Page 45 of 216 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 145 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 6476

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Maybe he referred to Mantra session

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This has probably been asked and answered before, but I've been wondering about this for years.
    What's Trent's Twitter display picture of/from?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinCollins420 View Post
    This has probably been asked and answered before, but I've been wondering about this for years.

It's from an old arcade game called Robotron: 2084

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robotron:_2084

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinCollins420 View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robotron:_2084

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    So, that "a day of experimentation with a hero of his" TR tweet, could it have been about Palladino or Buckingham?
    I think he might have been referring to Buckingham, since during the interview he did on Triple J he said meeting and working with Buckingham gave him goosebumps.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    http://instagram.com/p/eRQE5nDqpQ/

anyone know what program this is and what for?

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    the song is Satellite

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post

I imagine it's probably custom software that Moment Factory uses for the lighting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I imagine it's probably custom software that Moment Factory uses for the lighting.
    I think it's for the visuals, because i think the lightning is done by roy benett.. would be interesting if that is a software written by them or external.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    So, that "a day of experimentation with a hero of his" TR tweet, could it have been about Palladino or Buckingham?
    I'd bet money on Buckingham

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Random NIN Questions

I think it's for the visuals, because i think the lightning is done by roy benett.. would be interesting if that is a software written by them or external.
    Yeah that's for video. Looks like the graphics they used for Closer or Terrible Lie, though I guess it could be for anything in the new set...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It looks a little like what I've seen of Pure Data, but I suspect it's something custom.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks. I guess I have to ask Rob on twitter for that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    are people assuming it is for "Satellite" because of the structure or is there something I'm not seeing?

* I just now see it, on the left. partially cut off
    Last edited by captainbeyond; 09-15-2013 at 10:55 AM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I just wanted to be sure that I got this right. Was Trent upset at having the regular version of Pretty Hate Machine being re-released in 2011 through UMe because he clearly didn't "okay" it? Just like The Downward Spiral being re-released on vinyl? (I could obviously understand the reason behind that.) And did Bicycle Music also have something do with it?

I also wonder what royalties NIN gets from all his albums, or if there are albums he currently has no rights to any longer. (Sorry, I have no idea how this stuff works after a musician leaves a label, but it's probably safe to assume that he's getting a lot or a little bit more from his releases from Ghosts I-IV and up as of right now.)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

(i posted this on another thread but people are talking about it here.) is that TouchDesigner or something like it? i only used it briefly for a contract, but it looks similar.

TouchDesigner is for controlling lighting and live visuals. We used for an art installation with an array of LEDs that change colors.

EDIT: this does not look like Max or pd to me. at least not the standard interfaces.

EDIT EDIT: yup -
    http://www.derivative.ca/088/Applications/
    Last edited by m15a; 09-15-2013 at 10:41 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    you're literally the only person in the last 8 years on ETS i've seen post that they enjoy it. one person in 8 years of mostly daily visiting this NIN forum. i do actually respect your opinion, it just makes me facepalm
    You can make it two. I loved the remix. (And yeah, I know this is a reply to a mega old post - but what the hell).

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I just wanted to be sure that I got this right. Was Trent upset at having the regular version of Pretty Hate Machine being re-released in 2011 through UMe because he clearly didn't "okay" it? Just like The Downward Spiral being re-released on vinyl? (I could obviously understand the reason behind that.) And did Bicycle Music also have something do with it?

I also wonder what royalties NIN gets from all his albums, or if there are albums he currently has no rights to any longer. (Sorry, I have no idea how this stuff works after a musician leaves a label, but it's probably safe to assume that he's getting a lot or a little bit more from his releases from Ghosts I-IV and up as of right now.)
    Trent's always been rather defensive about how his music is released and re-released. The Rykodisc release, for example, probably made sense to him because PHM had been out of print for years. And of course, he supervised the 2010 remaster that Bicycle/UMe put out. The problem with the 2011 reissue was that it wasn't anything noteworthy - just yet another pressing of the regular album, which pissed him off because the 2010 remaster was also out on the market and he probably felt that having two versions of the same album on the market at the same time was stupid and unnecessary.

