Page 10 of 216 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    (he might be in the back)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I wonder if anyone has some news from Ryan Jonik ? I'm worried about my NIN drive since he said it would be done in March and I have still no news, no reply to my messages, or anything. I took the expensive formula so I just want to know what's going on...even a single email from him to say I haven't been forgotten would be cool. It's been one year since I paid him. I know it's a good guy, what he did is really cool but I just would like to have some news...

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    so what's this documentary on the thtf release that i just found out about...?

http://www.nincatalog.com/item.asp?key=01-01834

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    so what's this documentary on the thtf release that i just found out about...?

http://www.nincatalog.com/item.asp?key=01-01834
    I'd bet that's the contents of the Collected DVD.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    That one came from jjaks if I remember correctly (give her some applause for the awesome screen caps) so maybe she'll post a definitive answer here.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    That one came from jjaks if I remember correctly (give her some applause for the awesome screen caps) so maybe she'll post a definitive answer here.
    It's a Greece promo dvd in a card sleeve. One of my favs.

1. THTF promotional video, 3:44
    2. cd uk clip, 3:34
    3. Collected contents, 22:58
    4. TR interview 27:51
    5. TV spot with the part of thtf video X2=(2:00+1:00) 3:06
    Last edited by jjaks; 10-19-2012 at 08:09 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    No one has made a playlist or mix of Year Zero that incorporates the ARG files, have they(as in ballgameover, opalo, etc...)? I wanted to attempt it, but I've been lazy.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    No one has made a playlist or mix of Year Zero that incorporates the ARG files, have they(as in ballgameover, opalo, etc...)? I wanted to attempt it, but I've been lazy.
    Back when the ARG was still live, there was a number of attempts at this. I can't think of anything memorable though.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Sent you a PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    First off -- Thanks for the forum and this thread!

Does anyone know if 'The Downward Spiral' got its name from a fan contest to name the album? ...I met a guy that told a story of a guy that won a bunch of swag for submitting the title to TR.. He also said that the contest winner had been published in an industry magazine of the period, but he wasn't sure which one.

It's a good story, but I've never heard of this and don't see anything about it online.. Is it true and, if so, does anyone know in what magazine the contest winner was published?

-Moe Green

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Lol no, that be crazy talk

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The winning title was "Buttfuck Parlor Time."

[Moe Green: Didn't I see you get wacked? Bullet in the eye?]
    Last edited by allegro; 10-24-2012 at 09:04 PM.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Moe himself came up with the title, way back when Trent was chasing cheerleaders.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I'd bet that's the contents of the Collected DVD.
    I own this and yes track 3 is the same as the collected DVD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Lol no, that be crazy talk
    heh... Thanks! I thought the odds were low.. I'm glad I knew where to get a definitive answer; there's a lotta crazy fans out there that come up with absurd stories... I once knew a guy that woke up one day and claimed that he had known Sheryl Crow... Of course, the other crazy viewpoint would be that their stories might just be true and the individual's history is mutable..!

Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Moe himself came up with the title, way back when Trent was chasing cheerleaders.
    Ya know.. I just got outta the Tropicana. Fletch's son's, Mike and Fredo are taking over...

Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    [Moe Green: Didn't I see you get wacked? Bullet in the eye?]
    Just a flesh wound....

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    i really was serious about Butt Fuck Parlor Time. Look it up. Everybody thought it was real. Kinda.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Here's a question, Halo8 DE..the big box one with two cds in it.. That has been remastered, and you can listen to the remastered version on a standard cd player right?
    Like, what I'm hearing when I put it in my non-SACD/Non-Surround Sound, regular old cd player is also remastered audio..

I'll take my response off the air. hahaha

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    Here's a question, Halo8 DE..the big box one with two cds in it.. That has been remastered, and you can listen to the remastered version on a standard cd player right?
    Like, what I'm hearing when I put it in my non-SACD/Non-Surround Sound, regular old cd player is also remastered audio.
    Correct, yes.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I've got an odd question regarding TPD Aphrodite remix. I transcribed the vinyl to DAT ages ago and noticed my version comes out to roughly 6:06. At some point, I downloaded the remix.nin.com version and it times out to 5:58 and has what sounds to me like a slightly faster pitch. The vinyl label has the timing as 6:10.

So, is the remix.nin.com version accurate or is it indeed too fast?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    I've got an odd question regarding TPD Aphrodite remix. I transcribed the vinyl to DAT ages ago and noticed my version comes out to roughly 6:06. At some point, I downloaded the remix.nin.com version and it times out to 5:58 and has what sounds to me like a slightly faster pitch. The vinyl label has the timing as 6:10.

So, is the remix.nin.com version accurate or is it indeed too fast?
    A little bird told me way back when that many of the rare remixes that appear on nin.com were externally sourced. As a result, I wouldn't necessarily trust them as a source of "truth" in these matters. If your turntable is accurate for things that do have good reference points, I'd trust your results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone know if a higher quality version of this video exists anywhere?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdsctt View Post

I believe the original file that the YouTube video is made from is an already low-res .mov file from nin.com back in the day. I don't know if I have the file anymore, but I will try to find it if I remember to look when I use my computer next.
    Last edited by blassster; 11-08-2012 at 06:31 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    I believe the original file that the YouTube video is made from is an already low-res .mov file from nin.com back in the day. I don't know if I have the file anymore, but I will try to find it if I remember to look when I use my computer next.
    yep, the original is a low-res .mov file... the nin.com/visuals page is still up, but the interscope links don't work... archived page with working links is here:
    http://portraitofdecay.com/nin.com/visuals/

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bwary View Post
    yep, the original is a low-res .mov file... the nin.com/visuals page is still up, but the interscope links don't work... archived page with working links is here:
    http://portraitofdecay.com/nin.com/visuals/
    Nice one. I don't think that this will happen, but it would be nice if they had better quality versions floating around internally and re-released them on Fragile DE bluray as supplemental material. Same goes for the Still sessions...

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdsctt View Post

Fuck I love this video.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Fuck I love this video.
    besides being a really cool look at my favourite iteration of NIN rehearsing, the part where trent goes "EEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHH" makes me giggle.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Fuck I love this video.
    When I was a teenager, my dad used to argue with me that Trent was not a real musician bc he used computers. (my dad was an old school guitarist.) When this video was posted, I made him watch it and he finally relented and said Trent was very talented.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I haven't watched that video in years, forgot how awesome it is! gave me the shivers when it kicked in.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    A little bird told me way back when that many of the rare remixes that appear on nin.com were externally sourced. As a result, I wouldn't necessarily trust them as a source of "truth" in these matters. If your turntable is accurate for things that do have good reference points, I'd trust your results.

if anyone needs a clean rip of this bad boy, just holler. have a good turntable setup, a record cleaner, and all three parts of this single.