Page 28 of 216 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 128 ... LastLast

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    Just so you guys know, there are five more songs from video games that ninremixes.com doesn't have the multitracks for: "Terrible Lie", "Head Like A Hole", "Sanctified", "The Only Time" and "Closer".
    I think the elephant in the room is that he's wanting the nin multitracks from the rockband series.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Does anyone know how to get a hold of one of the Case Mate NIN iPhone 4 covers??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Does anyone know how to get a hold of one of the Case Mate NIN iPhone 4 covers??
    http://www.case-mate.com/nin/default.asp

It's been awhile since I looked, but when I WAS looking I never found them for much less than what Case Mate sells them for.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Did Trent take the blood on the wall from Hellraiser II - "I AM IN HELL HELP ME," rearranged the words a little and used it for Help Me I Am In Hell?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Yeah. (ten characters)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I thought so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    can anyone tell me what specific show from the self destruct tour this is from? specifically from 1:10 onward... and is there a recording (audio at the least) of it floating around anywhere?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Anyone know what the Downward Spiral font is? Considering getting a Hesitation Marks t-shirt made (the original image with the fish bait (don't know the proper term!) and cuts on it), with nine inch nails:hesitation marks on the back, but need to know the font name before I go to the printers. Would buy one if NIN produced it but from what I've seen so far and from past experience, seems unlikely they'll make one....

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Anyone know what the Downward Spiral font is? Considering getting a Hesitation Marks t-shirt made (the original image with the fish bait (don't know the proper term!) and cuts on it), with nine inch nails:hesitation marks on the back, but need to know the font name before I go to the printers. Would buy one if NIN produced it but from what I've seen so far and from past experience, seems unlikely they'll make one....
    The font you're looking for is Fette Engschrift (which when used in conjunction with caps lock, becomes THE PERFECT DRUG font.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    In the NY Times interview Trent says that NIN are bigger then ever before. Do you think this is true?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    In the NY Times interview Trent says that NIN are bigger then ever before. Do you think this is true?
    If I remember correctly, he referred to ticket sales. Why would he lie? Also, NIN have been getting a massive media coverage. Even for each new song they debuted live they got a featured article. Trent really left an impression from 2010-2012 while the band was on hiatus. New band, new releases, impressive HTDA tour, 2 award winning scores, etc. So there are a lot more people now who are curious about what he's up to now, even outside the NIN or rock fan base.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    I'm sure that's partially based on things like web/social media tracking, aka things that didn't exist in the early-mid '90s. But I also don't think it's inaccurate.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Is there a centralized database containing various interviews from all the different eras of nine inch nails?

Nevermind, found what I was looking for, and it's was exactly where I assumed it'd be.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I think that assessment is accurate enough. NIN's getting a different kind of publicity these days, because they've gone from a rising star to a resurgent classic band that's still doing new, interesting things.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    The font you're looking for is Fette Engschrift (which when used in conjunction with caps lock, becomes THE PERFECT DRUG font.)
    Cheers for that

T-shirt ordered - just under £15...can't complain at that. Might even model it once I've got it.
    Last edited by simonn; 08-01-2013 at 03:45 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hm, I don't know. NIN got REALLY hyped when With Teeth came out, and they were really big when TDS came out.. so I don't know. But if Trent says it, I guess it's true.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Why does listening to Nine Inch Nails on the train feel so much better than listening to them while sitting in the car as a passenger?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nothing8 View Post
    Why does listening to Nine Inch Nails on the train feel so much better than listening to them while sitting in the car as a passenger?
    Blocks out all the stupid people and their stupid bullshit.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Do what I do, block out the world, people watch, and sort of create your own music video / movie in your mind to go along with the music. just don't miss your stop.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I do that too!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Same here. I always thought it was weird, though. Always fun when you come out of that trance-like state and see all these other people on the train just staring at you

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by draven View Post
    can anyone tell me what specific show from the self destruct tour this is from? specifically from 1:10 onward... and is there a recording (audio at the least) of it floating around anywhere?
    I did bit of a research on Mr. Self Destruct live versions, trying to find the best sounding version and I come to an conclusion that there isn't any. This is the only one soundboard recording of this song, every other are audience recordings and this song particularly isn't really suited for recording with mics in the audience. These are my favourite version but don't expect anything special.

1. 2006, Champaign, Illinois
    2. 1994, Columbus, Ohio (Hellraisers Bootleg)
    3. 1994, Tampa, Florida (March Of The Devil Bootleg)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by telee.kom View Post
    I did bit of a research on Mr. Self Destruct live versions, trying to find the best sounding version and I come to an conclusion that there isn't any. This is the only one soundboard recording of this song, every other are audience recordings and this song particularly isn't really suited for recording with mics in the audience. These are my favourite version but don't expect anything special.

1. 2006, Champaign, Illinois
    2. 1994, Columbus, Ohio (Hellraisers Bootleg)
    3. 1994, Tampa, Florida (March Of The Devil Bootleg)

This.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just read on the Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter IMDb page that: Trent Reznor was approached about scoring and playing a minor part in the film, but the news leaked before the final decision and Reznor voted to pass on the project as the surprise element of his participation had already been lost.
    Have I just missed this before or what's this about?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Here is his note on nin.com confirming his involvement

And here is his note three days later saying he had pulled out

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Anyone know if Pete Keppler is still mixing FOH for them?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It was probably for the best. Abe Lincoln: Vamp Hunter....how do you say.....sucked ass.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just DL'd the 2009 Hurricane Festival show. At the end of MOTP Trent says something like "maybe I was wrong about Germany all these years". He then talks about not playing any hits and for people to stick around if they like it. But says if they don't they can check out some terrible shit playing on another stage.

Two questions: the being wrong about Germany bit, is he referring to some shows they played in Germany a number of years ago and the crowd didn't really like NIN? I seem to remember people on here talking about something like that.

Second, anyone know if the terrible music he's talking about is referencing anyone in particular?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Random NIN Questions

It reminds me of something he said in Manchester in 2007 or so, something like "c'mon I thought Manchester was supposed to be hardcore"

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Is Coming View Post
    Just DL'd the 2009 Hurricane Festival show. At the end of MOTP Trent says something like "maybe I was wrong about Germany all these years". He then talks about not playing any hits and for people to stick around if they like it. But says if they don't they can check out some terrible shit playing on another stage.

Two questions: the being wrong about Germany bit, is he referring to some shows they played in Germany a number of years ago and the crowd didn't really like NIN? I seem to remember people on here talking about something like that.

Second, anyone know if the terrible music he's talking about is referencing anyone in particular?
    He seemed to always have bad shows in Germany, bad crowds, etc. Last time he was there he ripped into the fans who were dead and were wanting to see Rammstein instead and ripped on Rammstein for being a fire show act. That's what I remember from stuff he said after shows. Bad things just seem to happen whenever they went to Germany.

As for the other comment about terrible music, I think he's just talking about German festivals in general.