Page 55 of 216 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 6476

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mercyshallow View Post
    I never hear Nine Inch Nails on the radio - and when I do, we all know which 2 songs make an appearance
    I don't know, which are these?

Quote Originally Posted by mercyshallow View Post
    Where can I find the Perfect Drug video with commentary by Romanek and Trent?
    Work of director Mark Romanek DVD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My random NIN question is this: Did they mix "Came Back Haunted" differently on the record? For whatever reason, I keep on skipping it… either because it pales in comparison or because of the absence of some subtle shit, that originally got my hooked on the song (especially its second half).

Any insights?

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Or it could just be that now that track doesn't hit you quite as much, in the context of the album. Copy of A is a very strong track, and Came Back Haunted takes the pace* down a notch, leading to Find My Way.
    As a single, it's powerful, but stuck between the ever-evolving Copy Of A and the contemplative Find My Way, it feels a little bit lukewarm and awkward to me.

*"Pace" being the wrong term, since I'm not talking about rythm here, but right now I have no idea how to put it...
    Last edited by Khrz; 11-18-2013 at 10:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Or it could just be that now that track doesn't hit you quite as much, in the context of the album. Copy of A is a very strong track, and Came Back Haunted takes the pace* down a notch, leading to Find My Way.
    As a single, it's powerful, but stuck between the ever-evolving Copy Of A and the contemplative Find My Way, it feels a little bit lukewarm and awkward to me.

*"Pace" being the wrong term, since I'm not talking about rythm here, but right now I have no idea how to put it...
    Yes, I was thinking the same. Side A of the vinyl is really weird that way.

However, yesterday afternoon another thought occurred to me: When "Came Back Haunted" first saw the light of day, I got hocked on the shitty YouTube-Rip that was floating around… and what really got me was that this song is so ridiculously simple upon first impression with its Bim-Bim Bi-Bim-Bim-Beat, yet you somehow *sense* all that subtle shit that really goes on in the background, deep in the mix. The promise of complexity. However, when I now hear the maximal fidelity version available to me (the vinyl) and heat EVERYTHING THAT IS TO HEAR… maybe I'm just disappointed, cause my brain imagined it to be much more complex than it eventually turned out to be?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raygunprimed View Post
    Does anyone know of a decent HQ video of A Warm Place 2013? One with minimal audience audio interference.
    Get the first show of the Tension tour on www.reflectinginthechrome.com. Best one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ruiner Version

Couldn't leave this one alone, it's been bothering for years:

What is whispered in Ruiner Version at 0:34 -0:50

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by porri View Post

Some of the lyrics from the original "Ruiner" were chopped up by Charlie Clouser and reassembled into something unintelligible for the remix (the same thing was done with "Heresy (Version)" as well.) The whispered portion of the original "Ruiner" from 4:07 to 4:15 is probably what was chopped up to make the part you're asking about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    Some of the lyrics from the original "Ruiner" were chopped up by Charlie Clouser and reassembled into something unintelligible for the remix (the same thing was done with "Heresy (Version)" as well.) The whispered portion of the original "Ruiner" from 4:07 to 4:15 is probably what was chopped up to make the part you're asking about.
    Hi,

I gotta disagree with you. It is nothing like "that didn't hurt me". "Ruining is really honest work, this time ruiner is (the one) got hurt" ? is what I hear in the beginning at of the version and then something more. And I have shitty 4 euro headphones here. Someone with good equipment can listen to it?

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Part of it really sounds like chopped up, rearranged "you didn't hurt me, nothing can hurt me" lyrics though. Then it ends with "can't really get hurt", or something that sounds like that to me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I can take a swing at question no. 4 - I think nine inch nails is the most relevant of the 90's alternative acts, easily. I read somewhere that "Reznor is the only 90's rock star looking forward" and agreed. I also read bloggery re: referring to him as an 'elder statesman' or 'cool uncle' to acts that came up post-internet. As more musicians turn to electronics and less to bands as means of expressing their ideas, you'll see more of an nin-influence in contemporary music, if you don't already.
    That Joy Division shirt is simply better than most rock shirts.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I can definitively answer this. The first thing he whispers is "you didn't hurt me nothing can hurt me" taken from the original song but with a reverse delay on it that overlaps the words and makes it difficult to follow. The second bit is taken from the rap-esque verses; if you listen closely to the original there's a whisper overdubbing everything that's yelled. It's cut up in this version, though, so it's not really saying anything. It cuts word in half a few times.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Saw this at the show tonight, and thought it was so hilarious that I had to ask the guy to take a picture of it:

