Page 149 of 216 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 199 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,470 of 6457

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not sure where to ask this but does anyone know when the Apple Music update comes? Is it with the new IOS10? They're saying that IOS10 update comes out tomorrow so does that mean new Apple Music tomorrow? I'm naively assuming new Apple Music = new NIN.
    Last edited by stevejohnson; 09-12-2016 at 02:14 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevejohnson View Post
    Not sure where to ask this but does anyone know when the Apple Music update comes? Is it with the new IOS10? They're saying that IOS10 update comes out tomorrow so does that mean new Apple Music tomorrow? I'm naively assuming new Apple Music = new NIN.
    I haven't heard anything saying the redesigned Apple Music is not included in the iOS 10, so I think it is safe to assume it will be included with the update tomorrow.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    I haven't heard anything saying the redesigned Apple Music is not included in the iOS 10, so I think it is safe to assume it will be included with the update tomorrow.
    Yes, Apple Music update is included and should be available at 1:00 pm ET. That's based on http://www.iphonehacks.com/2016/09/i...ease-time.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Yes, Apple Music update is included and should be available at 1:00 pm ET. That's based on http://www.iphonehacks.com/2016/09/i...ease-time.html
    God, I sure hope we get something NIN related with this!

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    My question:
    Out of the hundreds of thousands of bootlegs, torrents, YouTube videos, "remasters" etc. of NIN's legendary performance at Woodstock '94, which one has the absolute BEST audio and video?
    I'm guessing the definitive remaster is the one done by an engineer named Kevin Carafa in 2013. See the first download source on this page: http://ninlive.com/shows/1994/19940813.html

There was also a new master uploaded in 2014 by a YouTube channel called Music Vault, who had licensing rights and obviously got hold of a more original source than Kevin did, but I think the resolution is probably inferior?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay.. seeing as tomorrow is the day we're supposed to not get "Dive and Slam", I was bored and digging through the ASCAP repertory and found a registration for "George Michael Sports Machine". Can't find any sort of credits or information as to whooooo did the music but please... PLEASE let us add this musical gem to the collection of "unreleased NIN"...

Just noticed I didn't phrase that in the form of a question... so... anybody?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Could Dive and Slam be a track off the Before the Flood score? Dive could certainly fit but not sure about Slam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Or GMSM (Version)...

And even more digging shows that he did work for WWE Raw? It's interesting to see all the "Song 3" and "Song 11"s as well as "Vacation Berlin" and "Vacation Beijing" with Atticus.
    Last edited by m33k; 09-15-2016 at 02:50 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I thought about starting a thread where everyone could post their favorite NIN remixes. Is there already one in existence? I'm especially thinking about remixes that aren't "officialy" released but distributed through YouTube/Soundcloud/remix.nin.com etc.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    I surely wasn't expecting anything nin related to be announced or released with the update, but the fact that there was nothing at all. No tweet about it, "connect" comments, interview, etc. really makes me wonder how involved Trent is with this. Not to mention that I think the redesign is not the best. I found it much more user friendly before and I am not really happy with it now. I didn't find it as bad as everyone made it out to be originally. Granted it has only been a couple days... maybe I'll get used to it. In all honesty though I really like Spotify and even with a subscription to Apple Music I only ever use it for exclusives or to hear new releases a little early as they seem to be available on Apple Music a few hours before Spotify. Spotify has a much better UI in my opinion and I like being able to more easily steam to devices in my house.

Did Trent comment on the redesign recently or is it known how much input he had? Just curious.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Heres a question for the diehard completists....what are the NIN "remix" songs where TR actually recorded or used different/alternate vocal tracks...Obviously "closer to god' was a different vocal track...any others that arent just speculation? I always assumed HLAH "opal" mix was a dif vocal track as well...thoughts? opinions? facts?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Did Trent comment on the redesign recently or is it known how much input he had? Just curious.
    Yeah IIRC he said he was "too busy working on getting Dive & Slam finished" to have any time to work on this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

does anyone have an HD picture of the bloodcells on the screen at the 1:07 mark?

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    Heres a question for the diehard completists....what are the NIN "remix" songs where TR actually recorded or used different/alternate vocal tracks...Obviously "closer to god' was a different vocal track...any others that arent just speculation? I always assumed HLAH "opal" mix was a dif vocal track as well...thoughts? opinions? facts?
    TDTWWA single has a different take than the album version.

