Page 27 of 101 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast

Thread: Deftones

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Someone give me some good ideas for a Deftones/ Chino + other projects type playlist, I'm going on holiday in a couple weeks and just trying to get some playlists in order. I'm dreadful at sequencing these sorts of things! Ta!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    holy shit Jerry Cantrell is gonna be on the new Deftones record!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneSax View Post
    holy shit Jerry Cantrell is gonna be on the new Deftones record!
    Let's hope he doesn't pack his nickelback influence like on the last Chains album

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by profane View Post
    Let's hope he doesn't pack his nickelback influence like on the last Chains album
    I have enjoyed both albums post Layne, Cantrell is still a monster on stage too

class is permanent!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by profane View Post
    lol what..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Awesome recording on that Vegas show. That venue is going to be fun

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    am i nuts or does chino sound really bad live (this vid is just one example)? Their last two albums have been amazing, but live he's just seems way, way out of tune.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by center27j View Post
    am i nuts or does chino sound really bad live (this vid is just one example)? Their last two albums have been amazing, but live he's just seems way, way out of tune.
    He usually doesn't sound this bad. If I'm not mistaken this was one of the first shows they've done in several months and I guess they haven't really rehearsed much. Also the mixing in this video is just really bad in general. He sounded good when I saw them live last year.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I think he sounded pretty good. He sounded like Chino live, at least it aint drunk Chino.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    I saw them at a festival (main stage, large fucking place) two years ago and I thought their live sound sucked hard... at first. 3 or 4 songs down I moved to a completely different spot - to the center right in front of sound/mixing booth and it became 10x better in an instant. I imagine they'd sound even better in a small indoors venue.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I saw them at a festival (main stage, large fucking place) two years ago and I thought their live sound sucked hard... at first. 3 or 4 songs down I moved to a completely different spot - to the center right in front of sound/mixing booth and it became 10x better in an instant. I imagine they'd sound even better in a small indoors venue.
    live shows are always going to sound better when you get closer to the sound booth. that's why it's positioned where it is. (not being snooty, just being honest!)
    i ALWAYS try to be as close to the booth as possible if i have to stand at a show.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by center27j View Post
    Live videos on YouTube always make you sound bad. I swear to god I've stopped counting the number of times I watched a few videos prior to attending a show. It always gets me worried. Then the show starts and everything sounds good.
    This is especially true with singers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    While I don't necessarily think they are at their best on that video I have seen them live 4 times in a festival, medium size venue and small venue settings and they have been pretty good all four times.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Not sure where else to post so here we go, didn't realize teamsleep had a crowdfunding going on!

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/...848#exclusives

there is an october 17/18 date on the CD cover picture, hopefully this is accurate.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    Not sure where else to post so here we go, didn't realize teamsleep had a crowdfunding going on!

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/...848#exclusives

there is an october 17/18 date on the CD cover picture, hopefully this is accurate.
    I actually noticed this the other day when i was trying to buy a Team Sleep shirt. I have had the shirt go wrong three times some how haha. One time it was sent as the wrong style, and somehow twice i accidently ordered children sizes. I found the only way to get one i liked was by funding the new album. Haha, hope this saga finally comes to a close.

Still doesnt quite feel right without zach hill.

*edit* the funding site seems to indicate that Hill is still attached... Very confusing.
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 05-21-2015 at 01:44 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Isn't that just a stock image from when they were offering the live-in-studio package last October?

I'm pretty sure that's not the album cover
    There's also a square with "Team Sleep" written in it. I highly doubt Deftones would put the name of another Chino project on the cover of their album. Also: that would be a boring cover.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    well, in any case, if they have this pledge thing going on, it surely means the CD will be out sooner than later. Probably after the new Deftones tho.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The Team Sleep pledge thing has kind of been a disaster in terms of its ambivalence regarding the actual product, as they haven't been clear enough with what they are actually planning on releasing. Those Oct. 17/18 dates on the "album" cover were the dates of their Woodstock sessions thing last year, in which they basically did a live show in a recording studio. The recordings from that live session are going to be released on an album this July, and it turns out this is the CD we paid for last fall when the pledge was launched.

Some of the fans (including myself), are a little pissed about this because we thought we were (pledging) buying a new studio album of all new material, which is the way it sounded at the time. Evidently the new material is now going to be an EP coming out this fall. The whole thing has been about as clear as mud. I would rather they just do a full new LP of new material cause I don't really give a shit about live albums in general.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Which is again, especially weird because zach hill was no where to be found at that show, and they mentioned he would be replaced, but on the pledge site his name is o. It with the rest.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    There's also a square with "Team Sleep" written in it. I highly doubt Deftones would put the name of another Chino project on the cover of their album. Also: that would be a boring cover.
    that's because it's for team sleep, not for deftones.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    that's because it's for team sleep, not for deftones.
    Well, of course, that'd make sense then. I wasn't paying enough attention. Carry on.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I cant really say that i mecessarily like Deftones more than Team Sleep or Palms, actually. But, seeing as there are like 7-10 deftones albums depending on how you look at it, more material from Palms or Team Sleep especially seems a little more exciting.

Getting both in the same year is fantastic.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Damn, I had forgotten how great 'Smile' is! Thanks for sharing the song.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Probably reaching here but a post doesn't hurt...

Looking for 2 tickets to the Red Rocks show, preferably near face value not Stubhub prices. :/

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I got some pledge notifications about Team Sleep today. Two "pledger only" tracks, and a video with seemingly a new jam. Adding to the whole weirdness around this thing the tracks are "Formant" and "Blvd Nights. I can only assume that they are live recordings from the october show, they sound like a live mix and it is extra weird that one of the tracks is from the ten year old studio album, with the other being from a 7 year old leak. New performances though.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Not holding my breath, but I reeeally hope 'Smile' gets included on the new record. It's a long shot since it's supposedly an Eros track, but it's quickly becoming one of my favorite songs they've done since SNW
    It's more of a long shot considering that Chino mentioned that all the tracks for the album were written during the same sessions. I have no doubts that "Smile" will be officially released on Eros.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    was listening to White Pony in the car today (in honor of its 15th anniversary that was saturday). never get sick of that album, and still can't believe how well it has aged. i'm also always surprised to remember that "Elite" won a grammy for best metal performance in 2001.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    White Pony is the best! Also, "Knife Party" (yeah I know but my brain won't let me intentionally misspell a word) will always be my favorite Deftones song.

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    "Knife party" is my favorite too, also "Digital bath", i used to play that song everyday after waking up...