I asked him where he got it from, and he said some fan was selling them as bootleg shirts back in 1997-ish. Has this come up before? I didn't know these shirts existed. It sure tickled my funny bone's memory.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    What advantages will I have if I preorder tickets from nin.com?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Pretty tickets. 15-minute early entry.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    in addition to what jessamineny said, if it's like the US, you won't have to deal with the huge regular line and hopefully will get wristbands to keep your place in line (if you're in GA).

if you have a pre-sale seat, you have a somewhat better chance of being in a section with bigger NIN fans (since they're more likely to have the pre-sale tickets). for the show i went to, that meant that people were actually standing up in my row and ahead, which hasn't always been the case for the NA shows.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    What they said - plus if you get seats you get the best seats - the ones I've ordered are right near the stage - however, and this is a big however, I have no idea what the 'production' will be like or how being too near the stage might affect the viewing of the show, you might not get the full effect? but again, I don't know as we don't have any idea how the show will look

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Question five, above: I guess people are 'anal-retentive' about Reznor's personal life because they're cool, and tabloid-style discussion is shitty? Reznor's always been smart about being a celebrity, as a musician, he's half-naked in the video for his hit but as a celebrity not revealing much at all. Yeah?

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Yeah, that's just plain weird. Questions about his take on religion and politics and whatever, fine. Comments on private life stuff ? Uncool.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Yeah, that's just plain weird. Questions about his take on religion and politics and whatever, fine. Comments on private life stuff ? Uncool.
    i haven't read those religion threads either, so maybe i'm wrong, but isn't the difference that the discussion about religion/politics has the ultimate aim of understanding the music?

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahConnor View Post
    Question five, above: I guess people are 'anal-retentive' about Reznor's personal life because they're cool, and tabloid-style discussion is shitty? Reznor's always been smart about being a celebrity, as a musician, he's half-naked in the video for his hit but as a celebrity not revealing much at all. Yeah?
    Maybe. However, I think it would be interesting to see an article about home life in Better Homes & Gardening or Parenting just for shits and giggles.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    I wonder if the gaps between TDS, TF and WT weren't so large, how big of a band NIN could have been. When I think about it, I'm happy with what NIN has put out, Trent can work with what ever timeline he wants to put out his art. Maybe if the gaps between albums were 2.5-3 years NIN could have been a huge band past the 90s.
    I was thinking about this when considering the gaps between The Downward Spiral, The Fragile, and With Teeth. As an imaginary example, say, if Nine Inch Nails released an EP in 1997 with The Perfect Drug and The Perfect Drug sound on 5 to 7 other songs on it, or an EP with Deep and 5 to 7 other songs with the Deep sound on it in 2001, the wait between all three albums would've been probably nothing, and with extra EPs released in a similar fashion/timing like Broken, probably would've gotten him a bit more exposed than he already was.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by porri View Post

Oh hey, that's my video!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I was thinking about this when considering the gaps between The Downward Spiral, The Fragile, and With Teeth. As an imaginary example, say, if Nine Inch Nails released an EP in 1997 with The Perfect Drug and The Perfect Drug sound on 5 to 7 other songs on it, or an EP with Deep and 5 to 7 other songs with the Deep sound on it in 2001, the wait between all three albums would've been probably nothing, and with extra EPs released in a similar fashion/timing like Broken, probably would've gotten him a bit more exposed than he already was.
    I'm sure there are lots of unheard tracks from those eras to fill up some EPs. Would have been interesting to see how that worked out.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Anyone have that Amanda Palmer Twitter pic where she held her hand close to the camera while at a NIN show, saying "lol I'm shrinking trent_reznor!"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Any idea when the deluxe 5.1 The Fragile is coming out?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sore_and_crucified View Post
    Any idea when the deluxe 5.1 The Fragile is coming out?
    Soon .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As helpful as a bag of nails!

this comment is not designed to offend or cause upset in any case and may be taken out of context.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sore_and_crucified View Post
    As helpful as a bag of nails!

this comment is not designed to offend or cause upset in any case and may be taken out of context.

I'm offended.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    hmm, I think I missed this. When was Copy of A actually listed as the next single? Was there a digital release for it, with artwork? or a radio promo CD that was discovered?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    hmm, I think I missed this. When was Copy of A actually listed as the next single? Was there a digital release for it, with artwork? or a radio promo CD that was discovered?
    From ninwiki:
    "On August 12, 2013, Amazon UK officially made the track available as a free digital single. It was also released on Amazon US the following day"