Page 65 of 216 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 165 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 6457

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Pretty sure martin means all 2009 videos, includong Australia, NINJA and Europe (all of which belong to Wave Goodbye tour).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I've never heard this version of "The Perfect Drug." Is this official? Or is this the version on The Lost Highway soundtrack? Can someone verify? Any info would be helpful.

This is a really neat mix, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Sounds like someone just took the multitracks that are out there and made their own extended version. It's pretty good though.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Sounds like someone just took the multitracks that are out there and made their own extended version. It's pretty good though.
    Yeah, that's what I assumed...just wanted a second opinion. I like it quite a bit, too.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    So I just searched the entire ninwiki archive of the Access Q&A sessions with a side order of equally unsuccessful google searches and I can't find what I'm looking for so I hoped someone might lend a hand maybe?

Anyone have a link to that EPIC tale of Reznor auditioning Freese with all the hilarious kubuki stuff and superhuman feats of drumming he pulled off effortlessly? Love to see it again, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Interesting, never heard of that myself.
    It definitely wasn't in Access because they stopped publishing new entries even before Jerome left. Should be something else.
    Ha! I was so desperate for any relevant leads that little fact hadn't even occurred to me in the heat of the moment, lol.

So, hmm. I don't know. Maybe it was on Buddyhead or Freese's site or somewhere else like that, I guess? Just dug around there a bit and still no dice so I thought I'd bump this up to the current page and see if it rings any bells with anyone else here.

As I recall, it was a fairly long-form direct quote mini-essay style write-up from Trent Reznor which gave a quick overview in a paragraph or two of how Freese basically aced every single bizarre drumming pattern and time-signature change, etc. which Reznor could think to throw at him to try and trip him up, culminating in a (hilariously exaggerated) story of finally asking him to just step out from behind the kit so he could translate some very specific and obscure Japanese folk tale into the form of an improvised interpretative dance...whereupon Freese slapped on his Kubuki makeup and kimono and nailed THAT too, lol.

Or something to that effect.

It was seriously legendarily epic in its detailed and comical absurdity, surely someone else here at least remembers it...right?

o_O

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Only two Wave Goodbye videos were ever released - Somewhat Damaged (from one of the NYC shows) and Just Like You Imagined (from one of the L.A. shows). So I'm going to guess "no" on this.
    I was thinking about all videos recorded from the stage, which were released in 2009 (from Australia, Europe and US).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinata89 View Post

I've never heard this version of "The Perfect Drug." Is this official? Or is this the version on The Lost Highway soundtrack? Can someone verify? Any info would be helpful.

This is a really neat mix, in my opinion.
    cannot listen to it now, I'm at work, but the length matches the Lost Highway soundtrack version, so I guess

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_b View Post
    I was thinking about all videos recorded from the stage, which were released in 2009 (from Australia, Europe and US).
    Ah, sorry. Same ultimate answer, though. At some point somebody had put together a collection of all on-stage videos and hosted them in one torrent file, but nothing was ever ripped to audio and mixed together to create one playlist. At least, not that I ever saw.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Ah, sorry. Same ultimate answer, though. At some point somebody had put together a collection of all on-stage videos and hosted them in one torrent file, but nothing was ever ripped to audio and mixed together to create one playlist. At least, not that I ever saw.
    Thanks! So it seems that I have to mix them by myself...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Has Trent ever remixed Depeche Mode or vice versa? I feel like a Reznor remix of something from Ultra would be really good...

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Has Trent ever remixed Depeche Mode or vice versa? I feel like a Reznor remix of something from Ultra would be really good...
    Nope, though he states them as an influence. I'd rather hear a collab than a remix personally.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Why is live 2013-14 one category on NINWIKI? Shouldn't it be festival 2013, Tension and Live 2014 in three separate categories?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    It's like how the With Teeth tour was a bunch of different legs but is categorized under the same thing. I don't think separating the different legs out would be that productive.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    It's like how the With Teeth tour was a bunch of different legs but is categorized under the same thing. I don't think separating the different legs out would be that productive.
    Eh, I feel like so far the legs of this tour have been the most drastically different of any though, if nothing else then because of the band members. Is there any way to do categories? I don' know wiki things.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    It isn't different legs, in my opinion. The festival shows were different productions and setlists from Tension. Then the 2014 shows are more outside of the previous Tension and festival days. I think they all deserve their own links.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Anyone ever done a timeline of pre-NIN bands Trent has been in? I've always assumed Slam Bamboo was the last one as it was so bad it was kind of a catalyst but I don't really know.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_b View Post
    I'm just wondering... is there an audio extracted from all Wave Goodbye videos and mixed in a "it-sounds-like-all-these-songs-were-played-during-one-show" way?
    I made something like this, with a couple of Bonus tracks. This is all sourced from the .MOV files downloaded from Vimeo:

