Page 119 of 216 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 169 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,570 of 6457

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Anybody actually enjoy Grizzly Bear (Trent recommended it on Apple Music)? I'm trying but I just can't get into it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nineinchnerd View Post
    Anybody actually enjoy Grizzly Bear (Trent recommended it on Apple Music)? I'm trying but I just can't get into it.
    Haven't heard of their stuff, maybe I'll go check them out
    But if you want to listen to a less agressive version of NIN, listen to Depeche Mode
    And if you want a more harder version, listen to Godflesh
    Also KMFDM, cuz they suck.
    All good shit in there
    Last edited by _T_B_W_; 07-21-2015 at 03:29 AM.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Love it.
    But if you want more NIN, don't listen to what Reznor says. The guy's not interested in "more NIN" when he listens to music, he wants new perspectives, different sounds, he's like you and me and wants something fresh. Once in a while he'll say he likes a band like HEALTH, which could somehow somewhat be considered kinda sorta Nin-ish, but as a general rule, everything Reznor recommends and likes either constittes the raw roots of what NIN is, or has nothing to do with that kind of music.

On the other hand, the guy has good taste in general, and I personally tend to trust his nose. Grizzly Bear, TV On The Radio, Autolux, HEALTH ? All great, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Love it.
    But if you want more NIN, don't listen to what Reznor says. The guy's not interested in "more NIN" when he listens to music, he wants new perspectives, different sounds, he's like you and me and wants something fresh. Once in a while he'll say he likes a band like HEALTH, which could somehow somewhat be considered kinda sorta Nin-ish, but as a general rule, everything Reznor recommends and likes either constittes the raw roots of what NIN is, or has nothing to do with that kind of music.

On the other hand, the guy has good taste in general, and I personally tend to trust his nose. Grizzly Bear, TV On The Radio, Autolux, HEALTH ? All great, in my opinion.
    Oh trust me I know that. All the artists I admire tend to consume art that I never happen to enjoy. I am glad they are influenced by the art they consume though, because that's what makes them create their own art, which I really enjoy.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I've OD'd on Skinny Puppy and Ministry and Miley Cyrus. And I'm sick.
    besides COIL, listen to throbbing gristle. (which COIL album(s) did you check out? because their back catalog is quite large.)

also, listen to Telefon Tel Aviv & Sons Of Magdalene (though i don't know how much you'll enjoy the first TTA album because it's all instrumental and you seem to have issues with that, it's a beautiful collection of songs).

listen to Einsturzende Neubauten.

listen to Bauhaus & Joy Division & New Order.

listen to Can (though that's probably getting a bit far).

listen to Gary Numan.

also, there's a playlist on apple music called something like "Nine Inch Nails: Influences" that's a playlist of stuff that inspired trent to make the music he does.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I've OD'd on Skinny Puppy and Ministry and Miley Cyrus. And I'm sick.
    Sounds pretty bad. Perhaps you need to flush it out of your system. Maybe a 24 hour binge of TV theme songs would do some healing. Stuff like Green Acres, Good Times, Three's Company, Gilligan's Island, and The Brady Bunch. Give that a shot and you may be back on your feet before you know it.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Trent thinks Janes Addiction are groundbreaking and great....so he loses credibility in my book...you know, cuz they fucking suck

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    From that list, I would suggest:

12 Rounds
    A Perfect Circle
    Boris
    Coil
    David Bowie
    Eagles Of Death Metal
    El-P
    Gary Numan
    Godspeed You! Black Emperor
    Modwheelmood/Sonoio (and everything else Alessandro puts out)
    Puscifer
    Queens Of The Stone Age
    Saul Williams
    Street Sweeper Social Club
    Telefon Tel Aviv
    TV On The Radio

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    Trent thinks Janes Addiction are groundbreaking and great....so he loses credibility in my book...you know, cuz they fucking suck
    Interesting. I wonder, and this is 100% hypothetical, if Trent were to do a cover of On the Good Ship Lollipop, would he by doing that lose or gain credibility points?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Anybody here old enough to have experienced the post Downward Spiral hiatus? If so, how did you deal with it? Was there drinking involved? Drugs? Please indulge me, because this is honestly the first time I'll be following NIN online, so this gap is going to be quite excruciating indeed.
    masturbation, making my own music, endlessly refreshing theninhotline

