Page 110 of 216 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,300 of 6457

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Copy_of_an_Echo View Post
    Woe, Kris, did you say that echoingthesound.org has disabled new user registrations? Why did that happen? I mean, if it's slow and stagnant, than wouldn't we want to bring in more people? Or are we just giving up on this thing?
    ETS still accepts new registrations. It's the official nin.com site that won't accept new registrations however, I beliver there's a work around if you register through the remix.nin.com site and go from there.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Woe, Kris, did you say that echoingthesound.org has disabled new user registrations? Why did that happen? I mean, if it's slow and stagnant, than wouldn't we want to bring in more people? Or are we just giving up on this thing?
    www.nin.com
    This site is owned and run by Trent Reznor, it is the only official NIN site. Hidden in its depths are the old nin.com forums, which are very hard to register for.
    www.echoingthesound.org
    This is an unofficial NIN forum, currently run by Matt aka Leviathant, and a far better place. For more info on him, try the latest episode of the unofficial NIN podcast http://www.underneathitall.org/

As far as I know, there are only two websites run by Trent & crew, nin.com and destroyangels.com.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    For the record, ETS has not disabled new user registrations, but because of gandugains (and his various incarnations), all user registrations require manual approval. You would not believe how many fucking accounts that guy's made trying to get back in here.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Woe, Kris, did you say that echoingthesound.org has disabled new user registrations?
    Oh, absolutely not. I was referring to the official Nine Inch Nails forum on NIN.com.

Why did that happen?
    From my understanding, these threads should explain why it happened. My memory is a bit rusty on that matter, so it's probably better off for you to peruse them, as they'd explain it all a lot better than I could right now.

http://forum.nin.com/bb/read.php?40,1445734

http://forum.nin.com/bb/read.php?40,1488639

This is also the exact URL to register on in order to gain access to the NIN.com forums. (I know it's been already mentioned, but I still felt like throwing it out there anyway.) Are you also on NIN.com?

http://remix.nin.com/

I mean, if it's slow and stagnant, than wouldn't we want to bring in more people? Or are we just giving up on this thing?
    If you're referring to Echoing the Sound, it's definitely still very much alive, but I'm still a bit convinced that forums in general have slowed down a bit since social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter took over. That is, at least for the forums that haven't been completely phased out, or called it quits.

As for the rest of it, NYRexall, Rubeninphoenix, sheepdean and Leviathant have already summed it all up.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 04-22-2015 at 02:07 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    If you're referring to Echoing the Sound, it's definitely still very much alive, but I'm still a bit convinced that forums in general have slowed down a bit since social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter took over. That is, at least for the forums that haven't been completely phased out, or called it quits.
    I don't think social media can replace specific fan forums. I was briefly member of "Our Nothing", which is biggest NIN group on Facebook and it was just people posting lyrics or youtube videos.. there was absolutely no discussion going on (apart from "yeah, I love this song!") or people complaining how this group is full of retarded posts. I occasionally stumbled upon a new article about NIN there, but it just wasn't worth it to have this group in my news feed. And this is the case to some extent to every band group on Facebook. Maybe if I was more casual NIN fan, I would be okay to have NIN Hotline in my news feed to get my info, but if you want to go more in depth, have some debate with like minded people or just get every possible piece of info about NIN, there is no way around to be part of some forum like community, whether it is forum like this or maybe something like reddit.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by telee.kom View Post
    I don't think social media can replace specific fan forums. I was briefly member of "Our Nothing", which is biggest NIN group on Facebook and it was just people posting lyrics or youtube videos.. there was absolutely no discussion going on (apart from "yeah, I love this song!") or people complaining how this group is full of retarded posts. I occasionally stumbled upon a new article about NIN there, but it just wasn't worth it to have this group in my news feed. And this is the case to some extent to every band group on Facebook. Maybe if I was more casual NIN fan, I would be okay to have NIN Hotline in my news feed to get my info, but if you want to go more in depth, have some debate with like minded people or just get every possible piece of info about NIN, there is no way around to be part of some forum like community, whether it is forum like this or maybe something like reddit.
    As an admin of Our Nothing ... it's a very different place to ETS. Probably not the best place to be if you want this kinda community. Or if you want to avoid crazy people.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    As an admin of Our Nothing ... it's a very different place to ETS. Probably not the best place to be if you want this kinda community. Or if you want to avoid crazy people.
    This is kinda why I've always been glad that things like the nin.com forums or Our Nothing exist. I don't wanna be the biggest, most popular Facebook page about Nine Inch Nails. I don't want to be the forum with the most NIN fans. Of course, I don't want to choke off growth either, but I like our smaller, more focused community now better than the explodey ETS of the mid-2000s.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'll tell you what I like best about this forum is the ease of navigation. I used to frequent a Smashing Pumpkins forum and they changed their platform and web interface a few years ago, and I quit going there (thepumpkins.net) for that very reason. I'm a huge SP fan, as well, but the forum I once enjoyed has taken a turn for the worse....it's so bad.

