Page 22 of 216 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 ... LastLast

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Why is 1,000,000 listed in Definitive NIN-The Singles now? I thought only Discipline and Echoplex were released prior to The Slip.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Random NIN Questions

When the hell are we going to see new promo pictures. As much as I like that black and white shot by Rob, I'm getting a little tired of it now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Random NIN Questions

Is the flaccid edit of "happiness in slavery" a unique mix or another name for a known mix? I ask because it isn't mentioned on ninwiki (song page) but is on halo page. The HIS promo cd is on eBay for £60 and counting.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    almost the same as on album, but a minute shorter; less repetitive towards the end. i only judge by an mp3, however. no censoring in this one for obvious reasons and i ain't bidding

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Why is 1,000,000 listed in Definitive NIN-The Singles now? I thought only Discipline and Echoplex were released prior to The Slip.
    There are a whole bunch of songs on it that were never really singles. It's more like a best of than a singles comp. It needs a more accurate title.
    Last edited by piggy; 06-21-2013 at 07:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What about the possibility of leaking the new material?
    how do leaks happen anyway?

Sent from my ShitPhone using Wank-a-talk

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroisGreg View Post
    What about the possibility of leaking the new material?
    how do leaks happen anyway?
    Either from the artist themselves to build hype, or from a trigger-happy individual who works at a pressing factory or mastering studio.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tetsuo - has anyone got this @ 320 kbps or in flac?
    Last edited by simonn; 06-22-2013 at 03:20 AM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Tetsuo - has anyone got this @ 320 kbps or in flac?
    I want this really badly in lossless. I haven't heard it yet.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Suggest you click on this then!

Last edited by simonn; 06-22-2013 at 05:52 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Suggests you click on this then!

TETSUOOOOOOO!!!!
    That song gets me fucking PUMPED. If you are nodding off driving, during a road trip, blast it. Will wake you up fast. Don't know how but the song is powerful in ways I can't describe.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Check your PM's regularly. That's my tip of the day.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Is the radio edit version of Came Back Haunted available anywhere? I want to play it on my college radio show tomorrow night

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    ???

Is there inappropriate lyrics in that song?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    ???

Is there inappropriate lyrics in that song?
    Radio edit doesn't mean clean edit, it simply means a version with slightly changed parts (usually intro and outro being shorter, sometimes rarely other parts will be changed too to be more "radio-friendly".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorny540 View Post
    Is the radio edit version of Came Back Haunted available anywhere? I want to play it on my college radio show tomorrow night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    That song gets me fucking PUMPED. If you are nodding off driving, during a road trip, blast it. Will wake you up fast. Don't know how but the song is powerful in ways I can't describe.
    not sure how i missed this release?? great track!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Does anyone have a decent scan/original.jpg version of the alternate "Every Day Is Exactly The Same" cover?

Looking for at least 600 x 600 to add as iTunes artwork.

THANK YOU, IMAIL724!
    Last edited by p_rez17; 06-24-2013 at 11:19 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    From the native English speaker's point of view, which NIN songs are considered an example of good lyrics (from both pre- and post-sober days)? I've seen here a lot of mockery and nitpicking towards certain songs, but rarely the opposite.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've long been interested in the samples that were on the Downward Spiral. I know Rob Sheridan made a list, but I believe that it was incomplete (for example, it didn't have 'The Elephant Man' sample in Ruiner and for the life of me I can't find the sample from TDS (the song) that he says was from Ridley Scott's "Alien"). So I was watching the old flick 'Candyman' and I heard a very familiar sound. At 44:12 in the film the white woman (sorry, forgot the names) wakes up with blood all over her body and the black woman is screaming in the background. The scream sounds a lot like one of the background samples in March of the Pigs. A few years back someone split up the 5.1 tracks I believe and there were some really cool textures there (MOTP Ch. 6 sample). I'm not sure if I'm right on this, but there is a strong similarity to me. I'd post them but I'm a moron with that kind of stuff. If anybody has a lot of time to waste, it might be a cool find. Anybody know of any other samples that haven't been mentioned before?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Does anyone know what company handles NIN tours? Past or present. I'm sure setting up the show is partially on the house crew and touring crew, but if the touring crew is part of a larger company, that information doesn't seem to get publicized as much.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    From the native English speaker's point of view, which NIN songs are considered an example of good lyrics (from both pre- and post-sober days)?
    I pretty much like them all, I'm trying to think of NIN lyrics that I didn't think were all that great, but the only thing I'm coming up with is "flip-flop-flip-flop-flip".
    Last edited by Flauros; 06-27-2013 at 05:14 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flauros View Post
    I pretty much like them all, I'm trying to think of NIN lyrics that I didn't think were all that great, but the only thing I'm coming up with is "flip-flop-flip-flop-flip".
    And that was paying homage to a Pere Ubu's song.

