Page 164 of 216 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 162 163 164 165 166 174 214 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,920 of 6457

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Does anybody know why nincatalog.org hasn't updated since hesitation marks?? We've had a few releases since then!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Anyone have details on the artwork included with the 2017 Definitive Editions of "broken" & "the downward spiral"?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I ordered Pretty Hate Machine on vinyl from Amazon the other day and when I received it I was surprised to find it is nothing more than a slip cover with the record inside. I thought all versions have a foldout with lyrics, or at least an insert? I can't seem to find the version I got on nincatalog.com. It's made by Bicycle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I ordered Pretty Hate Machine on vinyl from Amazon the other day and when I received it I was surprised to find it is nothing more than a slip cover with the record inside. I thought all versions have a foldout with lyrics, or at least an insert? I can't seem to find the version I got on nincatalog.com. It's made by Bicycle.
    I may be wrong, but perhaps you have the 2011 version, which was essentially a reprint of the original? This came out a year after the Bicycle remaster and I think Trent actually told everyone at the time not to buy it as it was a cash grab and not the recent remaster.

Funnily enough, I purchased the 2010 Bicycle remaster through Ebay a couple of days ago as the version on Amazon UK is the 2011 version. The 2010 Bicycle version was on the NIN UK store briefly but has sold out, hence me going down the Ebay route. It has Get Down Make Low tacked on the end as a bonus track. It is not the greatest pressing in the world, so I am thinking about sending it back. But the sound quality is sublime and much batter than the infamous brickwalled CD version. It is a double album with gatefold sleeve and a lyric sheet insert. Side 4 is completely blank.

Hope this helps!

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    Does anybody know why nincatalog.org hasn't updated since hesitation marks?? We've had a few releases since then!
    There was a changing of the guards a ways back from the guy who used to update it. He was moving, or getting married, or both, or something like that, and he said was stepping down from being the admin. Someone then took over, which is why the sort by columns all got change and everything is stuck in one listing format. After that, they new guy added a few things sporadically, and then stopped.

I don't see it being updated in the near future, but i could be wrong. Discogs way more up to date, just about every known release is up there, so I have been using that for a few years. I almost never go to NIN catalog anymore.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    On further investigation, I just found this:

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfilian View Post
    I may be wrong, but perhaps you have the 2011 version, which was essentially a reprint of the original? This came out a year after the Bicycle remaster and I think Trent actually told everyone at the time not to buy it as it was a cash grab and not the recent remaster.

Funnily enough, I purchased the 2010 Bicycle remaster through Ebay a couple of days ago as the version on Amazon UK is the 2011 version. The 2010 Bicycle version was on the NIN UK store briefly but has sold out, hence me going down the Ebay route. It has Get Down Make Low tacked on the end as a bonus track. It is not the greatest pressing in the world, so I am thinking about sending it back. But the sound quality is sublime and much batter than the infamous brickwalled CD version. It is a double album with gatefold sleeve and a lyric sheet insert. Side 4 is completely blank.

Hope this helps!
    It's odd though. This is the only Bicycle (non-remastered) version I see on discogs and it includes an insert or fold out: https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Na...elease/9154868

Edit: And according to that it says it is the remastered version. Did they repress the remaster, remove GDML and put it in the original sleeve?
    Last edited by imail724; 07-17-2017 at 09:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    It's odd though. This is the only Bicycle (non-remastered) version I see on discogs and it includes an insert or fold out: https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Na...elease/9154868

Edit: And according to that it says it is the remastered version. Did they repress the remaster, remove GDML and put it in the original sleeve?
    That's odd. As far as I was concerned, this was the only version of the Bicycle remaster on vinyl: https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Na...elease/2580092

I honestly don't think the remaster was ever released on vinyl (or CD for that matter) without GDML or without the updated artwork but maybe I'm wrong. I thought the 2011 version was the original album repressed, hence Trent's disapproval.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfilian View Post
    That's odd. As far as I was concerned, this was the only version of the Bicycle remaster on vinyl: https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Na...elease/2580092

I honestly don't think the remaster was ever released on vinyl (or CD for that matter) without GDML or without the updated artwork but maybe I'm wrong. I thought the 2011 version was the original album repressed, hence Trent's disapproval.
    I wonder if the version I have is the one that was included in that RSD Halo I-IV box set they talked a few years ago? Anyone have pictures of the PHM from that set to compare to? Discogs has pictures of the front and back but I can't tell if it has an insert or not.
    Last edited by imail724; 07-17-2017 at 04:51 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by walking_shade View Post
    Can anyone share the links to Trent's old Spotify playlists, such as his driving music, etc? They don't appear to be showing on his profile. Thanks
    He was also on blip.fm for the 90s seconds that was popular: https://blip.fm/trent_reznor

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    If I'm posting this in the wrong place, apologies.

Does anybody know where I could purchase the 2014 UK tour t-shirt? No dates or anything, just black with the NIN logo on the front with a red/blue 3D effect surrounding it. I had one, but it seems to have somehow made it's way to the bin when I was in the process of moving city and I'm gutted. I know it used to be up on the NIN store, but not anymore (lol).

Thanks.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    anyone have a link to Trent's really goofy yelling at the end of a March of the Pigs back in 2014ish? He sounded like a hairmetal singer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have no idea where to post this, so:

Has anyone bought and already received this shirt? https://store.nin.com/collections/cl...logo-black-tee

Is it one of those old school stiff "beefy hanes" shirts or is it more of a modern day soft shirt?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    anyone have a link to Trent's really goofy yelling at the end of a March of the Pigs back in 2014ish? He sounded like a hairmetal singer
    I can only imagine that he intentionally looks and sounds ridiculous because he's in Germany, his least favorite country to play in.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I can only imagine that he intentionally looks and sounds ridiculous because he's in Germany, his least favorite country to play in.