This site has a fast engine, people are reasonable and cool (for the most part), and dialogue is pretty active...even when NIN is not really active at the moment. So that's cool, and I appreciate all of you giving me (and the rest of us ETS members) a reason to stop by and check out what chatter is popular at any given moment.

Didn't mean to get all gushy, but I'm very happy to have found this forum to keep me in the loop about stuff I don't research as much as others do.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    @pinata89 I've been really surprised how I still keep popping in daily to at least check up on threads despite the total lack of NIN activity. Probably the biggest thing is just the level of community here that's really great, it's close enough that it doesn't feel distanced but open enough that there's none of that clique-style grouping that a lot of forums fall victim to. There's really hardly anyone on here who I don't like seeing posts from, pretty much everyone brings their own flavor to the mix.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Can anyone tell me which Perfect Drug version is playing at about 25s in this video from Closure? Is there an mp3 available or is it just some random thing done for the video

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?...e_gdata_player

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Damn, I wish he would go on this website and do a Q and A. That would be really nice.
    i wouldn't count on it. i seem to remember him popping up saying that he had forgotten what assholes we all were. that was like 2008-ish?
    do you guys remember that or did i just dream it?

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Can anyone tell me which Perfect Drug version is playing at about 25s in this video from Closure? Is there an mp3 available or is it just some random thing done for the video

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?...e_gdata_player
    It's Plug mix

Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    i wouldn't count on it. i seem to remember him popping up saying that he had forgotten what assholes we all were. that was like 2008-ish?
    do you guys remember that or did i just dream it?
    It did happen
    http://archives.echoingthesound.org/...x_page750.html
    Last edited by fillow; 04-24-2015 at 10:23 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Thanks - for some reason I never bought the Perfect Drug single.
    Another question, in that old ETS link the phrases Lollerskates Hugs, and something about the power and the glory pop up in random places, what's that all about?

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Another question, in that old ETS link the phrases Lollerskates Hugs, and something about the power and the glory pop up in random places, what's that all about?
    Word filters for parasite abbreviations (such as LOL, LMAO, some other worlds)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    LAResistanceMeetingLarge.mov is 141M, sha1sum 13e182521d067984465e649560dad9fffedfc749, h264 video 640x480, 1847 kb/s; aac audio 44100Hz, 127kb/s; duration 00:09:56.70. This is the high(er) quality edited footage that NIN put up. It's significantly better than the quality of the full stream, at least that I've seen available; but sadly edits the hell out of the concert; WITT suffers in particular.

I haven't seen this video on YT so I'll probably upload it. The NIN camp clearly have the whole thing in this quality, I hope, nah, PRAY, we get (at least) WITT uncut one day.

Edit:

osr_18.04.07.avi is 148M, sha1sum 7859b4667d92d59f2855ffa9a7449a097a8d277a, mpeg4 video 400x240 522kb/s, mp3 audio 22050Hz 160kb/s, duration 00:39:24.30. This is the whole shebang and corresponds, I think, to the 3-part YT videos linked earlier on.

