Page 210 of 216 FirstFirst ... 110 160 200 208 209 210 211 212 ... LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,300 of 6457

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Honestly, I don't see them doing another show in the style of Lights In The Sky or Tension. First off, shows like that require some serious funding, especially these days. Trent & Atticus could hop back on a label to do it like they did with Hesitation Marks, but are they going to want to do that? I'm not sure. Second: that sort of production limits where you can perform, and it limits WHAT you can perform. You're very locked in, and I have to assume that Trent & Atticus have enjoyed the freedom that has come with minimal production. That's why they've been doing it since 2017. They also sounded pretty exhausted with having to compete with other bands production-wise when they first started performing with the current setup. It's a never-ending battle to be the biggest and flashiest, and maybe that sort of thing just isn't fun for them anymore. I could see them doing something different for future shows with more production, but I think the days of massive video screens are over. You can only blow up that balloon so much before it pops.
    Robin's response to the pre-show ritual question was sort of telling. What made CB&I era stand out was the sheer unpredictability of the setlist and the number of tracks available (~85 unique vs 39 unique in 100+ shows in 2005). Robin said his ritual was essentially obsessing over the setlist, transitions, etc. That does not sound like someone having fun and sort of a candid take that might not normally make it out into the open. I think it's a pendulum swing, they had fun (and we did too) breaking the catalog open and enjoying the nostalgia. I read this as the next tour will be very new music centered, likely more structured and their enjoyment of playing new music will outweigh the eventual monotony of a fixed setlist.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    That does not sound like someone having fun and sort of a candid take that might not normally make it out into the open.
    I think that might be reading a little bit too much into what he said. It sounded like it was definitely work, but I imagine the challenge is part of the fun for them. I'm sure it keeps them on their toes at least. I think Robin was mainly saying that the pre-show rituals had changed since the early days. I doubt there's much of the grabassery that you saw on Closure going on before a show now. Everyone is older now, and I think they just want to put on the best show that they can.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Yes, given how much ground Robin has to cover in terms of keyboard and slide and different guitars (sometimes multiple changes even in one song) it's a lot to remember when the order of everything changes night to night. Not surprised he has to 'drill it' a bit right before they go on.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I read this as the next tour will be very new music centered, likely more structured and their enjoyment of playing new music will outweigh the eventual monotony of a fixed setlist.
    This makes me think of what TR said about what Bowie told him before they did that Outside tour: that he (Bowie) had this new record that he was excited about and that he was going to go out and play mostly that record, not the old hits, and that he realized that would probably bum a lot of people out. Knowing how many cues TR has taken from Bowie, I could see NIN doing something like that next time they tour.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    This makes me think of what TR said about what Bowie told him before they did that Outside tour: that he (Bowie) had this new record that he was excited about and that he was going to go out and play mostly that record, not the old hits, and that he realized that would probably bum a lot of people out. Knowing how many cues TR has taken from Bowie, I could see NIN doing something like that next time they tour.
    This reminds me of a Neil Young troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by story
    We were playing an album that he wanted to turn people on to that hadn’t been released. He was an icon already in England, everyone expected to hear his hits and he played none of them. He played the record from beginning to end starting with ‘Tonight’s The Night’, finishing with ‘Tonight’s The Night’. And the English audiences really were not… okay with it. They started yelling a lot, they started booing, they started complaining, whining, every show. He’d get to the end of the night and he’d say, ‘Alright, we’re going to play something you’ve all heard before’. And everyone would go crazy thinking it would be some Buffalo Springfield hit or whatever, and then we’d play ‘Tonight’s The Night’ again

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    This reminds me of a Neil Young troll.

You gotta love Neil, haha. I've met him a few times & while he was really nice to me (actually remembered me the second time) he can be surly. I have absolutely no problem if Trent wants to do something different in the future. He's pushing 60 & believe me that changes things. Some of the old songs would tend to look silly at that age. He's not the angry young man any more & that's fine with me. I love those old songs but for instance he didn't do Closer at one of the shows I saw & I didn't miss it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm new and I wasn't sure where to ask this. Does anyone know why hesitation marks is not on Canadian Spotify?(I'm not sure if it's missing in other countries) also it's been gone for years.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zur En Arrh View Post
    I'm new and I wasn't sure where to ask this. Does anyone know why hesitation marks is not on Canadian Spotify?(I'm not sure if it's missing in other countries) also it's been gone for years.
    Yeah, it was noted a couple years ago, but no one knows why.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Okay.. So, a couple of random questions.. Who can tell me how trent is associated with this release? Is this original work, or did she sample a tune from a nin source?

