatted for a couple hours. Than today another bro called, I missed it at work, only to have him pop up in my window out of the blue at work. He's in town training fir his job. We hung out tonight after work for a while. That and my ex and I are going to a show in the 23rd (we were/are good friends before we dated) as well as a few other old school peeps.

Just so much "love" coming at me it's odd. I guess it's why I do my biannual emo outbursts, here and Facebook. I pretty much live in hole and forget that I know many good people, that mean a lot to me. That keep me alive in some way, and I don't think about my place in their lives that I forget to say something in return.

As above, "Tell your friends you love them."
    Last edited by Pillfred; 03-10-2015 at 01:27 AM. Reason: I'm a bit tipsy.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    @Sarah K is now using my facebook profile pic as her avatar here. Now every time I see a post of hers I get confused because I never remember saying what she posts.

This cheers me up, I like her cuntyness.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I lost 5 pounds over the last few days by doing nothing but changing my diet.

It's weird. I mean, I had lost a few before and put them back on but then after finding out my cholesterol went up a lot I immediately started eating better the night of my doctor's appointment. That was Thursday. Between then and now I have lost 5 pounds. It's great, I'm just kind of surprised.
    Last edited by theruiner; 03-10-2015 at 08:51 AM.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Sorry for the double post.

So, my birthday is tomorrow but my supervisor is off on Fridays so she went ahead and decorated my desk today. I came in to find my desk covered in Back to the Future pictures and a BTTF themed card that says "I'm Your Density" on the front signed by my whole team (seriously, these people know me WAY too well). And also a gift card for Subway.

I seriously have the best coworkers and supervisor ever.
    Last edited by theruiner; 03-12-2015 at 09:03 AM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I saw Alabama Shakes last night. That was probably my favorite non-NIN concert that I've ever attended.

Brittany Howard is just fucking unbelievable. They played a lot of stuff off of the new album that hadn't been heard yet, and it was great. Often times, when acts play unreleased songs, the energy in the room can drop, but that didn't happen last night. One of the new songs(along with a few of the old ones) made me tear up. The passion and feeling she is able to perform with is just incredible.

Glad I just started saying FUCK IT and got comfortable with going to concerts on my own. There are so many great opportunities in NYC at so many great venues.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    ^^I long ago made peace with going to concerts by myself. Of course company is always preferred but if I can't find someone else to go with me I'd rather go alone than miss the show. Two of the four times I saw NIN was by myself and I had a blast every time.
    Last edited by theruiner; 03-15-2015 at 12:03 AM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    That's when it started. I took my sister to Lollapalooza for her 21st birthday/for me to see NIN in 2013. I then bought tickets for me and a friend a couple of months later to see them in KC. Friend bailed out, and I got stuck with an extra ticket. So I ended up going alone. Then, while moving out here, I was going to be in Cleveland the same night as them, so I went to that show. During the summer, I went to shows in NJ and Long Island alone. I knew I'd rather go see NIN alone than miss out on any of the shows. And since then, it's just been a habit of mine. I don't even give a shit anymore! Also, I end up getting WAY better tickets for shit when I'm just purchasing one instead of 2+!

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    The last few shows I've gone to I did so alone--M83, How To Destroy Angels, NIN, Slowdive and The Birthday Massacre. If I hadn't had the courage (anxiety) and went by myself, I would've missed four great shows.
    Now is it as fun as going with someone? No. I'm hoping those days are behind me now.
    Last edited by Swykk; 03-19-2015 at 07:39 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I think the first time I went alone was the Black Crowes circa 1996. Also did that for John Mellencamp and John Fogerty around the same time — the venue is 20 minutes from home so it was no big deal.

Traveling two hours away to see NIN by myself (four times) was a big deal, but I don't know any NIN fans here.

My little thing for today … an oil change and properly inflated tires. Not only did I survive the Winter From Hell, but now I know my car did too.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    The last few shows I've gone to I did so alone--M83, How To Destroy Angels, NIN and The Birthday Massacre. If I hadn't had the courage (anxiety) and went by myself, I would've missed four great shows.
    Now is it as fun as going with someone? No. I'm hoping those days are behind me now.
    Going to shows solo is seriously the best thing EVER and I try to do that whenever I can, I've met some of my best friends going to shows by myself.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I saw Alabama Shakes last night. That was probably my favorite non-NIN concert that I've ever attended.

Brittany Howard is just fucking unbelievable. They played a lot of stuff off of the new album that hadn't been heard yet, and it was great. Often times, when acts play unreleased songs, the energy in the room can drop, but that didn't happen last night. One of the new songs(along with a few of the old ones) made me tear up. The passion and feeling she is able to perform with is just incredible.

Glad I just started saying FUCK IT and got comfortable with going to concerts on my own. There are so many great opportunities in NYC at so many great venues.
    I saw How to Destroy Angels alone as well as the last time I saw NIN last year, and I had the time of my life both times. Those are the only two "real" concerts I've been to alone (I'm not counting local Rock shows with local bands).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    just applied for a job at Allstate (my best friend works there) because work with my dad is still so spotty all the time (i just got a paycheck TODAY that caught me up to being paid through february 15th).

i'm excited because entry-level positions there start at $40,000/year (which is more than i've ever made in a year) plus benefits, and the ability to work from home one day a week. and, though i'd be doing something completely different, i would still be helping people, and Allstate seems like a pretty decent company (especially for an insurance company).

i'm also super nervous because i've been working with/for my dad full-time for 10 years, and i have no idea what the hell he's going to do without me. but i have to think about my life, my wife, and the family we want to have, and i need more job security than my dad will ever be able to offer me.

keep your fingers crossed for me!

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Too good not to post in full HD, though this may be more appropriate in the narcissism thread.

loooooooooooooooooooooooooool.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    My friend has an "audition" for a salon tonight, and she is using me for a hair model. Hello, someone doing my hair for free.

Mentioned
    743 Post(s)
    i finally got the last piece of my little home recording station,
    a yamaha qy70 sequencer.
    they don't make them anymore, and the guy who owned the one i bought must have been seriously ocd. not only did it come with the original box, but also the original cords, the manuals looking like they had never been opened, even the original fucking packing materials, like a little sleeve of bubble wrap...that type of thing.

This thing is in PERFECT fucking condition.

I love QY's. They are self contained sequencers that are as powerful as many big keyboards, but it's hand held.
    I had a qy22 for years and years but it was stolen.
    The 70 is a nice step up.