Page 70 of 216 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 170 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 6459

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Does anyone know where the writeup explaining how Rob shot the HTDA glitch art is? I know the basics of the setup, but remember him explaining it a bit more than just "ipod to vcr to crt tv shot with dSLR"

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Try his Tumblr

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    When did "Nine Inch Nails mastermind" and "Trent Reznor slams" start being used in articles? 1994, 1995, 1997, or 1999?
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 05-10-2014 at 10:21 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    ]"Trent Reznor slams"
    It was a breakfast item made available at all southwestern Denny's dining establishments in America starting in 1993.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    It was a breakfast item made available at all southwestern Denny's dining establishments in America starting in 1993.
    Is that what got his interest in pigs started? Bacon makes me kinda obsessed with them, too.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Is that what got his interest in pigs started? Bacon makes me kinda obsessed with them, too.
    Yeah it came with bacon, sausage links and ham

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    The pigs have lost after all.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    was there ever a reason given as to why Trent stopped with the 5.1 mixes?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    When did"Trent Reznor slams" start being used in articles?
    Bite! Chew! Suck away the tender parts!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    was there ever a reason given as to why Trent stopped with the 5.1 mixes?
    This is pure speculation, as I don't recall a specific occasion where he's addressed this, but....

Because making 5.1 mixes is fucking expensive and time consuming and the overwhelming majority of music is listened to on a simple 2.0 left/right system? (There is a part of me that seems to recall him once saying something about how music should be mixed in a way that it can easily be enjoyed anywhere, i.e. on a basic stereo speaker configuration or headphones, instead of sitting in one carefully selected place that takes advantage of multiple precisely positioned and delayed speakers.)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Yeah, remember how YZ has a hidden section that you can only hear on 5.1, and no one fucking noticed it? I love 5.1 mixes, and really hope he maintains them for things like future Ghosts and scores, but I can see it being a non commercial option for most people.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Yeah, remember how YZ has a hidden section that you can only hear on 5.1
    Wait, what? YZ doesn't even have an official surround mix.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Maybe sheepdean means the section in The Great Destroyer that can only be heard on certain systems or if you phase invert that part of the track. The 'Red Horse Vector' bit.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Maybe sheepdean sneaked 007 style into record label secret vaults and escaped with official 5.1 masters lol

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Maybe sheepdean means the section in The Great Destroyer that can only be heard on certain systems or if you phase invert that part of the track. The 'Red Horse Vector' bit.
    yeah, but that could also be heard with converting the track from stereo to mono, so I doubt it's a 5.1 thing

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    If you are using a 5.1 surround 'decoder' processing unit that takes stereo audio and converts it to 5.1, the out-of-phase audio on "The Great Destroyer" may suddenly flip to the rear channels at that point. Haven't tried it myself, but that would leave the "red horse vector" voice isolated in the front channels, theoretically (depending on what processor you're using).

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Just got shirt from NIN.com in the mail. Noticed even the tags are black.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Did Trent ever express any regret from making The Perfect Drug, or were those rumors? And if it's true that he did, was he disappointed in the actual song, or just the music video?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    At that time I was listening to a lot of Drum 'n' Bass and Jungle and stuff. And I think that's the most I've ever seen external influence come out in my own music. And it was a transition period, that's what I want to stress, it was time when I was feeling out what I wanted to do artistically and given the liberation of working within the context of a soundtrack, it's not like a major work. I always treated that as an area to be freer and try things. I'm glad it was in that context. There was never any consideration to include that on [The Fragile]. It really was an area where I was feeling out the landscape to see what I wanted to do.
    Grabbed that from the NINWiki page for TPD. Not really any regret, but to me that comes off as a borderline apology.

I do remember around the time TPD came out he mentioned in a few interviews that he was listening to a lot of Erykah Badu, Jungle, and Drum 'n Bass, and that that might have a lot of influence on [what would become] The Fragile.

I don't know why he doesn't seem to have much love for it. I'd love to have seen an EP or something in the same style.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I've always felt insane because of this, I've never seen it mentioned or brought up anywhere ever, but listening to TDS again and I'm noticing it yet again so I've got to fucking ask:

On Reptile, right at the one minute mark and from there on out, I swear there's a sample of Trent saying something that's distorted in the right channel, something like "I'm damned" or at least starting with "I'm."

Is that actually him saying anything, or am I just misinterpreting an instrument and if so what is it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    lol, Trent said that?
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Cocaine's a hell of a drug.
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    makes you wonder what went on with manson during those lonely nights at the tate house
    In another interview around the same time he makes reference to the "giving head" quote and admits he was drunk (at least) and was ashamed about what he said, regarding it as stupid. FWIW.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Please pardon my ignorance as I haven't really paid that much attention to the negative criticisms of Everything, but did it really discourage Trent from performing it live? Did he ever mention it, or at least drop some hints about what he thought about some of the reactions Everything got?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    He never talks about things like that, but it was just a string of things related to the song that gave us that "conclusion." It was only ever in one setlist, and that was an old version. And then, of course, the music video that he shelved.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I've always felt insane because of this, I've never seen it mentioned or brought up anywhere ever, but listening to TDS again and I'm noticing it yet again so I've got to fucking ask:

On Reptile, right at the one minute mark and from there on out, I swear there's a sample of Trent saying something that's distorted in the right channel, something like "I'm damned" or at least starting with "I'm."

Is that actually him saying anything, or am I just misinterpreting an instrument and if so what is it?
    I just checked it out on my Grado headphones and to me it just sounds like some random noise sample.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    is the current before and inbetween sets playlist for this tour up on beats yet and could somebody post a screenshot? thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Back before Jakalope released its first album, there was a mini-site with a few slightly infuriating flash puzzles. In particular, there was a page where the image of a frog could be revealed. When the puzzle was completed, a short clip from an unreleased 'froggy remix' of the song Pretty Life played in the background. At the time, there was some speculation as to whether this was a NIN remix. My question is: was this ever confirmed to be done by NIN? And also: does anyone have an mp3 of this remix?

Here's a screencap of the page with the puzzle revealed:

Anyone find this? Found this, but I doubt it's what we are looking for.

http://grooveshark.com/#!/search/son...+(Death+Remix)
    Last edited by nxtort; 05-20-2014 at 01:05 AM. Reason: add url

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Does anyone know who designed the 'Sin' (5iN) artwork?

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastentrance View Post
    Does anyone know who designed the 'Sin' (5iN) artwork?
    The Designers Republic.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Sorry if this has been asked, but are there any photos of the merch stands from the EU/UK tour? I would go into the 2014 tour thread, but spoilers.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    There's a thread in the same section of the forum for merch from that tour.