Video 1.flv is 5.5M; sha1sum 58989e5b57ea7415bcc647ccc790f65ea4d0cc03; ffprobe chokes on trying to inspect it and VLC won't play it. Suspect an incomplete download. I didn't keep the torrent file. (PSA kids! Keep your torrent files! They're also a block-checksum record!)

The audio files:

Code:
    total 24M
    -r--r--r--. 1 jon jon 2.8M Apr 22  2007 01 - The Beginning Of The End.mp3
    -r--r--r--. 1 jon jon 4.1M Apr 22  2007 02 - Survivalism.mp3
    -r--r--r--. 1 jon jon 4.6M Apr 22  2007 03 - Last.mp3
    -r--r--r--. 1 jon jon 3.9M Apr 22  2007 04 - March Of The Pigs.mp3
    -r--r--r--. 1 jon jon 6.2M Apr 22  2007 05 - We're In This Together.mp3
    -r--r--r--. 1 jon jon 1.4M Apr 22  2007 06 - The Frail.mp3
    -r--r--r--. 1 jon jon 918K Apr 22  2007 07 - SWAT.mp3
    pavonis$ sha1sum *
    a465252e4457b9b1f50c4cfe369decd96f221a9d  01 - The Beginning Of The End.mp3
    f773eb630006a6fbf624563794852d066ab8651a  02 - Survivalism.mp3
    c2f637f7da68e8d246d2b34d70725aad6741da0c  03 - Last.mp3
    8a3a429c4e6032b21cedab4fd405b1009f05fd18  04 - March Of The Pigs.mp3
    8e5b472eb55ed061722f627cb8c7f2e8ab258b9a  05 - We're In This Together.mp3
    adc9e38abb3d11ecc885a307292aa75949dd088b  06 - The Frail.mp3
    c96831a47fe687b482b2c26f972ceacdbc967404  07 - SWAT.mp3
    All 44100Hz, 128kb/s mp3s; so transcodes from the stream. (useless).

Edit: just noticed we've just passed the 8-year anniversary of this gig (18th April)
    Here is a link to a couple of compilations

http://forum.nin.com/bb/read.php?52,1102864

The - Year Zero - DVD is the one with the complete secret gig.
    It's the whole meeting before the gig and then the complete live gig with different quality, cause the better parts from the collage were inserted.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZootZap View Post
    Here is a link to a couple of compilations

http://forum.nin.com/bb/read.php?52,1102864

The - Year Zero - DVD is the one with the complete secret gig.
    It's the whole meeting before the gig and then the complete live gig with different quality, cause the better parts from the collage were inserted.
    Those compilations seem rather interesting. I still think it'd be cool to compile all the performance videos from NIN's YouTube account into one DVD.

Any idea what software would be required for that?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeninphoenix View Post
    ETS still accepts new registrations. It's the official nin.com site that won't accept new registrations however, I beliver there's a work around if you register through the remix.nin.com site and go from there.
    Oh interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    For the record, ETS has not disabled new user registrations, but because of gandugains (and his various incarnations), all user registrations require manual approval. You would not believe how many fucking accounts that guy's made trying to get back in here.
    LOL what was he doing just trolling?

Ah man you guys. I'm such a nub. Because of the links you shared with me, I now know the difference, somewhat, between the ninhotline and ninremix.com. What's more, I'm discovering Meathead for the first time. lol it's so funny! But damn I missed out on so much interesting nin stuff over the years.

Alright guys who's seen Trent's Meathead Perspective thing? I'm just curious now.

Anyway guys, well, that was fun; going through all the weird Meathead Perspective stuff, the archives, the flash videos, the collection of fan "art", etc. I can't believe this has been going on since 1999... It's funny how Trent used to be such a lonely person, but at the same time, he was always so popular. All the content, the people, the fans. Now after wasting time on this 6 year old Meathead thing, I feel lonelier than Trent! Oh god...

