Page 209 of 216 FirstFirst ... 109 159 199 207 208 209 210 211 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,270 of 6457

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Does anyone remember what the deluxe edition of ghosts that came with the LPs, CDs, blu-ray, and signed print originally sold for?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Does anyone remember what the deluxe edition of ghosts that came with the LPs, CDs, blu-ray, and signed print originally sold for?
    $300

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    here is confirmation of the $300 https://www.nin.wiki/Ghosts_I%E2%80%93IV

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I've been enjoying Broken a lot lately and was thinking about how it's an EP. However, when adding Physical and Suck, it is 32 minutes, and therefore considered album length. Bad Witch barely clocked in over 30 minutes, and TR made a big fuss about how it was an album and not an EP. I know originally the extra tracks were on the separate disc, but in most every case, those tracks are present in the package one way or another. Just wondering what others thoughts are on this. I'm guessing there was some reasoning behind it back in 92, and maybe it's just easier to stick with that.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Physical and Suck were originally supposed to be a single release that came out during the first Lollapalooza tour, but TVT interfered with those plans. Trent felt like those tracks were more accessible than the rest of Broken and didn't quite fit in, which is why they are kept apart. The tracks are technically part of the album, but the album "ends" with Gave Up. Taking that into account, it makes sense why it would be considered an EP since it's just over twenty minutes long without those two tracks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    also trent didn’t do a fuss about bad witch he just said its an lp so it pops up on spotify at the front

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulgaren View Post
    also trent didn’t do a fuss about bad witch he just said its an lp so it pops up on spotify at the front
    Yeah that's all there is to it, Reznor was dissatisfied that despite releasing new music, Spotify would put it in the back because it was considered an EP and not a "proper" full album. Which, I believe, made Reznor think "that's complete and utter bullshit". It completely stupid, nowadays, to just silently put an EP in the artist's catalog without putting it up front. It's new music, fans are subscribed to get the news, nobody cares if it's 10 minutes short or 3 hours long.

Especially on streaming platforms, where people notoriously come to get tracks, not albums. Prioritizing LPs makes no sense in that context.

Concerning Broken, I similarly don't care. It's a proper album, self-containing, it didn't need to linger, just a quick and intense kick in the face and done. Perfect.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Wasn't there some post of some kind a while back where someone asked Trent if he had plans to release Still on vinyl and he essentially, buy coyly (as is tradition), said yes?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Did anyone archive the 2009 NIN warehouse auctions? I have the chance to get soMe equipment and want to try to find out if it’s genuine.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by REPLICA View Post
    Did anyone archive the 2009 NIN warehouse auctions? I have the chance to get soMe equipment and want to try to find out if it’s genuine.
    I found this one: http://theslip.apocalyptech.com/ninebay/

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyract View Post
    Much appreciated!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Driving me crazy, I can't find the good full length video clip we have of the band's vocal warmup circle.
    I know we got little clips of one in Josh Freese's "my life on tour with NIN" video, but I know we at some point got a full watch everyone gather for the circle (I think it was at the "last show" on the Wave Goodbye tour?) and the circle forms and they do their round of noise... I THOUGHT it was bonus footage on Another Version of the Truth but can't seem to find it now.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyract View Post
    Oh man a Moog 201 for 400 bucks!
    http://theslip.apocalyptech.com/nine...chive/338.html

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Have the contents of the Ghosts I-IV commentary CD from the Japanese version been archived online? Can't seem to find it.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Have the contents of the Ghosts I-IV commentary CD from the Japanese version been archived online? Can't seem to find it.
    I didn't even know about this until now. I just ordered a copy and will upload it if no one beats me to it.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Someone uploaded mp3s of it on a torrent site years and years ago. I have those if anyone wants them.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    I've been enjoying Broken a lot lately and was thinking about how it's an EP. However, when adding Physical and Suck, it is 32 minutes, and therefore considered album length. Bad Witch barely clocked in over 30 minutes, and TR made a big fuss about how it was an album and not an EP. I know originally the extra tracks were on the separate disc, but in most every case, those tracks are present in the package one way or another. Just wondering what others thoughts are on this. I'm guessing there was some reasoning behind it back in 92, and maybe it's just easier to stick with that.
    Kind of funny that I posted this about Broken being and EP and then I get this rare first press with the hype sticker saying "This is an EP".