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    From that list, I would suggest:

12 Rounds
    You should try to find 12 Rounds on Spotify. Because I just did and after listening to SWAG Meter and Zumba Yanga I was a bit perplexed why was this band sign on Nothing Records and why would sheepdean have their artwork as an avatar.
    Last edited by telee.kom; 07-21-2015 at 02:02 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by telee.kom View Post
    You should try to find 12 Rounds on Spotify. Because I just did and after listening to SWAG Meter and Zumba Yanga I was a bit perplexed why was this band sign on Nothing Records and why is sheepdean have their artwork as an avatar.
    Heh.
    You think that's bad, try having google alerts for them and only getting that shitty wrestling film.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Veckatimest is a pretty solid album. Good place to start.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    If there were an “official sandwich of nin,” what do you think it would be? A reuben? A blt? A turkey and swiss on rye? What? C’mon and chime in, this is important.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Pork and Vaseline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Do you think the NIN legacy should continue with Reznor's son(s)?
    Or after all is said and done, be the project that should only be "Trent Reznor is Nine Inch Nails"

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _T_B_W_ View Post
    Do you think the NIN legacy should continue with Reznor's son(s)?
    Or after all is said and done, be the project that should only be "Trent Reznor is Nine Inch Nails"
    No.

If the kids want to make music, well that's cool. But NIN is not a family band, and it would not make any sense to replace Trent when he pops his clogs, or retires.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    If there were an “official sandwich of nin,” what do you think it would be? A reuben? A blt? A turkey and swiss on rye? What? C’mon and chime in, this is important.
    I actually started to think about an answer for this, but then I realized I was just thinking about what sandwich I wanted to eat now.

Anyway, dinner time!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    Black forest ham, because darkness and pigs.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamelion View Post
    Pork and Vaseline.
    Bold choice! I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    Black forest ham, because darkness and pigs.
    Damn. That sounds pretty good also.
    Last edited by Dr Channard; 07-22-2015 at 08:55 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    remember when Korn was to cover Head Like a Hole?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    remember when Korn was to cover Head Like a Hole?
    No? Link, and did it happen? Cause that'd be cool

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    No? Link, and did it happen? Cause that'd be cool
    Korn Kovers Wikipedia

Although the compilation/album was abandoned, "Head Like A Hole" was one of the tracks that was supposedly recorded.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Korn Kovers Wikipedia

Although the compilation/album was abandoned, "Head Like A Hole" was one of the tracks that was supposedly recorded.
    Aw that sounds cool. Can't win 'em all I guess

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Aw that sounds cool. Can't win 'em all I guess
    For the next album, I really hope they will have some cool online and tv teasers. Make it feel like a large expansive release, kind of like a movie. Just think about how cool it would be to see a NIN tv commercial today.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    For the next album, I really hope they will have some cool online and tv teasers. Make it feel like a large expansive release, kind of like a movie. Just think about how cool it would be to see a NIN tv commercial today.
    TV teasers for a band as relatively small as NIN ain't happening in today's world. But we got online ones for HTDA and I think HM?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    so trent sampled prince's alphabet st. for ringfinger? what part? because i can't hear it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    TV teasers for a band as relatively small as NIN ain't happening in today's world. But we got online ones for HTDA and I think HM?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    That was 16 years ago. Pre google, pre youtube, pre major social networks, pre netflix... These days it's simply not cost effective - not to mention the TV audiences and what they want really have changed a lot. The few bands who advertise on TV these days are the kind who sell out stadiums in every city of their tour.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    That was 16 years ago. Pre google, pre youtube, pre major social networks, pre netflix... These days it's simply not cost effective - not to mention the TV audiences and what they want really have changed a lot. The few bands who advertise on TV these days are the kind who sell out stadiums in every city of their tour.