Page 125 of 216 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,750 of 6457

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I still think doing it like Pink Floyd's Echoes would be best, mixing the tracks to flow into each other as their own album, rather than just a list of songs
    Wasn't it actually the NIN crew that did a lot of the transitions on The Fragile? TRENT JUST HIRE DANNY TO DO THE SEQUENCING/TRANSITIONS ON YOUR GREATEST HITS

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    I still think doing it like Pink Floyd's Echoes would be best, mixing the tracks to flow into each other as their own album, rather than just a list of songs
    Oh, and please don't make them ordered chronologically. Every time I see a greatest hits organized that way it just strikes me as a lazy "let's align the singles" maneuver.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Oh, and please don't make them ordered chronologically. Every time I see a greatest hits organized that way it just strikes me as a lazy "let's align the singles" maneuver.
    Funny, I feel the opposite. I think greatest hits packages should show the progression or arc of a band, almost like it's telling a story -- and therefore need to be chronological. Any non-chronological greatest hits (even Echoes with the transitions) has never felt like a good listening experience to me because the progression of styles and methods just seems really wrong. Especially true once we start getting into bands who have spanned decades and grown so much -- it sounds so unnatural when you mix a first year track with a tenth year track with a fifteenth year track.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    Funny, I feel the opposite. I think greatest hits packages should show the progression or arc of a band, almost like it's telling a story -- and therefore need to be chronological. Any non-chronological greatest hits (even Echoes with the transitions) has never felt like a good listening experience to me because the progression of styles and methods just seems really wrong. Especially true once we start getting into bands who have spanned decades and grown so much -- it sounds so unnatural when you mix a first year track with a tenth year track with a fifteenth year track.
    idunno, i just made my friend two NIN mixes to get him into the band and i even through some HTDA and soundtrack work in there. there's absolutely nothing chronological about it, it's just about making it flow nicely.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Switch the narrative around a bit, rather than the usual "[band] went that way, then it did this, then that one sold quite a bit too, and oh that one was on that one soundtrack, and then there's the last singles. We threw a remix in, you know, to spice things up a bit!"

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Recoil - Selected. That's one very carefully and just perfectly compiled and edited "the best of".

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Somebody added James Duval to the cast list in the Broken Movie IMDb page. Is this based on real evidence or is somebody messing around with us?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103885/

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Well apparently there's quite a few sites around agreeing with that...

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I mean, unless he dubbed over the guy being tortured by the serial killer or Bob Flanagan (which doesn't seem possible since you can hear the same audio taken from the set on Screaming Slave), I don't know where his voice would be in the video.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I believe he -is- in the Closure version of the Gave Up video, the live version in the Tate house, lounging around. Probably hanging out with Manson or something.

An odd bit of miscommunication as that version of the video isn't in the Broken film.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emptydesk View Post
    I believe he -is- in the Closure version of the Gave Up video, the live version in the Tate house, lounging around. Probably hanging out with Manson or something.

An odd bit of miscommunication as that version of the video isn't in the Broken film.
    iMDB is a wiki, not a perfect resource, so it's less a miscommunication, more someone who doesn't know what they're doing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Avoiding the cliche statement that "anything is possible", does anyone think that a master playlist could be compiled of all NIN & TR/AR instrumentals? Or do you think that the tone varies too much for this to be one long, smooth trip? I only ask because I'm listening to the Social Network OST, and I just had this desire to be taken on a journey through all of the instrumentals Trent has ever composed.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by misternegative View Post
    Avoiding the cliche statement that "anything is possible", does anyone think that a master playlist could be compiled of all NIN & TR/AR instrumentals? Or do you think that the tone varies too much for this to be one long, smooth trip? I only ask because I'm listening to the Social Network OST, and I just had this desire to be taken on a journey through all of the instrumentals Trent has ever composed.
    I have an iTunes playlist with all of them in it and have listened to it on occasion. I think there's a slight disconnect between the NINstrumentals and the score work, but that's only because of the nature of the scores and what they were created for, and I think they weave in and out of the other tracks fairly well. Then again, your mileage may vary.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I have an iTunes playlist with all of them in it and have listened to it on occasion. I think there's a slight disconnect between the NINstrumentals and the score work, but that's only because of the nature of the scores and what they were created for, and I think they weave in and out of the other tracks fairly well. Then again, your mileage may vary.
    Did you simply place them in a chronological order of sorts or did you order them to blend into each other as well as possible? If the latter is true, I'd be very interesting in seeing the order, so that I may try it out.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Did you simply place them in a chronological order of sorts or did you order them to blend into each other as well as possible? If the latter is true, I'd be very interesting in seeing the order, so that I may try it out.
    I just put it on shuffle and see what happens, although I've done mixes with them before where I'll organize them into a specific order.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    If you don't call the playlist NINstrumentals, you're missing a trick.
    And http://www.nin.wiki/Category:NIN_Instrumentals plus Quake, TSN, TGWTDT and GG. The tone varies a fucking ton, but such is life.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    And http://www.nin.wiki/Category:NIN_Instrumentals plus Quake, TSN, TGWTDT and GG. The tone varies a fucking ton, but such is life.
    On the subject of (N)instrumentals, there's also the remix of The New Flesh from thingsfallingapart.com (sort of).

