Page 114 of 216 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 164 214 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,420 of 6457

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    ^^^its quite entertaining that apple have backtracked from not compensating artists on the free trial, because of a tumblr blog post
    http://recode.net/2015/06/21/apple-s...ams-after-all/
    you forgot to mention it was Taylor Swift's blog post. kind of a big detail to leave out – i seem to be detecting an anti-Apple slant here...

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Is there an upload of the cut Hurt music video from Closure? Want to show it to someone and I am far too lazy to rip my files
    The only upload I've seen is on Vimeo with the rest of the Closure appendage footage.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobochic View Post
    When is Trent Reznor done with Apple Music? Saw a couple of Apple ads and he sounded as ridiculous as Neil Young (with his Pono project).

What's with Neil and Trent falling for tech companies wanting them for their "expertise" while it's only their "street cred" (ironic much?) they need for PR. These companies know how to stroke big egos. Let's hope it's worth it, aside from big checks.
    Trent just retweeted some guy reporting news that Apple decided to finally compensate artists for the free trial; and he retweeted 3 posts. Looks like Trent is waist deep into supporting Apple on every move right now.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    When is Trent Reznor done with Apple Music? Saw a couple of Apple ads and he sounded as ridiculous as Neil Young (with his Pono project).

What's with Neil and Trent falling for tech companies wanting them for their "expertise" while it's only their "street cred" (ironic much?) they need for PR. These companies know how to stroke big egos. Let's hope it's worth it, aside from big checks.
    Trent is a corporate puppet who worships the almighty $ these days

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    More like worshipper of the cult of Apple.

That said, I think I'll be using the free trial and if I actually find a part time job before then might actually sign up if I like it enough.i'm on spotify's free tier now

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    More like worshipper of the cult of Apple.

That said, I think I'll be using the free trial and if I actually find a part time job before then might actually sign up if I like it enough.i'm on spotify's free tier now
    Only way I'd ever partake in this streaming service is if there's some exclusive NIN content offered, which I highly doubt there will be. But you never know, I guess.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nineinchnerd View Post
    Only way I'd ever partake in this streaming service is if there's some exclusive NIN content offered, which I highly doubt there will be. But you never know, I guess.
    I'm kind of holding out for the 'everything' video although very doubtful. However, since it is on iTunes and i have it, I don't see how I've got anything to lose so long as I remember to cancel if I don't want it / can't afford it

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    you forgot to mention it was Taylor Swift's blog post. kind of a big detail to leave out – i seem to be detecting an anti-Apple slant here...
    Not really anti Apple but just been confused for years about the weird devotion they cause, also their actual laptops /computers are so far out of my league financially. I feel the same about the console wars. I love gaming but it's the games I love, not devices used to play them.

Anyway on the Taylor Swift / Apple subject this really made me laugh
    http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/7...ple-in-cahoots

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Trent just retweeted some guy reporting news that Apple decided to finally compensate artists for the free trial; and he retweeted 3 posts. Looks like Trent is waist deep into supporting Apple on every move right now.
    Or maybe he was very against what Apple was doing and was glad they changed their course.

He could be unhappy about other things they are doing. But I don't think he would say that. Not while still working for Apple.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Looks like Trent might end up losing his "corporate punk" job to Taylor Swift.

I also can't help to notice the forced and dated NIN imagery in Apple Music ads. TDS 1994 skulls? Seriously?
    Sign with the devil, pathetic promos all inclusive.
    Last edited by hobochic; 06-23-2015 at 10:22 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    scary stuff when Taylor Swift is the rebel and Trent is the corporate puppet

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    scary stuff when Taylor Swift is the rebel and Trent is the corporate puppet
    The Hand that Feeds.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Taylor Swift is not a rebel, and Trent has worked for Universal Music Group (by way of Interscope) and Columbia Records/Sony Pictures. He's been a "corporate puppet" for a long time.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Wanting to be paid is being a rebel now ? Damn that capitalism thing sure has changed since the 70ies...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Taylor Swift is not a rebel, and Trent has worked for Universal Music Group (by way of Interscope) and Columbia Records/Sony Pictures. He's been a "corporate puppet" for a long time.
    Working as a musician doesn't compare to his current position in Apple's software development.
    i'd like to see him doing a "steal this music" rant while working for Apple.
    Swift is rebelling against Apple. Trent isn't. He's star strucked (and fucked).

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Working as a musician doesn't compare to his current position in Apple's software development.
    i'd like to see him doing a "steal this music" rant while working for Apple.
    Swift is rebelling against Apple. Trent isn't. He's star strucked (and fucked).
    "Hey, the MAN wants to overcharge you for my music, so STEAL IT"
    "Hey, the MAN doesn't want to pay you for your music so, um, let's just see how they deal with that alright?"

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    ...his current position in Apple's software development.
    Keywords being "software development". Is Trent actually involved with the financial end of things, or is he just involved with software? Seems like no one wants to ask that question first before attacking him.

Also, for those of you still stuck on the "steal this music" thing: if you want a physical copy of The Slip from nin.com, that'll be $20.99 please.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 06-23-2015 at 04:03 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I think some people on this forum need to do some rebelling in their own lives rather than expecting pop\rock stars to do it for them.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Anyone think there's even a small shred of possibility that there could be some exclusive NIN content with Apple Music's launch next Tuesday?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Anyone think there's even a small shred of possibility that there could be some exclusive NIN content with Apple Music's launch next Tuesday?
    Yes.
    I hope there isn't, but I wouldn't be shocked if, at the very least, it's first look at something (even if that something is just the greatest hits)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    of course not. even though TR has bent over for apple, he isnt dumb enough to hand over unreleased or new music to them...maybe some remix or 3 live song "EP" to pacify the fanboys...nothing legit

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Perhaps, but I'm not counting on it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    http://trentreznorgifs.tumblr.com/post/99556238420 Anyone know the origin of this gif?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    http://trentreznorgifs.tumblr.com/post/99556238420 Anyone know the origin of this gif?
    Not sure. But I can tell you Trent's fashion sense is a hell of a lot better today.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    But I can tell you Trent's fashion sense is a hell of a lot better today.

(may or may not have just discovered this gif from that tumblr)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fangster_ View Post

(may or may not have just discovered this gif from that tumblr)
    lol. Even in this gif... he just looks so much sharper and dare i say, younger... ?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Younger than who?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    If there's ever another tour, I would love to see Trent perform 'Everything' live. That would be crazy lol

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

At 28:08 of this interview, someone asks Trent if he'd be working on a new NIN album. I always found it odd that the lady interviewing them immediately chimes in with, "You gonna go balls out?" while half smiling/snickering. It's almost like she knows what's going on. Very bizarre. Trent's response was of mild annoyance at her quip. Does she possibly know what the status is on a new album?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Younger than who?
    Younger than himself, especially himself on the 2009 touring cycle. He somehow looks more energetic and younger than those days.