Been a while, but I think the versions of Terrible Lie on HLAH are different vocals than what's on PHM.

Related: The surround version of Big Man With a Gun on TDS: DE has almost completely different instrumentation - guessing the masters are missing.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    TDTWWA single has a different take than the album version.
    which, to me, is a far superior take compared to the one used on the album.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Right Where It Belongs V2 is also a different vocal take...also superior..in my humble opinion...always thought Art of Self Destruction Part 1 was a different vocal take as well
    Last edited by billpulsipher; 09-20-2016 at 02:11 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    I think a couple tracks on Year Zero Remixed have different vocal tracks. The Great Destroyer and Survivalism, maybe another one. I can't remember since it's been a while since I listened to it.

Also, not sure if you count it, but Starsuckers has a different vocal in the bridge.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Related: The surround version of Big Man With a Gun on TDS: DE has almost completely different instrumentation - guessing the masters are missing.
    Shit. I'd never considered the results of that. Also helps understand why there's no instrumental of it on remix.nin.com.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    There are of course some different vocals on "All The Pigs, All Lined Up" and the deconstructed version of "The Fragile" has some different vocals on the quiet section at least. And I think any song on FDTS that says "recreated" by Nine Inch Nails is completely re-recorded.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Shit. I'd never considered the results of that. Also helps understand why there's no instrumental of it on remix.nin.com.
    Same with "Ruiner". No instrumental was released for it, and, if you listen to the 5.1 version closely, there is an extra bassline added to the "trumpety synths" part in the choruses (the same one that is heard right after the guitar solo at the end). This can't be a coincidence!!!

I think a couple tracks on Year Zero Remixed have different vocal tracks. The Great Destroyer and Survivalism, maybe another one. I can't remember since it's been a while since I listened to it.
    I don't think so. It sounds like Alessandro just pitch-shifted the vocals so they fit into his own chord progression. I vaguely remember reading an interview of him saying he was nervous about fiddling with the vocals, worrying that Trent wouldn't like it. Of course, he did. And, when Ally pulled off the same altered vocal trick with his The Space In Between remix, the live incarnation of HTDA (which featured Ally, no less) performed the remix instead of the actual album version. If only NIN performed the TGD remix live... but I digress.

And Survivalism, I'm guessing you're referring to one of the two Saul Williams remixes, which featured extra rapping by Saul, but was on the UK 9" Vinyl Survivalism single, not YZR.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Is that a sample of the Ecto-1's (Ghostbusters car) siren at 7:51?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    It sounds like a person's voice, not a siren.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Anybody know what happened to the remix artist Dirty Scarab? Some of his Year Zero stuff really impacted my love of this band; I'd love to know whatever it is he's doing these days.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I always wondered about the exact meaning of "Me, I'm Not". Like, literally that part where he sings "Me, I'm Not". He's not ... what exactly? I can't make any sense out of this.

The whole song is kind of mysterious to me. I really like to listen to it, but I don't get the narrative. At all.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    I always wondered about the exact meaning of "Me, I'm Not". Like, literally that part where he sings "Me, I'm Not". He's not ... what exactly? I can't make any sense out of this.

The whole song is kind of mysterious to me. I really like to listen to it, but I don't get the narrative. At all.
    Isn't that one about the drug that makes killing people indistinguishable from fucking? So suddenly the guy just loves killing people?

Idon't know, that's what I've always thought

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    Isn't that one about the drug that makes killing people indistinguishable from fucking? So suddenly the guy just loves killing people?

Idon't know, that's what I've always thought
    Well, I should've figured!

Seriously though, how do you know that, if you were not following the Year Zero storyline / ARG and stuff? Maybe I'm just bad at understanding lyrics, but I would've never guessed that.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    Well, I should've figured!

Seriously though, how do you know that, if you were not following the Year Zero storyline / ARG and stuff?
    I have no idea. I did follow the Year Zero stuff so I guess I just put it together in my head. I imagine understanding Year Zero without having done that would be quite hard, there's no real narrative to it and the artwork/liner notes don't really give you anything to go on.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Is Trent Reznor a member or reader on this forum ?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Trent allegedly had an account on the forum before the reset some years ago (Levi can probably confirm/deny this proper) but as for right now there's no way to know if he does have an account here. However, I'm quite sure he's at least aware of what's discussed or checks in from time to time. Now whether or not he cares​ is another matter entirely.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Maybe. Maybe not. Probably not. God I hope not.