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Just a heads up: you can edit your original post if you have more to say. You don't need to make a new post every time.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Just a heads up: you can edit your original post if you have more to say. You don't need to make a new post every time.
    He's been told that like a dozen times already.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Considering the daily cuntpunch is wiped and defunct, was it ever archived or do we just have the flickr feed left?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I haven't been around in awhile so maybe somebody else posted this, but am I the only one whose account information has seemed to have vanished from nin.com? I tried to get into my digital files today and can't login, and when I try to reset my password it says my email can't be found. Frustrating.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Those compilations seem rather interesting. I still think it'd be cool to compile all the performance videos from NIN's YouTube account into one DVD.

Any idea what software would be required for that?
    On the official Vimeo-NIN channel (I think) you can download in better quality than on YouTube. Everything from YT is also on Vimeo, except the latest four videos.

https://vimeo.com/ninofficial/videos/page:3/sort:date

When you just take the mp4 and complile it you just need a burning software, unless you wanna make a DVD with menu or a Bluray.
    This compilation has all live videos, except the latest few.
    http://s738.photobucket.com/user/tre...M_000.jpg.html

But someone did an other compilation (maybe last year?) with all the videos. I take a look.

edit: The one I found is also a while ago and the link is dead:
    http://forum.nin.com/bb/read.php?52,968012

And with the other one (from last year) I was wrong. It was a NIN videography.
    Last edited by ZootZap; 04-25-2015 at 01:31 PM.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Considering the daily cuntpunch is wiped and defunct, was it ever archived or do we just have the flickr feed left?
    Miss that dude. He was a big help to getting the version of the NIN Live archive up and running you currently see at the site. I am extremely grateful for the work he put in. I hope he is well.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZootZap View Post
    On the official Vimeo-NIN channel (I think) you can download in better quality than on YouTube. Everything from YT is also on Vimeo, except the latest four videos.

https://vimeo.com/ninofficial/videos/page:3/sort:date
    To add to this:

YouTube streaming:
    • 720p = 3 Mbps
    • 1080p = 6 Mbps

Vimeo streaming:
    • 720p = 10 Mbps
    • 1080p = 20 Mbps

The actual MP4 may not be any better on Vimeo, but often is because of the higher data rates supported for streaming.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Please don't laugh at me because this is kind of a laundry question but...
    i ordered that nin jacket, the one with the logo and the thumbholes and whatnot. I bet a lot of you have one.

So here's the thing. It fits PERFECTLY so i am afraid to put it in the dryer. But it's covered in cat and dog hair now, i mean COVERED.
    I wanna put it in the dryer with some dryer sheets to try to get some of the hair off.

How much does it shrink if you dry it?

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Please don't laugh at me because this is kind of a laundry question but...
    i ordered that nin jacket, the one with the logo and the thumbholes and whatnot. I bet a lot of you have one.

So here's the thing. It fits PERFECTLY so i am afraid to put it in the dryer. But it's covered in cat and dog hair now, i mean COVERED.
    I wanna put it in the dryer with some dryer sheets to try to get some of the hair off.

How much does it shrink if you dry it?
    http://www.amazon.com/3M-836R-OS-Lin.../dp/B00006IA8Q

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    i've got one of those things.
    but you guys don't understand...it looks like a fur jacket now.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Take it to the cleaners, shouldn't cost too much. I think when I get my pants dry cleaned its under $8.00.

Or or if you do want to go the dryer route put one softener sheet in and set it at the lowest heat setting. Not to be confused with the no heat tumble setting. It shouldn't shrink. (I am not nor will be responsible for any possible shrinkage if it does occur :P )

OR!!! Keep it as is as a one of a kind NIN fur jacket. Sell in marketplace place. Profit!?!?!?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Curry Comb, yo!

Set shirt on hard, flat surface and weep tears of joy.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Did Trent Reznor use Maschine Studio or Maschine something else to make Hesitation Marks?