01 - 1,000,000 [Sydney - 2.22.09].wav
    02 - Burn [Melbourne - 2.25.09].wav
    03 - Letting You [Brisbane - 2.21.09].wav
    04 - Wish [With Ben & Greg from The Dillinger Escape Plan - Adelaide - 2.28.09].wav
    05 - The Fragile [Adelaide - 2.28.09].wav
    06 - Survivalism [With Saul Williams - Atlanta, GA -5.10.09].wav
    07 - Banged and Blown Through [With Saul Williams - Atlanta, GA -5.10.09].wav
    08 - Lights In The Sky [Austin - 5.12.09].wav
    09 - The Becoming [Sasquatch Festival - 5.24.09].wav
    10 - Metal [With Gary Numan - London - 7.15.09].wav
    11 - Cars [With Gary Numan - London - 7.15.09].wav
    12 - Last [Holmdel, NJ - 6.6.09].wav
    13 - Somewhat Damaged [Roskilde Festival, Denmark - 7.3.09].wav
    14 - The Way Out Is Through [Holmdel, NJ - 6.6.09].wav
    15 - I'm Afraid of Americans [Toronto - 6.2.09].wav
    16 - Just Like You Imagined [Los Angeles - 9.08.09].wav
    17 - Somewhat Damaged [New York - 8.22.09].wav
    18 - Wish [With The Dillinger Escape Plan - Perth - 3.2.09].wav
    19 - Kick Out The Jams [With Street Sweeper Social Club - Chula Vistav CA - 5.16.09].wav
    20 - 1,000,000 [Morrison, CO - 9.2.2008].wav
    21 - Me I'm Not [Europe - August 07].wav
    22 - The Great Destroyer [Europe - August 07].wav

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ecirb View Post
    I made something like this, with a couple of Bonus tracks. This is all sourced from the .MOV files downloaded from Vimeo
    is there any possibility to DL it from somewhere? pm me plox <3

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I'd love a link aswell!

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hani View Post
    is there any possibility to DL it from somewhere? pm me plox <3
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    I'd love a link aswell!
    You can download all the audio here:

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...2009-HD-Videos

Just click on "AAC extracted audio" link for each video.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    They're not sitting on it; it's been online since more or less the night of that gig.

The teaser video shows they have hd footage, the stream quality is much lower. (Which is what they have up and is in YT if I'm not mistaken)

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    About the live 2013-14 stuff on the wiki, Malechite told me that they will all be separated into individual legs on a hub page like the WT tour, but I guess we probably won't be doing that until the tour is over. The rule of thumb is that if a touring cycle takes place in more than one year, it gets a hub page with individual leg pages.
    Last edited by piggy; 03-23-2014 at 12:33 AM.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Anyone ever done a timeline of pre-NIN bands Trent has been in? I've always assumed Slam Bamboo was the last one as it was so bad it was kind of a catalyst but I don't really know.
    As far as I can tell, it goes like this:

1. Option 30
    2. The Urge
    3. The Innocent
    4. Exotic Birds
    5. Slam Bamboo
    6. Lucky Pierre

http://www.ninwiki.com/Trent_Reznor#The_Early_Years (I just edited a few things to match what seems to be the correct timeline.)
    Last edited by piggy; 03-23-2014 at 01:01 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I thought Exotic Birds was a fictional band....?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Not only were they real, they were wonderful awful real.
    http://www.nincatalog.com/item.asp?key=01-90284

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    *cough*

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    *cough*

It really doesn't look to me like he's phoning it in there! And what's wrong with opening for Culture Club, although I'm not too keen on the Karma Chameleon era, I genuinely still rate 'kissing to be clever' as a great album, not just singles with filler (I'm just talking about the general attitude on the YouTube comments, not suggesting you have any of those opinions theimage13)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Yeah, that's posted entirely comment-free on my part. Just throwing it out there for anybody who thought that Exotic Birds wasn't actually a band (or had never even heard of them).

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    You might be thinking of when members of Exotic Birds portrayed The Problems, which was the name of the band in that Michael J. Fox/Joan Jett movie Light Of Day.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Has a full version of this appeared anywhere yet as an mp3? --

Zero-Sum (Fringe)

A new version of the song created for a promo to the television series Fringe, it contains dialogue from the show read by Reznor in place of the original verses. When the promo's audio is viewed through a spectrograph, it is shown to contain a glyph from the television series.
    Lyrics

And I've seen history repeat itself enough times to know
    A war is coming
    You don't have to trust me, or even like me
    But you can't deny I hold a unique perspective shaped by having lived in two worlds
    I've seen first hand the difference a wrong choice can make

The truth will come out
    It always does

Shame on us,
    For all we have done
    And all we ever were
    Just zeroes and ones