And there are all the remixes of The New Flesh from the AATCHB DVD. Not sure if those count.
    Last edited by katara; 09-27-2015 at 09:10 AM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I know we've done this before, sir, but "At The Heart Of It All" really shouldn't be on that list. *ducks*

@misternegative don't forget "Driver Down"! The sax compels you.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I know we've done this before, sir, but "At The Heart Of It All" really shouldn't be on that list. *ducks*
    I'm curious if maybe Richard made an exception on his "turning in random tunes as remixes" style and instead composed those two tracks specifically for Trent considering that they fit so well into the TDS era.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I'm curious if maybe Richard made an exception on his "turning in random tunes as remixes" style and instead composed those two tracks specifically for Trent considering that they fit so well into the TDS era.
    Listen to "We Have Arrived (QQT Mix)", "We Have Arrived (TTQ Mix)", and "2 Pcp 2 [unreleased Version]". Now imagine those tracks time stretched and pitch shifted with a few extra bits/etc -- "At The Heart Of It All".

I have messaged RDJ on SC for more info about the 2 tracks on FDTS, but I honestly don't expect to ever get a reponse.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    More fluke than anything. Section b of "Beauty" sounds more like a chilled out I Care Because You Do B-side than NIN, to me.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Has Trent slipped into a deep dark depression?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by placepinion View Post
    Has Trent slipped into a deep dark depression?
    Guy's busy at Apple, and I'd imagine he's spending time with his family for a while. Over the Summer (with the exception of the weeks leading to TF's birthday) I've stopped wondering when something will happen. No longer waiting and picking and picking and picking and picking and picking and picking and picking and picking and picking and aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh, now I sit back and will focus on it when something does happen, if or when he does feel like coming back.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    Guy's busy at Apple, and I'd imagine he's spending time with his family for a while. Over the Summer (with the exception of the weeks leading to TF's birthday) I've stopped wondering when something will happen. No longer waiting and picking and picking and picking and picking and picking and picking and picking and picking and picking and aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh, now I sit back and will focus on it when something does happen, if or when he does feel like coming back.
    Yeah, Trent had a big hand (and a lot of behind the scenes work) with Apple Music's creation. And his kids are that that prime age where you'd want to spend a lot of time with them (like when JOSH FREESE left). Add in rumors of a Fight Club musical, and the possibility of working on a few projects that are still in the works, not to mention the end of the day possibility of making new music for any number of possible things (now that Trent has branched out to movies and video games, as well as being a permanent member in two bands).
    There are a lot of things he could be working on.
    Or he could be taking some time to relax.

Either way, we will find out about things whenever we do. And in the meantime, all we can do is speculate. And I know we will.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I just put it on shuffle and see what happens, although I've done mixes with them before where I'll organize them into a specific order.
    Care to share any particular order that worked well for you?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

@misternegative don't forget "Driver Down"! The sax compels you.
    I love Driver Down! And really, Lost Highway in general. That was/is a great fucking movie.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just am unable to grasp how to undertake all of the instrumentals and weave them into a cohesive playlist that isn't some sort of copout chronological order.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    How long has that boat image been at the top of nin.com that seems to recall the cover of Still?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    How long has that boat image been at the top of nin.com that seems to recall the cover of Still?
    I believe it's a shot from when TGWTDT was filmed? So, probably since then?

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    I believe it's a shot from when TGWTDT was filmed? So, probably since then?
    You totally meant Gone Girl