For royalties, I think the amount he gets from each album sale is the same, but he just can't use the songs in new non-Interscope releases without dealing with Interscope first.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Trent is always upset when shitty record labels re-release his material (and do a shit job of it) just to grab some quick cash. The Bicycle remaster was done by Trent and Co., and actually had some effort put into it to at least give the consumer something (somewhat) new for their money.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    http://www.ninwiki.com/All_The_Love_In_The_World

All The Love In The World (The Definitive NIN - Deep Cuts)

In the song's appearance on The Definitive NIN - Deep Cuts, there is a layer of additional samples - speech taken from The Twilight Zone episode "When The Sky Was Opened".

^ Where can those samples be heard in that version of the song?

http://www.ninwiki.com/The_Collector

Live

"The Collector" was played live primarily on the Live: With Teeth tour, becoming a rarity in the setlist as the tour went on. It was played once on the Lights In The Sky Tour and several times on the Wave Goodbye Tour. Several of these live versions featured the additional lyrics printed in the With Teeth PDF booklet.

^ Can anyone provide me with a video to a version of this where the extra lyrics are sung?

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

In the song's appearance on The Definitive NIN - Deep Cuts, there is a layer of additional samples - speech taken from The Twilight Zone episode "When The Sky Was Opened".

Live

"The Collector" was played live primarily on the Live: With Teeth tour, becoming a rarity in the setlist as the tour went on. It was played once on the Lights In The Sky Tour and several times on the Wave Goodbye Tour. Several of these live versions featured the additional lyrics printed in the With Teeth PDF booklet.

^ Can anyone provide me with a video to a version of this where the extra lyrics are sung?

Also, did we ever get any further footage or images apart from these for the EDIETS video?

Music Video

There were plans for a music video to be directed by Francis Lawrence, edited by Mario Mares, with Max Goldman as director of photography, but it was scrapped during post-production, not long after details about the video leaked to the web. Reznor commented on the scrapped video on Echoing the Sound:
    "Regarding EDIETS, there will be no video released. I made a mistake. The good news is that mistake has acted as a catalyst for me to rethink a number of decisions regarding the direction and position of the band I've made and will be making in the future. The enemies from outside and within have been identified and I am back on track."

• Meathead created a Flash Video for the song based on the leaked information.
    • Footage of a performance from tour rehearsals is included in the Beside You In Time DVD as a special feature.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Isn't the twilight zone speech right at the beginning? Like the first 20 seconds hidden under the bassline, there are whispers there.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Yes you can hear it very subtly and it start's pretty much with the song. It's burried far back in the mix but audible if you concentrate.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Live
    Wiltern: (skip to 2:30)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    (i posted this on another thread but people are talking about it here.) is that TouchDesigner or something like it? i only used it briefly for a contract, but it looks similar.

TouchDesigner is for controlling lighting and live visuals. We used for an art installation with an array of LEDs that change colors.

EDIT: this does not look like Max or pd to me. at least not the standard interfaces.

EDIT EDIT: yup -
    http://www.derivative.ca/088/Applications/
    Thanks man! Is that only arranging those "blocks" or some programming as well? (hm, this is a bit off topic..)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Pretty sure around the 2.30 - 2.50 mark, but it's not in the Soundcloud version of the song and really heavily buried. Or that might be way off!
    Last edited by butter_hole; 09-16-2013 at 04:18 AM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I'm one of those weirdos who waited until I got the CD before listening to Hesitation Marks or any of the material surrounding it. So naturally, I didn't watch any of the festival streams. I'd quite like to see one or two, but don't have the time to comb through each one to find the definitive show. Which, in your opinion, is the best of those recordings, both in audio/visual quality and performance-wise?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    I'm one of those weirdos who waited until I got the CD before listening to Hesitation Marks or any of the material surrounding it. So naturally, I didn't watch any of the festival streams. I'd quite like to see one or two, but don't have the time to comb through each one to find the definitive show. Which, in your opinion, is the best of those recordings, both in audio/visual quality and performance-wise?
    I liked the tour opener in japan (because of the crowd and debut of new songs) the germany show (for camera angles ) and final show in philly (because trent seemed thrilled to be there). All the streams that I watched had good to great audio quality, although I didn't see every broadcast.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

You have to just do the Fuji show, it had a lot of firsts and IMO it was the most memorable.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Fuji Rock, Outside Lands, Made In America, and Reading.

Definitely check out Reading because it's not the Festival performance Trent planned to put on due to the Promoter, so they just used their regular light rig and blanketed the stage in fog making it look surreal.