Page 64 of 216 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 164 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,920 of 6457

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone know what tracks Tony Thompson drummed on the Fragile, and why he was only included in the "thank you" bit? Were his tracks re-recorded?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Hmm, I can't seem to find anything relating to his connection with NIN. If he was in the "Thank You" bit, I would guess that he did something for a rehearsal. I can't think of any other reason.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Thank you is just what it is. That section also included Marilyn Manson and Maynard of all people (forgot on which albums though). Also Danny Lohner and Charlie Clouser for WT, Aaron North, Jeordie White and Josh Homme for YZ, the list can go on.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PUNCHLINE View Post
    Does anyone know what tracks Tony Thompson drummed on the Fragile, and why he was only included in the "thank you" bit? Were his tracks re-recorded?
    No idea but he was on it for sure https://www.moderndrummer.com/site/2.../#.UyS-PU9_uSo

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PUNCHLINE View Post
    Having heard him play, I would probably say "The Mark Has Been Made" which definitely bears his stamp in terms of the power he has as a drummer. He was considered to be a replacement for John Bonham for a mid-80s Led Zeppelin reunion but he got into a car accident and the plans were scrapped.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Hey everyone. Just came across this and wondered what the deal was? http://imgur.com/a/YId6R

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raygunprimed View Post
    Hey everyone. Just came across this and wondered what the deal was? http://imgur.com/a/YId6R
    Bootleg VHS made to look like official product.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    There was a version of SICNH which was played around the time Trent was informed that his grandmother had passed away. I think it was in England, and it sounded like (it was onlyy audio) Trent was actually crying during the song. Can someone link me to it if it's still up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    There was a version of SICNH which was played around the time Trent was informed that his grandmother had passed away. I think it was in England, and it sounded like (it was onlyy audio) Trent was actually crying during the song. Can someone link me to it if it's still up?
    Here's the whole show on youtube (SICNH starts around 14:50):

and here's the audio: http://www.reflectinginthechrome.com.../19940526.html

hope this helps. Very emotional show.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    This one?

SICNH starts about 16mins. I'm still racking my brains how I managed to miss NIN in London in 1994 (and I think they did Manchester and Glasgow). Honestly, the days before the internet really sucked for music. I went on holiday to New York for the first time around Halloween in 1995 - and now I think, if the internet had existed then, I could have made the dates coincide with the Dissonance/ Outside tour!
    Last edited by WorzelG; 03-16-2014 at 12:39 PM.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Thank you guys!

This song has really outgrown itself since it's inception. It came to the world as a poem whining after some chick but became something much more mature and painful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did a high quality version of Butch Vig's remix of "Last" ever become available online? I still only have the low quality version.

I was reminded when I saw this:

From the Vig Vault: A CD of 15 classic remixes personally compiled by Butch including House of Pain, Beck, NIN, Depeche Mode, Garbage, U2, Against Me!, Killdozer and more. Each CD compilation includes original artwork created and signed by Butch along with a handwritten note.All 20 of these limited addition CDs are for promotional purposes only.

This is a new $400 reward tier on a kickstarter page for a Smart Studios doc.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-studios-story

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trent82 View Post
    Did a high quality version of Butch Vig's remix of "Last" ever become available online? I still only have the low quality version.

I was reminded when I saw this:

From the Vig Vault: A CD of 15 classic remixes personally compiled by Butch including House of Pain, Beck, NIN, Depeche Mode, Garbage, U2, Against Me!, Killdozer and more. Each CD compilation includes original artwork created and signed by Butch along with a handwritten note.All 20 of these limited addition CDs are for promotional purposes only.