Charlotte-Lawrence Navy Blue
    https://www.discogs.com/release/1831...lotte-Acoustic

Also, many years ago, there was quite a bit of fan made dvd art made for everything from the broken movie, to night of nothing dvd. Has any of that stuff been preserved? If so can any one point me in that direction? Thanks much!

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by All_The_Spoils View Post
    Okay.. So, a couple of random questions.. Who can tell me how trent is associated with this release? Is this original work, or did she sample a tune from a nin source?

Charlotte-Lawrence Navy Blue
    https://www.discogs.com/release/1831...lotte-Acoustic
    It has some kind of interpolation of "Hurt".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I haven’t been around in a while so maybe this has been discussed but I recently watched the latest Season of Nightwatch.
    In one of the episodes they pick up a guy that says he used to be in NIN. I didn’t recognize him at all.
    Anyone else see this? I can let you know the episode if interested

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by becomingtom View Post
    I haven’t been around in a while so maybe this has been discussed but I recently watched the latest Season of Nightwatch.
    In one of the episodes they pick up a guy that says he used to be in NIN. I didn’t recognize him at all.
    Anyone else see this? I can let you know the episode if interested
    Please do, I'd be interested to see who is listed on IMDB...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Please do, I'd be interested to see who is listed on IMDB...
    It’s season 6 episode 4 In sync
    I know my NIN stuff and I didn’t recognize this guy at all.
    He may of actually said he was in Marilyn Manson as well. Can’t remember exactly watched it a while ago.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Imdb doesnt list patients, only the medics. But it's set in NoLa, so there may be connection

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by becomingtom View Post
    It’s season 6 episode 4 In sync
    If you have an appropriate cable package: https://play.aetv.com/shows/nightwat...on-6/episode-4

Edit: OK, so I just watched, and it's just a crazy homeless guy. He said he was in Marilyn Manson and also Nine Inch Nails. When they ask him what he did, he said Lead Guitar.

Last edited by TheBang; 10-05-2022 at 04:56 PM. Reason: watched the show

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ya I was pretty sure. But the people on the show believed him so I doubted myself.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Okay guys, I've got a wild one. I saw Roger Waters on Thursday in Austin and sat next to a guy who started chatting with me during the intermission. We were talking about the layout of the show which allowed the whole venue to be booked all the way around the stage, and I said that I hadn't seen anything like it since U2 did something similar a decade ago. Turns out he loves U2, so we're talking about U2 and he goes, "are you a fan of Nine Inch Nails?" Apparently he went to high school with Mark, Danny Lohner's brother. He said he didn't know Danny well, but thought it was super cool that he kinda sorta grew up with a guy who ended up in Nine Inch Nails.

So here's the wild part. Allegedly when Danny's father passed away, he, Trent Reznor, and Maynard Keenan made a studio cover of a U2 song for the wake. He told me what song, and I thought at the time "I'll remember this song when I post this on ETS," but here I am not remembering what song it was. I looked through their albums pre-2003 hoping it would jump out at me, but it didn't. Anyway, this guy was hanging out with Mark Lohner a few years later and he asks him if he wants to hear something cool and puts on this CD with this song on it and told him where it came from. This guy asks if he can borrow the CD and make a copy, but Mark told him that there's only a handful of copies made (five according to the concert-goer, though he could have been speaking figuratively) and that Maynard and Trent wouldn't like it if it leaked online.

I know a thousand stories exist about how a friend of a friend has this crazy never-before heard recording, but this seems legit. That night I was skeptical, but he didn't seem to know enough information about the people involved to be making it up. He didn't know TR's name, just that he was the singer for NIN, and he knew Maynard's first name, but possibly not who he was. He said, "what's the singer's name from Nine Inch Nails?" and I told him, then he said, "yeah, him and Danny and Maynard..." and I said, "Keenan? The singer from Tool?" and he said, "yeah, that's the guy." He said, "this was a long time ago, though, so I'm sure it's leaked online at this point. You should look it up if you want to hear it" At this point I tell him that I'm a huuuuge NIN fan and that I've got everything they've ever release plus a ton of stuff they haven't, and I let him know that I would totally know about this if it were out there, and I don't. He told me that now I've got a cool insider story to tell my friends, and I told him I was gonna post about it here and he laughed and said he'd love to see it uncovered.

