Page 19 of 216 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 ... LastLast

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    How long has Josh really been working with TR?

In my opinion, his comments have NIN written all over them. Keep in mind HTDA was 99% finished in February 2012 (not 2013). TR has had plenty of time to put together new NIN music. Thoughts?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Does anyone know of / have a version of Closer (Thrust) that will play on an iPod? (The version on remix.nin.com - which is the only one I know of - will not play beyond the first few seconds due to some sort of encoding error.)

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Well, he was on Things Falling Apart...so it's been almost thirteen years now.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    How long has Josh really been working with TR?

In my opinion, his comments have NIN written all over them. Keep in mind HTDA was 99% finished in February 2012 (not 2013). TR has had plenty of time to put together new NIN music. Thoughts?
    Trent does stuff other than make music - aside from Beats, he has like, a life and family and probably a tamagotchi. Having time not making HTDA doesn't mean time making NIN.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepless View Post
    Does anyone know of / have a version of Closer (Thrust) that will play on an iPod? (The version on remix.nin.com - which is the only one I know of - will not play beyond the first few seconds due to some sort of encoding error.)
    Try this one: http://n-axtiweb.net/blogdl/Closer%20Thrust%20Remix.mp3

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Trent does stuff other than make music - aside from Beats, he has like, a life and family and probably a tamagotchi. Having time not making HTDA doesn't mean time making NIN.
    I dont expect new NIN any time soon (and frankly, I'd rather wait a while anyway - any music he puts out now is just going to sound like HTDA and soundtrack stuff anyway) but to be fair.. it IS his full-time job, usually. I doubt he's taking too much time off.

But then again now he's doing full time NIN rehearsals so yeah.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    "There isn't any new material to play except from a couple of tracks Adrian (Belew, King Crimson guitarist and new member of Nine Inch Nails) and I started experimenting on that were intended to go on a greatest hits record. We decided to push that back to 2014, and there's no new record scheduled at this point."
    http://www.nme.com/news/nine-inch-nails/70322
    So, no.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So Trent facebook-likes The Human Centipede. Kinda not so strange.

EDIT: shit, wrong place.
    Last edited by Fangster_; 05-16-2013 at 11:59 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    "There isn't any new material to play except from a couple of tracks Adrian (Belew, King Crimson guitarist and new member of Nine Inch Nails) and I started experimenting on that were intended to go on a greatest hits record. We decided to push that back to 2014, and there's no new record scheduled at this point."
    http://www.nme.com/news/nine-inch-nails/70322
    So, no.
    Yeah, but then it was revealed he was recording with the Kronos Quartet and he started posting pictures of mixing boards to his Instagram, so who are we going to believe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I believe the excuse given for him not producing the new QOTSA album is that he's working on a new nails album.

I think it's certain he is, how long he's gonna take with it and when he plans to release it is entirely up to him at this stage.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    So I'm trying to unfuck my YouTube account(s) so I can post complete shows again and I'm finding online that the problem may be that I'm no longer "in good standing" due to some matched third party content claims against me, which apparently can have restrictions placed upon accounts in the form of upload limits.

The interesting thing is that EVERY SINGLE ONE of the matched third party content claims is from the fucking NIN/JA tour!

Has anyone else had any issues with their footage from the tour?

Click the following text to check your account for copyright claims and strikes.

Anyway, thanks to the NIN/JA tour's open taping policy and the all the creative commons stuff going on with the NIN camp in the last several years this comes as a bit of a surprise. But I think I've got a decent shot at disputing these claims.

Could anyone here tell me how you've dealt with this successfully, pass along some advice, or maybe just give me the best, and most official link about the policy so I can forward it to YouTube's admins and get this resolved?

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

:-\

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Is there a list anywhere of who has played the most shows with NIN? I assume Robin is #1 on the list, but the full list would be neat.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    That doesn't actually tell me about the number of shows though. Being a NIN member in 2003 doesn't mean anything, but being a member in 94 means a huge amount.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furie_Zacharias View Post
    Does anybody have the gif of Trent blowing out candles (whilst playing piano during the MTV/Still sessions) for me?
    Anybody? I would like this as well.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...eznor-19991014

This article has a quote from Trent talking about the keyboardist that was with the band for the Dance Party USA "performance". Was that Nick Rushe or Gary Talpas? He calls the guy a "fucking idiot", and I can't really picture him saying that about Talpas, so I guess it's Rushe, but I figured someone might know for sure.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    That doesn't actually tell me about the number of shows though. Being a NIN member in 2003 doesn't mean anything, but being a member in 94 means a huge amount.
    By my count, Robin has played around 383 shows. There's probably some oddball shows that I need to account for, but that's a basic figure based on the number of dates found on Wikipedia for each tour that he's been a part of.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post

This article has a quote from Trent talking about the keyboardist that was with the band for the Dance Party USA "performance". Was that Nick Rushe or Gary Talpas? He calls the guy a "fucking idiot", and I can't really picture him saying that about Talpas, so I guess it's Rushe, but I figured someone might know for sure.
    Probably David Haymes.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post

I dunno what to think. We know Dance Party USA was taped/aired sometime between Nov. 20 and Dec. 2, 1989.

However, as of Dec 9, they still had Gary Talpas on keyboards, cause we have him on video playing them.

But the guy on Dance Party looks nothing like Talpas. If anything, he looks like Lee Mars.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Has anyone ever gotten a response back from support@store.nin.com regarding a purchase?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    can someone translate this?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Are there any PDFs or scans of the Fragility & With Teeth tour books?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Are there any PDFs or scans of the Fragility & With Teeth tour books?
    hmmm. not that I know of personally, but to whoever finds them or makes them, we should find a way to add a pdf zip file to NIN catalog (if Andrew approves)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbookpress1984 View Post
    hmmm. not that I know of personally, but to whoever finds them or makes them, we should find a way to add a pdf zip file to NIN catalog (if Andrew approves)
    oh man, my fragility book is at home, but I value that thing like the holy grail
    I have the With Teeth book here but I can't think of a way to scan it without destroying it

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    oh man, my fragility book is at home, but I value that thing like the holy grail
    I have the With Teeth book here but I can't think of a way to scan it without destroying it
    If you have an industrial type copier you could scan one page at a tie and hang the others of the side, of course, I don't know if that will mess up the spine in the process. Be careful

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    mine's not nearly as precious but it's still in fantastic shape. if i can get my scanner up and running i'll be able to do it.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    That would be awesome I was thinking the exact same thing as Blackbook. I was messing around on NIN Catalog and was hoping that there were scans of these somewhere as I will probably never see one in person.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure there's a pdf of the Fragility tour book online somewhere.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The Fragility Tour Book is around the web somewhere.

You can google this : "dockseek fragility tour book"
    Last edited by PhoenixML; 05-31-2013 at 05:24 PM.