Page 39 of 216 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 139 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 6457

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I was fine until "twin tower theme."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why is it that the various international editions of the newest Rolling Stone have Trent on the cover but here in the states we have Mackelmore?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Speaking of Rolling Stone. Does anyone have the full review of HM from them yet?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    is there a thread for best opening act you've seen?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    is there a thread for best opening act you've seen?
    Well, I've seen the Dresden Dolls, Queens of the Stone Age, SSSC and Stone Temple Pilots open up for them. Those were reaaaaally good, Weiland was in top shape actually, and this was in 2008. I've also seen them with Serena Maneesh and Death From Above 1979, which were not so good for me. The best was Stone Temple Pilots + NIN in one night...I fondly remember that evening.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    At Made In America on Sunday, well before NIN there is a band playing called Diarrhea Planet. I know nothing about them and their music could be complete and utter shit, but the band is named Diarrhea Planet so I will be watching at least part of their show and will consider them a NIN opener.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OSLIN View Post
    Speaking of Rolling Stone. Does anyone have the full review of HM from them yet?
    i could translate Russian RS article, i would for you, but it's kinda hard to see the text when i facepalm all the way

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    i could translate Russian RS article, i would for you, but it's kinda hard to see the text when i facepalm all the way
    The N's are backwards in Russian, so you should just keep it as is.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    The N's are backwards in Russian, so you should just keep it as is.
    Russian N looks like Latin H, the letter that you're referring to is equivalent to Latin I here ("i" as in "Inch", not as in "Nine"). Найн Инч Нэйлс Хеситэйшн Маркс Трент Резнор сорри фор оффтопик
    Last edited by BenAkenobi; 08-30-2013 at 12:39 AM. Reason: лол

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Thanks. Whatever it sounds like though, it still looks like part of the NIN logo.

There's something about the Russian language though that just sounds really cool. I heard a Russian co-worker on the phone once with her family and when she hung up I told her to keep talking in Russian because even though I had no idea what she was saying, it just had a cool sound to it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    On Itunes, which EQ setting do you find goes best with Hesitation Marks? I switch between adjusting it to my own preference, and enjoying the record on Rock or R&B. I usually listen to a lot of music on Acoustic, but that's definitely not suited for music like this. Or is it? What do you think?

Edit: Yeah, I realize not everyone uses Itunes.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Is the only way to get the Hesitation Marks 'Conversation With...' by getting an mp3 from iTunes? Is there no higher quality version?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    So there's a Youtube page who claims to have demo's and outtakes from Hesitation Marks. I was going to immediately write it off and except that the All Time Low demo has some startling similarities. So I'm not sure what to think. Any insight? What you guys think? Also if you look at the channel they have the In Conversation Interview as well..

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    It is ripped from the conversation. There are several demos in it

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by telee.kom View Post
    It is ripped from the conversation. There are several demos in it
    Yeah just figured that out as I was listening. My bad. Thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Does someone know more details about the Moment Factory part of the stage production? I'm talking about what software they use.. what programming language they use, and so on.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Random NIN Questions

Quote Originally Posted by martin_b View Post
    1. Why JMJ was titled by Meathead as the coolest guy/musician in the world? Because of JMJ's previous haircut? ;-)
    Having met/conversed with JMJ, I always assumed it was because Meathead had met him. JMJ is incredibly laid back and super friendly.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mercyshallow View Post
    On Itunes, which EQ setting do you find goes best with Hesitation Marks? I switch between adjusting it to my own preference, and enjoying the record on Rock or R&B. I usually listen to a lot of music on Acoustic, but that's definitely not suited for music like this. Or is it? What do you think?

