Page 33 of 216 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 133 ... LastLast

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endlessly View Post
    He made some reference on Access to it being recorded "at the bottom" (here's the ninwiki link), that's pretty much the only thing I remember hearing about it.
    TR has made his sober date public so you might be able to match up the dates and see when it was recorded etc.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    When and where did he make that public? And do we have a "why" he'd share that with everyone? TR doing that seems not in keeping with the very private man we've come to "know" over the years.
    IIRC someone asked him once in one of those Spiral chats, and he answered. It's also in his Twitter feed (just saw it when my Google-fu failed to find those Spiral chats), and it's even in ninwiki. So it's out there.

Addicts spend inordinate amounts of energy wrapping all their shit up in secrets. Maybe the transparency is part of his recovery. Or... maybe he just doesn't give a fuck.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I hate to be a pain, but I really want to know, does anyone yet have scans for the Australian Rolling Stone NIN article that came out recently? I checked and rechecked NIN Spotting, but even though a couple people asked about it and/or attempted to get them scanned, I haven't seen anything quite yet.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshata View Post
    I hate to be a pain, but I really want to know, does anyone yet have scans for the Australian Rolling Stone NIN article that came out recently? I checked and rechecked NIN Spotting, but even though a couple people asked about it and/or attempted to get them scanned, I haven't seen anything quite yet.
    I can do iPhone pics but thats about it

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    When and where did he make that public? And do we have a "why" he'd share that with everyone? TR doing that seems not in keeping with the very private man we've come to "know" over the years.

I didn't look for it, but I didn't hear his first kid's name 'til 2011 maybe. Hell, again, I wasn't looking, but I didn't learn his other kid's name 'til the interview last week.
    june 11 2001 iirc

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    june 11 2001 iirc
    So I wonder if Still was written/recorded in 2002, or earlier. I've always looked at The Fragile as Trent's last recording as an addict, and With Teeth as his first clear-headed work, but I've never thought about Still or Deep in that context before.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Is anyone else finding logging in and downloading stuff (like the copy of a single) a bit of a chore in nin.com? I found to login I had to click on 'tour' which seems to be the only place the login button is, then click on music and then make as if I was ordering something and only then did the 'my cart' thing appear. Am I missing something really obvious or do you have to go back to your email to find this.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Is anyone else finding logging in and downloading stuff (like the copy of a single) a bit of a chore in nin.com? I found to login I had to click on 'tour' which seems to be the only place the login button is, then click on music and then make as if I was ordering something and only then did the 'my cart' thing appear. Am I missing something really obvious or do you have to go back to your email to find this.
    i went to "merch" and clicked "my account"

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Does anybody know when will they star shipping this shirt?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Re: Random NIN Questions

Quote Originally Posted by telee.kom View Post
    Does anybody know when will they star shipping this shirt?
    I received mine a few weeks ago, and ordered when preorders were first up. They even sent me an extra by accident, a week after I got the first.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    I can do iPhone pics but thats about it
    That's fine with me; I'm sure I could still read it, if it's legible. I'd really appreciate it, if you're still willing.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshata View Post
    That's fine with me; I'm sure I could still read it, if it's legible. I'd really appreciate it, if you're still willing.
    gimme about... 9 hours

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    ^^
    Ohh, wait! Someone in NIN Spotting already covered it. RITCNIN.

Sorry about that. I'm sucking today. Thanks so much, though.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Looking for that collection of nin.com live soundboard rips from '09... about 20 in total featured Last, Just Like You Imagined... if anyone knows if it's still out there somewhere a link would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Actually also if there a link to those mofoboy rehearsal tracks from with teeth too that would be sweet as well.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Random NIN Questions

Have you tried the download thread? First post therein?

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentofChaos View Post
    Looking for that collection of nin.com live soundboard rips from '09... about 20 in total featured Last, Just Like You Imagined... if anyone knows if it's still out there somewhere a link would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Actually also if there a link to those mofoboy rehearsal tracks from with teeth too that would be sweet as well.
    Visit http://www.reflectinginthechrome.com

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    You're about to blow Agents mind Levi haha

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks gents. Forgive my lazyness.