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    I've just uploaded wav, flac, and mp3 of these to the music page of nindestruct.com, under Misc.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I don’t follow Maynard’s projects. Anyone recognize this?
    Last edited by buckaroo; 09-24-2022 at 12:13 PM.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    I don’t follow Maynard’s projects. Anyone recognize this?
    Obviously fake/fanmade. Sounds like parts of NIN's In Two and Puscifer's Flippant mixed together.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Does anyone else feel like we're witnessing The Beginning of the End of NIN as we know it?

I mean, Jesus... The sheer fan service of the setlists, the bringing out Richard Patrick, some of the stuff Trent said during the Fan Day thing?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I feel you, but remember what Lizzy Goodman said during the Q&A. She brought out that quote from TR's Rock Hall acceptance speech two years ago...

"This journey’s far from over, if I have any say in it, so let’s stop fucking around, patting ourselves on the back, and get to it. Hope to see you all in the flesh soon. Thank you."

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    I feel you, but remember what Lizzy Goodman said during the Q&A. She brought out that quote from TR's Rock Hall acceptance speech two years ago...

"This journey’s far from over, if I have any say in it, so let’s stop fucking around, patting ourselves on the back, and get to it. Hope to see you all in the flesh soon. Thank you."
    And I feel YOU.
    But his RESPONSE included
    " I'm always thinking about the relevance of Nine Inch Nails, and IF it SHOULDn be continued? And if so, how to do that?"

Lest we forget: our Lord and Savior Mikey T-Rex is going on 60.

And I honestly think he's too classy to scream ,"fist fuck' for TOO many more years.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-25-2022 at 09:57 PM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    And I feel YOU.
    " I'm always thinking about the relevance of Nine Inch Nails, and IF it SHOULDn be continued? And if so, how to do that?"

Lest we forget: our Lord and Savior Mikey T-Rex is going on 60.

And I honestly think he's too classy to scream ,"fist fuck' for TOO many more years.
    Till Lindemann is 59 and still doing the Rammstein thing, so I don't think that's much of an issue.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Oh, I guess I didn't catch that. I wasn't feeling well while I was watching it.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Oh, I guess I didn't catch that. I wasn't feeling well while I was watching it.
    What do the set lists of late most.resemble?

Wave Goodbye, I think..

OR, is NIN just going to keep doing THIS, for ten more years or whatever?
    Pearl Jam has been doing it for a hot minute: pure fan service sets, for YEARS.

Good GOD though, how I'd love to see another LITS style show, indoors with the staggered LED walls, plus some.other more shit- newer technology.

My brother, who is a career lighting (and sometimes sound) guy, was actually MORE impressed by the sheer artistry on display with the MINIMAL use of lighting at C&B&I: like the giant shadows, for instance.

It's not as much fun, seeing a show with him as an adult, btw.
    Sometimes he'll be looking all pissed off at shows, and I'll ask him "what's wrong?! The set is great, the sound is great?" And he'll say "DON'T you see how shitty the lighting director is, though? If it were ME, I'd use 'blah blah blah industry jargon tech shit' (eleven no understand,) 'and FURTHERMORE, jargon jargon led spot lite color usage jargon jargon.'"

So hell. Idk. I want staggered LED walls.one more time.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Ok so, also: is Facebook Jerome Dillon fake?

He WAS friends with Atticus, but, no more.

I actually speak to Facebook JD on occasion, and some of you are mutual friends.

What's the score, here?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    What do the set lists of late most.resemble?

Wave Goodbye, I think..

OR, is NIN just going to keep doing THIS, for ten more years or whatever?
    Pearl Jam has been doing it for a hot minute: pure fan service sets, for YEARS.

Good GOD though, how I'd love to see another LITS style show, indoors with the staggered LED walls, plus some.other more shit- newer technology.

My brother, who is a career lighting (and sometimes sound) guy, was actually MORE impressed by the sheer artistry on display with the MINIMAL use of lighting at C&B&I: like the giant shadows, for instance.

It's not as much fun, seeing a show with him as an adult, btw.
    Sometimes he'll be looking all pissed off at shows, and I'll ask him "what's wrong?! The set is great, the sound is great?" And he'll say "DON'T you see how shitty the lighting director is, though? If it were ME, I'd use 'blah blah blah industry jargon tech shit' (eleven no understand,) 'and FURTHERMORE, jargon jargon led spot lite color usage jargon jargon.'"