http://www.justsomelyrics.com/399269...vy-lyrics.html

I like most of NIN's lyrics too, but I think that the guys saying that Tren't lyrics are bad don't use to talk much shit about the lyrics in Broken and TDS, so I guess those albums have the less "laughable" lyrics.

Like I said, I like everything in TR's discography, but I think that those two albums don't have a single bad song, musically and lyrically. I don't think that the rest have bad songs either, but I understand when some people make fun of certain lyrics from PHM, The Fragile or A-With-A-teeth-Aaaahhh, even if I like said songs a lot (That's What I get, Deep, Starfuckers, etc).
    Last edited by Max Leo; 06-27-2013 at 05:45 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    From the native English speaker's point of view, which NIN songs are considered an example of good lyrics (from both pre- and post-sober days)? I've seen here a lot of mockery and nitpicking towards certain songs, but rarely the opposite.
    This is a subjective question, but I'd say:

Pre Sober:

Happiness in Slavery
    Ruiner
    And All that Could Have Been

Post Sober:

Home
    Zero Sum
    Lights in the Sky

As far as the mocking goes, I think a lot of us focused a lot time and energy into NIN in our youth and as we've gotten older and started listening to other artists with that same attention we see that Trent isn't the greatest lyric writer - BUT - that isn't to say they are inadequate lyrics. I always thought of NIN as utilitarian lyrics - they are to the point and have a purpose (for the most part), whereas other artists, like Nick Cave or Maynard, wrap the meaning and point in their lyrics with creative metaphors and analogies and 'dress up' the words a bit.

I love Trent's lyrics because they suit his voice, they are honest and kind of 'raw'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danebraddy View Post
    This is a subjective question, but I'd say:

Pre Sober:

Happiness in Slavery
    Ruiner
    And All that Could Have Been

Post Sober:

Home
    Zero Sum
    Lights in the Sky

As far as the mocking goes, I think a lot of us focused a lot time and energy into NIN in our youth and as we've gotten older and started listening to other artists with that same attention we see that Trent isn't the greatest lyric writer - BUT - that isn't to say they are inadequate lyrics. I always thought of NIN as utilitarian lyrics - they are to the point and have a purpose (for the most part), whereas other artists, like Nick Cave or Maynard, wrap the meaning and point in their lyrics with creative metaphors and analogies and 'dress up' the words a bit.

I love Trent's lyrics because they suit his voice, they are honest and kind of 'raw'.
    While I think Trent's lyrics are more than adequate, its hard to argue that Maynard isn't great at coming up with meaningful lyrics (at least when he is with Tool, Puscifer can be juvenile).

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skip niklas View Post
    So has the new red shirt sold out already? I can't seem to find it on the merch site.
    the red shirt, mens and ladies, was only on sale until 06/14. Don't know why they limited it to a certain date/run, but they took it off their site on the 15th of June.
    I ordered mine a few days before they took it down and just got confirmation that it was shipped.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Pre Sober:

Help Me I Am In Hell
    Crystal Japan
    Just Like You Imagined

Post Sober:

Ghosts II 16
    Another Version Of The Truth
    Corona Radiata

All joking aside though... 10 Miles High probably contains the best lyrics ever written by a NIN.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    AATCHB is the best lyrics

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Does a digipac release of Things Falling Apart exist? I want it. That jewelcase in all of its bastardly inconsistency is kinda tickling my OCD (still not OCD enough to collect everything ever with a slightly different sticker on it, but just enough to must-fill the holes in the Halo library... so many fucking holes, just there, staring at me as I sleep).