That "YEAH!" at the end absolutely murders me every single time. It's perfect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    That "YEAH!" at the end absolutely murders me every single time. It's perfect.
    it reminds me of Diet Dr. Pepper's "The Sweet One!"

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Any ideas on what the most improvisational moment in NIN's live career is? They're obviously a very rigid and structured band when they play live so I'm curious as to what the most "jammy" moments they have are... LITS Piggy? Some of the The Great Destroyer breakdowns?

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Could be the ending of Happiness in Slavery circa 1994/95

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Alight. Where's that video or interview transcript of how Timothy Leary said Trent Reznor was the most depressed individual he'd ever met?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    Alight. Where's that video or interview transcript of how Timothy Leary said Trent Reznor was the most depressed individual he'd ever met?
    It's from an interview with Al Jourgensen. Here's the relevant bit via The NIN Hotline:

Interviewer: What was it like being friends with Trent Reznor? (Nine Inch Nails)

Al Jourgensen: Let me put it this way... Trent bought a house right above Tim's [Timothy Leary] house, literally you could see his house from 100 yards up. And I finally talked Tim into having Trent over for one of them dinners [Leary's dinner parties]. After about two hours, Tim took me aside and told me, he goes, "That's the most miserable, depressed human being I've ever met," and he didn't go back there after that.

Mike Scaccia: That's pretty crazy, because we were pretty miserable back then.
    (laughter)

A: We were outgoing miserable...

M: Yeah, yeah, yeah.

A: (makes wilting gesture) ...total miserable angst, I mean, I'd love to see like Trent and Morrissey play Russian Roulette and see which one of them shoots themself first...
    (laughter)

M: That would be awesome.

A: That'd be awesome.

I: It's a win-win situation.
    (laughter)

A: Yeah, exactly. (laughter)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    edited to add a question:
    Now that the official Nine Inch nails remix website has been taken offline, is it still legal to distribute any remix a person once made using the legally downloaded tracks to different websites so that other people can listen to them ?

"Maybe i was wrong about germany all this time. You are all good pigs".

High quality and in full (i hope it is allowed to link this): http://ninlive.com/shows/2009/20090621.html

Last edited by Detunez; 07-23-2017 at 11:30 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    what do you make of this?
    found under the description for preorder of Broken vinyl
    REMASTERED IN 2016 ON 180GRAM VINYL WITH REMASTERED ARTWORK + SECRETS INCLUDED.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Probably has a second 7" with the bonus tracks included

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Any ideas on what the most improvisational moment in NIN's live career is? They're obviously a very rigid and structured band when they play live so I'm curious as to what the most "jammy" moments they have are... LITS Piggy? Some of the The Great Destroyer breakdowns?
    One suggestion:

"Echoplex" goes kinda wrong back in 2008 in Calgary.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    so a random thought;
    let's say there was some kind of a special nin-(? ETS)exclusive show that took place in alkatraz type island facility or a cruise ship, something not easily accessible to anybody not having a ticket, and say it was an event that lasted 3 days...and separate set lists for say 2 nights of (total) play time. tickets being super limited, how much would you pay for such an exclusive type of an event?

so now let's add tiers for ticket sales and for each ticket sold at a price of $xxxx.xx VIP dollars, you would be able to choose (1) song for the setlist...and an exclusive t-shirt that had printed on it the name of the song you chose..
    Last edited by muse-lyre candy; 07-24-2017 at 03:04 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    This is a wild shot but I'll ask anwyay, anyone know what amp/effects Josh Eustis was using on the song "Somewhat Damaged"?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eichalvindore View Post
    so a random thought;
    let's say there was some kind of a special nin-(? ETS)exclusive show that took place in alkatraz type island facility or a cruise ship, something not easily accessible to anybody not having a ticket, and say it was an event that lasted 3 days...and separate set lists for say 2 nights of (total) play time. tickets being super limited, how much would you pay for such an exclusive type of an event?

so now let's add tiers for ticket sales and for each ticket sold at a price of $xxxx.xx VIP dollars, you would be able to choose (1) song for the setlist...and an exclusive t-shirt that had printed on it the name of the song you chose..

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eichalvindore View Post
    so a random thought;

It would sell awfully (there's not enough ETS active members), how would you stop everyone just signing up once the word god out, Leviathant would die.
    I'd happily pay for an intimate gig, but fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK exclusivity things, no fan is more important than another.

And just to rain on the parade more: choosing a song will change the whole setlist, it'll change the flow and sound. And when people choose the really rare and complex ones (Memorabilia into And All That Could Have Been) it'll just sound weird. Premium to choose the encore maybe, but not the set itself

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Is the following synthesizer being used by NIN, or only by Cortini for different project ?

https://somasynths.com/lyra-organismic-synthesizer/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    random:
    if anyone is interested in heading a 'meet-up' in New Orleans
    I would DEF use that NIN-excuse to justify a visit..
    and blasphemy, there doesn't even have to be NIN playing-gasps*

say is there still that monster music thing in October?
    (many yrs ago before voodoo festival-wasn't there a 'scary monsters' small nola underground thing circa late 90's?)

I haven't been back in nola since 2002
    now every time i read or hear nola my insides get all knotted up like it's a visit passed due

-
    also anyone know to where i may send a poster to be signed (by NIN) for my son's 16th bday present? recording studio? record label? next event addy?