Page 60 of 216 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 160 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 6457

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Okay, one more. Apparently in the initial WAV download Discipline was 15 seconds longer. I just downloaded the WAV version, and that seems to have been fixed. Does anyone have the long version?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I was about to link you to portrait of decay ... but it's down. Holy fucksticks have we lost the archive?
    It should be back up within the next couple of days. Things happen in life.

I'll let him know that you asked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is there somewhere a list of every Trent Reznor's featurings recorded in studio ?
    I recently discovered the EL-P one and was ashamed to don't know its existence !
    Thanks !

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzkrieg View Post
    Is there somewhere a list of every Trent Reznor's featurings recorded in studio ?
    I recently discovered the EL-P one and was ashamed to don't know its existence !
    Thanks !
    Everything that's not NIN http://www.ninwiki.com/Trent_Reznor#Body_Of_Work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you very much !!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    According to ninwiki it does have VMOE in it. Does anyone have the original mp3 download of Discipline?
    Derp, I thought the spotify list was released before HM. Thanks!

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    How do people label Physical?

I've read this before:

According to a previously unreleased interview Reznor did with Melody Maker magazine, "Physical" was supposed to be a "tongue-in-cheek" cover. It should be noted that the Adam and the Ants version is named "Physical (You're So)" and features an extra verse.

http://www.ninwiki.com/Physical

...but for some reason I've always tagged it and referred to it as Physical (You're So) for NIN. Just used to it I guess.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Liner notes call it Physical afaik, even though the original is called Physical (You're So). So, Trent probably screwed up and fans fixed it for him. If/when there's a Broken remaster, I'm sure we'll know better.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    Pardon me if this has already been answered, but did we ever find out what Trent was doing in China/Japan(?) in 2008? I recall he was posting pictures on the home page during his trip....but I don't recall if we ever found out "why"
    I remember reading (not sure if it was a guess or a confirmation) that he was looking into packaging stuff for the Ghosts deluxe issues.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Broken linear notes, old nin.com discography, Physical promo CD and Physical/Suck promo vinyl all refer to the song as just 'Physical'. This is how it should be tagged.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaned View Post
    I'm in Australia, and even searching for Year Zero directly doesn't give me the album.
    just steal it

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    ARG, obviously.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    This is Trent, right? YouTube comments are debating whether it's Al or Trent's distorted voice. Something about there being two different but very similar versions. Sure sounds like Trent to me.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    This is Trent, right? YouTube comments are debating whether it's Al or Trent's distorted voice. Something about there being two different but very similar versions. Sure sounds like Trent to me.

There ARE two versions but this is the TR version. The other version has slightly different music over the intro

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    While I accept the fact there are 2 distinct versions, I'm not sure that either of them aren't Trent. Too many drugs to trust Al's word on it.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    While I accept the fact there are 2 distinct versions, I'm not sure that either of them aren't Trent. Too many drugs to trust Al's word on it.
    Al claims that he was imitating Trent on the alt version. But yeah it could be him because I'm not sure Al actually remembers anything since last breakfast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    There ARE two versions but this is the TR version. The other version has slightly different music over the intro
    Black box version is Trent. The one posted on you tube is Al's voice. If memory serves me right, Trent had more screaming in it. Dammit now I gotta play Trent's version again, lol.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    That's actually not the Trent version. Trent's voice was much higher pitched than that. When you hear the other version, it's unmistakably Trent.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    TR's version is more high pitched with more screaming...it pretty obv it's him

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    can anyone send me the playlist or a screenshot for the tension 2013 set change that's presumably on Beats? Thanks!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    The mythos back in the day (mid 90s) was that Al had just run Trent's vox through a bunch of processing rather than record his own vocal take (for the original version as TVT got their panties in a bunch). In the years since, (drugs) Al has told a different story.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    can anyone send me the playlist or a screenshot for the tension 2013 set change that's presumably on Beats? Thanks!
    Sure, here's a screenshot.
    Last edited by Endlessly; 02-01-2014 at 07:31 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Did someone rip the Tension Tour exposed part 2 Vevo video from Youtube, before it became unrippable with Youtube downloader. If so, can they point me in the direction of where to grab this?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    thanks @Endlessly !

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Is it really credited to just TR and not TR+AR?

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Did Trent Reznor ever explain why some of his music videos were cancelled, and how many music videos got cancelled? Was it assumed that he didn't have the means to make them, or did he just change his mind?

I can only recall that happening to The Day The World Went Away and Every Day Is Exactly The Same.

And how many Nine Inch Nails music videos have different versions?

I can only remember Down In It, Sin, Help Me I Am In Hell, Gave Up, and Into The Void having more than one version.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    Is it really credited to just TR and not TR+AR?
    Well now I'm DEFINITELY not getting beats

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Did Trent Reznor ever explain why some of his music videos were cancelled, and how many music videos got cancelled? Was it assumed that he didn't have the means to make them, or did he just change his mind?

I can only recall that happening to The Day The World Went Away and Every Day Is Exactly The Same.

And how many Nine Inch Nails music videos have different versions?

I can only remember Down In It, Sin, Help Me I Am In Hell, Gave Up, and Into The Void having more than one version.
    There's a different version to We're in this together off the top of my head. Check out the fragile videos bootleg DVD. It's on there, as well as alternates to a few others from the album.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    HLAH (2 versions), Deep (2 versions)

Abandoned concept videos also include: MOTP, THTF. I believe evidence also points to Hurt.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post

I'm not sure if you're leaving out Everything because it's a given (since it just happened) or because I'm missing something in the question. I think Trent said something along the lines of it wasn't what he was looking for or he didn't like it. Sorry if I imagined that response, but I thought it was in the AMA (the Reddit thing) or something like that?