Today I decided to do some research, like, does Danny have a brother named Mark, did their father pass away during a time period this story would check out, etc. Turns out that yes, Danny has an older brother named Mark, and their father passed away in 2003, which lines up to the Tapeworm era, when TR, MJK, and Danny Lohner were working together. And I also learned that Danny and his family are from Corpus Christi, Texas, which lines up with this guy growing up with Mark and also being at this show in Austin. So here's the question: does anyone hear have any information that could confirm or deny this? If confirmed, does anyone have this? I feel like it would be crazy if someone here had it and it wasn't out there, but I remember when +appendage wasn't available in lossless for literally 17 years until someone posted on here about wishing there was one and @Pyract jumped in and posted one. It would be cool to see if this is out there anywhere, and would be the only known finished recording of these three working together.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    So here's the question
    Several years ago (7? 10? something like that) someone on twitter posted a photo of CD-r that was labeled as Tapeworm cover of U2's A Sort of Homecoming. When asked if he can share the song, the guy said he'll ask Danny Lohner as he got the disc from him. That was as far as it ever went. The song didn't leak and I don't remember any further replies on this topic back then.

So no, it does not circulate if that's what you're asking.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Irrelevant..
    Last edited by All_The_Spoils; 10-19-2022 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Irrelevant..

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Did anyone order that Marvin magazine with Trent on the cover? It's been almost a month and I haven't received it or gotten a response to my email about it. Pretty messed up when they charge $15 to ship a $30 magazine.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    yes.

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post

I shelled out for the Marvin magazine spread, (I’m a sucker for holding the physical thing in my hands, whatever), and it wasn’t a particularly long or illuminating interview, but this one little bit towards the end was titillating.

(Hope the photo comes through okay)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Did you get it from their website or in a store? I'm just a little ticked off it's been three weeks since I spent $45 for a freaking magazine and I've heard nothing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Many years ago, there was quite a bit of fan made dvd art made for everything from the broken movie, to night of nothing dvd. Has any of that stuff been preserved? If so can any one point me in that direction? There was also a fellow that went by the tag "eatyoublud" that did a good deal of art back in the day. Does anyone know of him or how I may get in touch with him? Thanks much!

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by All_The_Spoils View Post
    There was also a fellow that went by the tag "eatyoublud" that did a good deal of art back in the day. Does anyone know of him or how I may get in touch with him
    Ah, yeah.... I'm sorry to say that he died about a decade ago. He brought the NIN community a lot of stuff, including that 5 hour Closer BTS footage.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Ah, yeah.... I'm sorry to say that he died about a decade ago. He brought the NIN community a lot of stuff, including that 5 hour Closer BTS footage.

v.v Damn.. I'm sorry to hear that... He certainly did bring a lotta great stuff to the community. I to this day have compiled interviews and other works he put together. Sucks he's gone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    but I remember when +appendage wasn't available in lossless for literally 17 years until someone posted on here about wishing there was one and @Pyract jumped in and posted one.
    WTF are you talking about?
    https://thepiratebay.org/description.php?id=3910728
    Here's an extant FLAC torrent from 2007, I originally downloaded the same torrent in 2005, probably from old demonoid.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Was there ever any reason given as to why Ilan wasn't in the Twin Peaks episode with the rest of the band? It was just so odd for them to use Joey Castillo.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    What would Patrick Bateman say about Nine Inch Nails?

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    What would Patrick Bateman say about Nine Inch Nails?
    "Hey Patrick, is that a Spoiler: red robe you're wearing?"
    "Yes it is! Hey Paul! Try to save yourself now, you little fucking pig!"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Was there ever any reason given as to why Ilan wasn't in the Twin Peaks episode with the rest of the band? It was just so odd for them to use Joey Castillo.
    I think Ilan was occupied with other stuff at the time - either The New Regime or Angels & Airwaves