This is a new $400 reward tier on a kickstarter page for a Smart Studios doc.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-studios-story
    Not high quality, but Trent posted it onto remix.nin.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow. That's been available since 2007. I need to get my act together.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trent82 View Post
    Wow. That's been available since 2007. I need to get my act together.
    Check out the whole "Rare & Unreleased" playlist on that site. There's a lot of cool shit on there.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Does anyone know all of the dates We're In This Together was played at? I've got the 2.26.2007 date at the Apollo, and I know the first show with it isn't available on RITC, but supposedly it had a few more plays and I can't seem to find the dates for the life of me.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Does anyone know all of the dates We're In This Together was played at? I've got the 2.26.2007 date at the Apollo, and I know the first show with it isn't available on RITC, but supposedly it had a few more plays and I can't seem to find the dates for the life of me.
    It was first played in Lisbon, and if you count soundcheck, has only been played six times since: 2007/02/28 Glasgow, UK, 2007/04/18 Los Angeles, CA, 2007/02/26 Manchester, UK, 2007/05/14 Melbourne, Australia, 2007/05/15 Melbourne, Australia and 2007/04/04 Frankfurt, Germany.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    It was first played in Lisbon, and if you count soundcheck, has only been played six times since: 2007/02/28 Glasgow, UK, 2007/04/18 Los Angeles, CA, 2007/02/26 Manchester, UK, 2007/05/14 Melbourne, Australia, 2007/05/15 Melbourne, Australia and 2007/04/04 Frankfurt, Germany.
    Thanks a million.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    I dream that one day someone steals that recording they have at Portuguese TV and unleashes it to the world.
    Mother fuckers got WITT in proshot and didn't even air it properly. See below.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I dream that one day someone steals that recording they have at Portuguese TV and unleashes it to the world.
    it's weird how they got WITT and this time they don't even get a concert at all

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    NIN Tour History is good for questions like that:

http://www.nintourhistory.com/song.php?songid=45

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Wow... Do you know the station for that one?

I have been also searching for Rock Werchter 2005.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There is a guy on here that bought a storage locker full of NIN merch and had it for sale. Can someone send or post a link?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbeyond View Post
    There is a guy on here that bought a storage locker full of NIN merch and had it for sale. Can someone send or post a link?
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...IN-Locker-Sale

The topic is fairly old, so I don't know the status of what heavenly_bearded has now, but there it is.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I don't know if anybody had the same problem before, but I ALWAYS hear Trent singing "seeds from a thousand lovers" instead of "seeds from a thousand others". Especially on AATCHB it sounds like that. Is "others" definitely correct?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I can tell you with almost 100% certainty that they did not get WITT - only what you just saw. Most acts that allow news crews in to their shows will allow the photographers to set up at FOH (where the soundboard is) and will give them access to a press box - basically just a panel that's being fed from the console and has around a dozen XLR outputs for the cameras to hook into. However: a normal clause is for crews to be given access to the first sixty seconds of the first two or three songs. While the band's engineer is doing his gig, the audio systems engineer will be standing by with a timer and will mute the output for that box after those sixty seconds have elapsed, open it back up when the next song starts, and so on.

Notice how WITT gets cut off abruptly after 60 seconds in that video?
    Notice how WITT was the third song in the set?
    Notice how the next song in the report - You Know What You Are? - was the second song on the playlist.

Sorry to kill your dreams, but short of actually asking someone from their crew what their media policy was on that tour, I can pretty much promise you that what you saw in that video is ALL that they actually recorded.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    The NIN camp themselves are sitting on pro shot Witt from the la show. That and last.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    The NIN camp themselves are sitting on pro shot Witt from the la show. That and last.
    They're not sitting on it; it's been online since more or less the night of that gig.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'm just wondering... is there an audio extracted from all Wave Goodbye videos and mixed in a "it-sounds-like-all-these-songs-were-played-during-one-show" way?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_b View Post
    I'm just wondering... is there an audio extracted from all Wave Goodbye videos and mixed in a "it-sounds-like-all-these-songs-were-played-during-one-show" way?
    Only two Wave Goodbye videos were ever released - Somewhat Damaged (from one of the NYC shows) and Just Like You Imagined (from one of the L.A. shows). So I'm going to guess "no" on this.