So hell. Idk. I want staggered LED walls.one more time.
    To be honest, I never thought of these fast-and-loose Wave Goodbye type setlists as fan service, necessarily. I actually thought of it more as making it more fun and fresh for TR and the guys, and any fan enjoyment thereof would be icing on the cake. We know that TR got fatigued of the constant one-upping with technology and then maybe he realized that he could have a lot of personal artistic fulfillment with a loose production, especially with such a highly adaptable and multi-talented band.

With techy production vs bare bones, I think they both have equal merit and I don't have strong feelings either way. I think we can all appreciate the immense effort and attention to detail that TR puts into those techy productions, but I think there's also a whole lot of just... visceral value in the low-tech productions as well. Reminds me of how concerts used to be in the old days (90s and anytime before), when connection to the audience in the moment was paramount.

One touchstone that I always think of is R.E.M. and how they did tours during the late 80s and 90s, where it was just lighting and cool stuff being projected in the background. I love simple shit like that. I don't know why, but I do. On the other hand, you have all the cool innovations that U2 brought to the table during the 90s that really changed the entire game with concerts. Both approaches do something for me.

Another thing to consider is what will get and hold the audience's attention more in the current smartphone-dominated world. Will they pay more attention because they can marvel at technology, or is it better to be forced to focus on the music? I have no idea. And now I'm just plain rambling. LOL.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    To be honest, I never thought of these fast-and-loose Wave Goodbye type setlists as fan service, necessarily. I actually thought of it more as making it more fun and fresh for TR and the guys, and any fan enjoyment thereof would be icing on the cake. We know that TR got fatigued of the constant one-upping with technology and then maybe he realized that he could have a lot of personal artistic fulfillment with a loose production, especially with such a highly adaptable and multi-talented band.

With techy production vs bare bones, I think they both have equal merit and I don't have strong feelings either way. I think we can all appreciate the immense effort and attention to detail that TR puts into those techy productions, but I think there's also a whole lot of just... visceral value in the low-tech productions as well. Reminds me of how concerts used to be in the old days (90s and anytime before), when connection to the audience in the moment was paramount.

One touchstone that I always think of is R.E.M. and how they did tours during the late 80s and 90s, where it was just lighting and cool stuff being projected in the background. I love simple shit like that. I don't know why, but I do. On the other hand, you have all the cool innovations that U2 brought to the table during the 90s that really changed the entire game with concerts. Both approaches do something for me.

Another thing to consider is what will get and hold the audience's attention more in the current smartphone-dominated world. Will they pay more attention because they can marvel at technology, or is it better to be forced to focus on the music? I have no idea. And now I'm just plain rambling. LOL.
    Honestly, there were more lights at FDTS than there were at the last CBI, I think.

But it was done in SUCH an artistic manner.

I know SEVERAL career lighting guys: and hell, my brother was the LD for Bun B (UGK), and that was like ten years ago.

So, yeah. The recent NIN lighting has been a big hit with my friends and family who work in that industry.

And I DEEPLY enjoyed the two nites at Red Rocks, lighting included.

And now, I'M talking in circles.

But when NIN did the staggered LED walls? That was NEW. And everyone ripped it off.

I just...I think they MIGHT have ONE more mind blowing, industry changing light show in their future.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-26-2022 at 07:19 PM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Honestly, I don't see them doing another show in the style of Lights In The Sky or Tension. First off, shows like that require some serious funding, especially these days. Trent & Atticus could hop back on a label to do it like they did with Hesitation Marks, but are they going to want to do that? I'm not sure. Second: that sort of production limits where you can perform, and it limits WHAT you can perform. You're very locked in, and I have to assume that Trent & Atticus have enjoyed the freedom that has come with minimal production. That's why they've been doing it since 2017. They also sounded pretty exhausted with having to compete with other bands production-wise when they first started performing with the current setup. It's a never-ending battle to be the biggest and flashiest, and maybe that sort of thing just isn't fun for them anymore. I could see them doing something different for future shows with more production, but I think the days of massive video screens are over. You can only blow up that balloon so much before it pops.