Page 79 of 208 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 179 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,370 of 6459

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    Thought I'd ask here first before opening a new thread.

Does anyone know where to get the Limitless Potential remix compilation from 2007? Can't find neither a download nor torrent. I'd really like to give it a listen.
    I'll PM you with it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I feel like a massive ignoramus for asking this, but what type of goggles exactly is Trent wearing in Closer? Also recently seen on Christoper Daniels, for you fellow wrestling geeks out there. I'm determined to rock them for a Halloween NIN cosplay at some point. Possibly cross-era-dressing with the kilt-shorts (did they have a name?)

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fangster_ View Post
    I feel like a massive ignoramus for asking this, but what type of goggles exactly is Trent wearing in Closer?
    I could be wrong, but I believe they're old welding goggles.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Just Google "Steam Punk Goggles". I bet you'll find something similar.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closer_...g)#Music_video

Wikipedia says that they are "Aviator Goggles".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah, I've now looked through the whole steampunk-welding-aviator spectrum. Thanks guys. This is the best I've found so far:

http://www.steampunkemporium.com/store/004946S.php

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fangster_ View Post
    Yeah, I've now looked through the whole steampunk-welding-aviator spectrum. Thanks guys. This is the best I've found so far:

http://www.steampunkemporium.com/store/004946S.php
    you can also probably mod your own with supplies at your local home depot...except that i just realized you live in finland and i have no idea if there are home depots there. but there's sure to be equivalent hardware stores, right?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    All we have is Santa's workshop, obviously. That's where I'll get the rest of the S&M supplies for my Closer theme. Just need to be a good boy this year.

Seriously though, we have all sorts of hardware stores. But I haven't leveled my craftmanship nearly enough to have any use for their stock. I think I'll be good with those closer-enough goggles as they are, unless someone's willing to help me out building them.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Now that the Reznors are back at home, I wonder if Trent is on diaper duty/potty training more often?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    does anyone know if came back haunted or any other songs from hesitation marks will be released as instrumentals?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by echoplex31 View Post
    does anyone know if came back haunted or any other songs from hesitation marks will be released as instrumentals?
    Only Trent knows, but it seems unlikely, the previous ones were all (except Head Like A Hole) only put onto remix.nin.com, and he's not updated that in quite some time.
    Personally I'd like to see a sister disc to all albums with instrumentals, but I guess that might be hard to do for some, and probably a niche, expensive item anyway.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    you can read here about C.B.H. and Everything 30 seconds long instrumental samples, and that's it for now

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Well, I have a question regarding "The Wretched" from AATCHB Live CD:

Why the hell did they shorten the guitar part after the second chorus? It's only 5 seconds and everytime I listen this version of "The Wretched" it makes me angrrrrrryyyyyyyyy.... Arghghhghghghghgh!!!

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_b View Post
    Well, I have a question regarding "The Wretched" from AATCHB Live CD:

Why the hell did they shorten the guitar part after the second chorus? It's only 5 seconds and everytime I listen this version of "The Wretched" it makes me angrrrrrryyyyyyyyy.... Arghghhghghghghgh!!!
    They also cut 4 (i think) bars in the middle of Closer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    are they any other nine inch nails songs like march of the fuckheads? some of the ghosts reminded me of that song but i was wondering if there were any others

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    are they any other nine inch nails songs like march of the fuckheads? some of the ghosts reminded me of that song but i was wondering if there were any others
    well, it's an adrian sherwood remix (of something, but no one knows exactly what, as it contains no discernible elements from march of the pigs), and it has always reminded me of the breakdown section of happiness in slavery more than anything else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    well, it's an adrian sherwood remix (of something, but no one knows exactly what, as it contains no discernible elements from march of the pigs), and it has always reminded me of the breakdown section of happiness in slavery more than anything else.
    alrighty then, if anything Nihil by KMFDM reminds me of MOTFH but that's about it

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Is there a decent video rip of Nights of Nothing out there? What I have looks like it was recorded on a potato

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Is there a decent video rip of Nights of Nothing out there? What I have looks like it was recorded on a potato
    I thought yourfutureenemy had uploaded that to The Bay in decent quality.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    In 1996, we were lucky to have potatoes to record with. Most things were recorded on moldy bread.

As mentioned, the torrents posted by YFE are the best source available at this time. Better might exist in the archives of MTV...

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    In 1996, we were lucky to have potatoes to record with. Most things were recorded on moldy bread.

As mentioned, the torrents posted by YFE are the best source available at this time. