Page 55 of 101 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 3008

Thread: Deftones

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It's the band's right to mix however they want to, but compared to kny or de gore lacks clarity, whether it is intentional or not. then of course it's a matter of taste and it's all subjective. The mix on snw does sound quite good indeed, it fits their sound better than kny or de for that matter.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    When you say digital version...like the digital download that came with the pre-order/vinyl package that you had to physically type a code in for? I listen to it digitally via Apple Music and it doesn't sound oversaturated in the slightest..?
    yeah, i got the digital download that came with the record. maybe they did a separate "mastered for itunes" version that's on apple music that had more care put into it? idunno. it doesn't sound like that on vinyl so i assumed it was just across the board digital format-wise.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theprp.com
    As the rumors suggested, Deftones and Rise Against will indeed be touring with each other this summer. Thrice will also be on the bill with Three Trapped Tigers and Frank Iero And The Patience splitting the opening duties on select legs. Here’s what’s been booked:

With Three Trapped Tigers:

06/09 Chicago, IL – Huntington Bank Pavilion at Northerly Island
    06/10 Sterling Heights, MI – Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre at Freedom Hill
    06/11 Toronto, ON – Budweiser Stage
    06/13 Wantagh, NY – Nikon at Jones Beach Theater
    06/14 Baltimore, MD – Pier Six Pavilion
    06/16 Boston, MA – Blue Hills Bank Pavilion
    06/17 Philadelphia, PA – Festival Pier at Penn’s Landing
    06/18 Raleigh, NC – Red Hat Amphitheatre
    06/20 Charlotte, NC – Charlotte Metro Credit Union
    06/22 Tampa, FL – MidFlorida Credit Union
    06/23 Miami, FL – Bayfront Amphitheatre

With Frank Iero And The Patience:

06/24 Jacksonville, FL – Daily’s Place
    06/26 Houston, TX – Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
    06/27 Dallas, TX – Starplex Pavilion
    06/28 Austin, TX – Austin360
    06/30 Denver, CO – Pepsi Center
    07/01 Salt Lake City, UT – Usana Amphitheatre
    07/03 Seattle, WA – White River Amphitheatre
    07/06 Concord, CA – Concord Pavilion
    07/07 San Diego, CA – Sleep Train Amphitheatre
    07/08 Las Vegas, NV – Downtown Las Vegas Event Center
    07/09 Phoenix, AZ – Ak-Chin Pavilion
    Hot damn, what a tour.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thrice + Deftones makes me happy. Unfortunately the closest show is Chicago...

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I guess they forgot Montreal existed. Deftones is always playing to a packed house here.
    Thrice and Rise against are also very good draw in Montreal.
    Someone at Evenko is sleeping at the wheels.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Rise Against suck massive nuts but I'll see if I can still go.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I'll go if I can get a free ticket, and leave before Rise Against plays. Win win!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    and leave before Rise Against plays!
    i'm under the impression deftones are the headliner, is that incorrect?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Rise Against suck massive nuts but I'll see if I can still go.
    Whatttt?? Their more recent albums are rehashed trash, but Revolutions Per Minute, Siren Song, and The Sufferer and the Witness are all solid albums. I saw them a few years ago with Glassjaw mind you, and they were pretty dam good. They also helped me quickly forget that I had to watch the lead singer of A Day to Remember run on top of the crowd in a blow up ball.

Quote Originally Posted by center27j
    i'm under the impression deftones are the headliner, is that incorrect?

It is a co-headlining tour, but I can see Rise Against going on last. Even though in my opinion, it should go... Rise Against, Deftones, Thrice. But that's just me.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Rise Against has consistently headlined venues this size (sometimes as a co-headline, but still) whereas Deftones have always been an opener at these size venues. Perhaps I'm wrong though as the Deftones have only gotten more popular over the last few years and certainly have been around longer/are more respected. Anyone know for sure? I read one thing since this morning that said that Rise Against is headlining the hometown show in Chicago, which maybe lead credence to the fact that Deftones are headlining the rest of the tour. Which would suck b/c then I'd have to sit through them b/c if I DID drag myself to one of these sheds in the middle of summer, I'm certainly not going to miss Thrice. Rise Against isn't terrible or anything, but they're not my bag either.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 02-07-2017 at 10:37 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Details: Rise Against, Deftones, Thrice, Three Trapped Tigers

If Live Nation is any indication, Rise Against listed as 'headliners' for the Chicago show which is good so I can leave early and beat the traffic. Looks like they will alternate headlining spots.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    afi are supporting on the uk tour, don't know anything about them other than that miss murder track

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty79 View Post
    afi are supporting on the uk tour, don't know anything about them other than that miss murder track
    If you ever played Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, their track "The Boy Who Destroyed the World" is on there. They don't sound like that anymore, though.

On topic: Live Nation totally screwed me over. I was on at 10 AM yesterday for the presale, and was only able to access the "Find Tickets for Me" section on the website, but after a while of searching for seats at different price points, it started glitching out and not letting me find anything. So, I installed the app to my phone and continued my search, found a pair of seats that weren't terrible, then paid. Afterward, I foolishly decided to go back on the website to see if the original problem was resolved. It was, and the "Pick on Map" option was now available. I could have specifically picked my seats, but that option wasn't initially available. Total bullshit. On top of that, I learned I had discount codes stored on my Ticketmaster account (along with a multitude of free GA ticket codes; which weren't eligible for this show). Oh, well... I'm finally going to see Deftones.
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 02-10-2017 at 01:54 PM.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    lol AFI

I never got into that band; they always seemed like the quintessential gothic emo poseur group to me. I remember that hilariously maudlin video they had that time, where the singer dude spends the entire video standing on the edge of a bridge, singing the song while he thinks about jumping, the rest of the band scurries in a car to rescue him, then they all crash and die, and the singer dude changes his mind at the end and doesn't jump

I could never get past that and thus never bothered with them..

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    If you ever played Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, their track "The Boy Who Destroyed the World" is on there. They don't sound like that anymore, though.

On topic: Live Nation totally screwed me over. I was on at 10 AM yesterday for the presale, and was only able to access the "Find Tickets for Me" section on the website, but after a while of searching for seats at different price points, it started glitching out and not letting me find anything. So, I installed the app to my phone and continued my search, found a pair of seats that weren't terrible, then paid. Afterward, I foolishly decided to go back on the website to see if the original problem was resolved. It was, and the "Pick on Map" option was now available. I could have specifically picked my seats, but that option wasn't initially available. Total bullshit. On top of that, I learned I had discount codes stored on my Ticketmaster account (along with a multitude of free GA ticket codes; which weren't eligible for this show). Oh, well... I'm finally going to see Deftones.
    Fuckk, that's unfortunate. Similar problem when I went to go buy Livenations Ticket To Rock. The site glitched as well and wasn't giving me the option to buy the tickets... long story short, only awful seats were left. I've seen Deftones twice and they're fantastic.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I don't think the "pick on map" ticket buying has ever been an option right when tickets go on sale for an arena/amphitheater show, regardless of band (I've gotten it for small theatres). Can someone prove me wrong?...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    lol AFI

I never got into that band; they always seemed like the quintessential gothic emo poseur group to me. I remember that hilariously maudlin video they had that time, where the singer dude spends the entire video standing on the edge of a bridge, singing the song while he thinks about jumping, the rest of the band scurries in a car to rescue him, then they all crash and die, and the singer dude changes his mind at the end and doesn't jump

I could never get past that and thus never bothered with them..
    AFI are awesome live...at least they were about 12 years ago. One of the best live bands I've seen...seriously.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I don't think the "pick on map" ticket buying has ever been an option right when tickets go on sale for an arena/amphitheater show, regardless of band (I've gotten it for small theatres). Can someone prove me wrong?...
    I think I already did... Hence my frustration. I physically clicked on them while it was still in presale mode after buying my okay seats, and managed to get to the purchase page.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    AFI will still be cool in my book as despite their popularity & change in sound, Davey Havok is still edge & reps it, and the band still brings out hardcore bands on tour. Don't forget your roots.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 02-14-2017 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Davey, not Casey! Ugh

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    AFI will still be cool in my book as despite their popularity & change in sound, Casey Havok is still edge & reps it, and the band still brings out hardcore bands on tour. Don't forget your roots.
    :: cough :: did you mean davey? :: cough ::

i don't like AFI's really early stuff (too impenetrable) and their last few albums have been terrible. but "black sails through the sunset", "the art of drowning", and "sing the sorrow" are all fucking fantastic. with the glaring exception of "miss murder" off "sing the sorrow" which is a piece of shit single and i'm glad i ignored it or i would have missed out on the rest of the album.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I really liked Burials a lot, though nothing beats Art Of Drowning. Not huge into Blood album so far.

I did score tickets to the Chicago show. Wish AFI were going to be there too. I'm not a big Rise Against fan but my friend who is coming with me is (he isn't a Deftones fan haha).

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    :: cough :: did you mean davey? :: cough ::

i don't like AFI's really early stuff (too impenetrable) and their last few albums have been terrible. but "black sails through the sunset", "the art of drowning", and "sing the sorrow" are all fucking fantastic. with the glaring exception of "miss murder" off "sing the sorrow" which is a piece of shit single and i'm glad i ignored it or i would have missed out on the rest of the album.
    Eh, Decemberunderground has it's moments along with Burials. But I agree with all of this.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Setlist from the first European show. Pretty solid.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Glad to see Korea back in the setlist. Such a kickass opener.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Saw them yesterday in Munich and damn, what a kickass show! My last time was in 2007 and it probably was one of those concerts that just didn't do it for me. But last night they opened with Korea again and from the minute that breakdown came on I was hooked. The venue had some trouble with Chino's voice in the beginning, but the sound did catch up eventually and this actually turned out to be one my favorite concerts in a while. Great setlist, a tight band and a really nice lighting setup. Had the chance to interview Chino last month by phone and he did not lie, when he said that he is really looking forward to play Europe again. Positive energy from the man himself and an overall great experience!

Go and see the show if you are in Europa and on the brink of letting it pass. It was totally worth it.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Chino fell off the stage and broke his foot.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Gore has grown on me... deeply.
    It has taken third place in my top Deftones albums.
    I love this album from start to finish.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Gore has grown on me... deeply.
    It has taken third place in my top Deftones albums.
    I love this album from start to finish.
    I personally never hated it
    the production isn't great for sure but the music is very fine.
    time to play it actually!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Deftones is one of my favorite bands, always surprising me with awesome singles. But I can't seem to enjoy all their albums. Adrenaline, I never listen to. Saturday Night Wrists and Gore are albums I don't listen much. Gore is one of the last physical CD I bought (excluding NIN physical component).

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    Deftones is one of my favorite bands, always surprising me with awesome singles. But I can't seem to enjoy all their albums. Adrenaline, I never listen to. Saturday Night Wrists and Gore are albums I don't listen much. Gore is one of the last physical CD I bought (excluding NIN physical component).
    Yeah Adrenaline is definitely on the bottom of my list. I also wasn't too much into Saturday Night Wrist, but it has grown on me. I have become in love with Gore. I didn't hate it when I first listened to it, but it has grown on me to become one of my favorites from them. White Pony and self titled are my #1 and #2 though I hate the fact that it is called Deftones. Preferred the original title Lovers much more.