Was well aware of the awesomeness that is ritc but didn't see the 09 web rips on there. Actually didnt even think of the 05 rehearsals until I came here to post my request and just kind of piled on. Totally forgot that old tour thread got imported. Really great of you guys to keep those links fresh after all this time. Much appreciated.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I havent checked in on the Year Zero ARG in a long time. Was there ever a connection made to the labels on exhibit 24? I was blown away when I saw I was on the ETS side and it had me as deceased. I didnt know if anyone ever made a connection to why you were either labeled deceased, missing, active or whatever they were?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Random NIN Questions

Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    I havent checked in on the Year Zero ARG in a long time. Was there ever a connection made to the labels on exhibit 24? I was blown away when I saw I was on the ETS side and it had me as deceased. I didnt know if anyone ever made a connection to why you were either labeled deceased, missing, active or whatever they were?
    I think it had something to do with whether or not one was a contributor of something that moved the game along? I'm not sure how they would've tracked that, but I recall that being the consensus at the time.

I was a "soft-target," and I was the one who realized the connection between the embedded fragments of text "Slaughterhouse-Five" and "Leaves of Grass" or "Slaughterhouse" and "The Hobbit"—whatever two came first—and got all crazy in that thread.

Or maybe it was all just dumb luck. I'm sticking with because "I made a contribution" because it makes me feel fuzzy inside.

EDIT: I checked in on NINwiki and that theory is far enough from official to not even be motioned. I just recall some soft-target folks being amped enough to want to put together a deck of playing cards made out of the list (there were 52 on the ETS list).
    Last edited by Sesquipedalism; 08-15-2013 at 02:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have no idea if this fits here but...oh well. Well I was on my ipod and on the podcast app. There is a nin remix podcast that is on there and everything is free (BTW you can get Right Where It Belongsv2 on there). And a few weeks ago there was an awesome remix of Deep, I believe this remix was titled Deep (Into You). Imo it is a lot better than the original version, sadly, the remix is no longer there. If anyone knows if there is another place to get the remix, please let me know.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Well, I have a question, which I wanted to ask since I listened the "Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm" of A Perfect Circle for the first time:

Who is singing this "ow, ow, ow, ow" phrase in this song? (available at 0:42, 2:49) Isn't that Trent's voice? It sounds like something similar to Trent's vocals from The Fragile...

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    When it came out, I was so fucking convinced it was a NIN remix, and flabbergasted to read in the liner notes that no, it wasn't. As far as I know, Reznor never touched that track. Now who knows if Keenan didn't try to facetiously (because maynard is facetious) emulate what a nin remix of Pet" would sound like... But he's more than capable to sound like that by himself, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InvitingmeAway View Post
    I have no idea if this fits here but...oh well. Well I was on my ipod and on the podcast app. There is a nin remix podcast that is on there and everything is free (BTW you can get Right Where It Belongsv2 on there). And a few weeks ago there was an awesome remix of Deep, I believe this remix was titled Deep (Into You). Imo it is a lot better than the original version, sadly, the remix is no longer there. If anyone knows if there is another place to get the remix, please let me know.
    http://remix.nin.com/play/mix?id=27359

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    When it came out, I was so fucking convinced it was a NIN remix, and flabbergasted to read in the liner notes that no, it wasn't. As far as I know, Reznor never touched that track. Now who knows if Keenan didn't try to facetiously (because maynard is facetious) emulate what a nin remix of Pet" would sound like... But he's more than capable to sound like that by himself, in my opinion.
    Thank you!

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Can anyone help me locate the soundboard versions of The Fragile and Hurt from the Bridge School Benefit show?

I know they're 99 cents on iTunes, but it won't let me buy them from the Australia store I'm locked into. PM, etc, please.

edit: Got The Fragile, just need Hurt.

edit: Thanks guys, all good now.
    Last edited by Ryan; 08-16-2013 at 05:55 PM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I'm a horrible fan obviously but I haven't watched any of the bonus stuff from the two movies, but:

Is TR's studio that we so often get to see a glimpse of located within his home or is that thing a separate building somewhere in LA?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    ^^^
    His studio is in his home.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    ^^^
    His studio is in his home.
    I thought that I'd read in a post Social Network interview that he'd got a new studio elsewhere for reasons of space?? Can't remember where though

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_b View Post
    Thank you!
    also, i believe Danny Lohner was the one who remixed that track, and considering Lohner's connection to NIN, it makes a lot of sense that the track would end up sounding this way. as for the vocal part you're referring to, i really don't know, but i believe all the vocals on that particular track were done by Maynard; i could be wrong though. Billy had started doing quite a few vocal parts when eMOTIVE came out.