Edit: Yeah, I realize not everyone uses Itunes.
    none. ever.

i also hope you're not listening on laptop speakers. if you're listening on headphones or you have your computer hooked up to a decent pair of speakers, you shouldn't need any EQ, because you're essentially fucking up the sound that trent, atticus, alan, & tom worked so hard to get.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Random NIN Questions

Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    So there's a Youtube page who claims to have demo's and outtakes from Hesitation Marks. I was going to immediately write it off and except that the All Time Low demo has some startling similarities. So I'm not sure what to think. Any insight? What you guys think? Also if you look at the channel they have the In Conversation Interview as well..
    That's @Dimitri's channel (a member here). He's been uploading everything as it comes out.
    Last edited by MrSlfDstruct; 08-30-2013 at 08:46 AM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Random NIN Questions

Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    none. ever.

i also hope you're not listening on laptop speakers. if you're listening on headphones or you have your computer hooked up to a decent pair of speakers, you shouldn't need any EQ, because you're essentially fucking up the sound that trent, atticus, alan, & tom worked so hard to get.
    I don't think I can like from this app, so instead...THANK YOU!

That said, EQ is subjective and the listener is obviously entitled to listen however he or she prefers. But I do wish that people would at least give every new song/album they purchase a chance with no EQ applied.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe this isn't the place to ask, but is there a way to track NIN store purchases?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiro View Post
    Maybe this isn't the place to ask, but is there a way to track NIN store purchases?
    Do you mean orders made on store.nin.com? If so just go there and make sure you are logged in. Then click on "My Account'' which should be on the far right to the line where it says 'Hesitation Marks Pre-Order Home Mens...'. Then click on 'View the orders I have made and download digital files'.

Hey! A shortcut link to click on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    Do you mean orders made on store.nin.com? If so just go there and make sure you are logged in. Then click on "My Account'' which should be on the far right to the line where it says 'Hesitation Marks Pre-Order Home Mens...'. Then click on 'View the orders I have made and download digital files'.

Hey! A shortcut link to click on.
    Yeah, I've been there but I didn't see an order tracking number (so I can check if its has been shipped). If it is coming on Tuesday, I might just go to the local record store to try to buy another one early because I'm starting to get impatient.
    Last edited by Ichiro; 08-30-2013 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Nevermind, I'm an idiot

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've just collected the history of "With Teeth" and I wanna know how to print the pdf? what kind of paper? what kind of printer? how big is? thanks in advance

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesus View Post
    I've just collected the history of "With Teeth" and I wanna know how to print the pdf? what kind of paper? what kind of printer? how big is? thanks in advance
    Best on A3 size paper, heavy stock, professional printer

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I believe its a copyrighted image so you might have trouble getting somebody to print it for you (at least in the US anyways)

I run a printing press for a living, and ive always envisioned myself someday taking the pdf, splitting it up, and screen-printing myself a nice, custom, large copy. If i ever get around to it and if people are interested, maybe ill do a group buy to cover the cost of materials, and to hook fellow ETSers up with some sweet custom NIN swag.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    anone else noticed that you cant download anymore the pdf from the with teeth site?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    To clarify @jesus 's question, does anyone remember the actual printed dimensions? I have a vague recollection of it being a strange size. Can't find clarification on ninwiki or the old Spiral swag list, where I thought it might've been listed.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Yeah, the downloads have been broken for a while, asked Rob about it and I guess he ever got round to fixing it. I have the large version saved if you need it

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Well, I've seen the Dresden Dolls, Queens of the Stone Age, SSSC and Stone Temple Pilots open up for them. Those were reaaaaally good, Weiland was in top shape actually, and this was in 2008. I've also seen them with Serena Maneesh and Death From Above 1979, which were not so good for me. The best was Stone Temple Pilots + NIN in one night...I fondly remember that evening.
    so ... no?

stp opened for nin? how did i miss that? i remember trent putting them down in some article back in the 90's (comparing them to bush or something).

out of a perfect circle, some random chick wearing angel wings in reno, saul williams, autolux, qotsa, tv on the radio, bauhaus, deerhunter, crystal castles, and the bug, deerhunter was the most memorable.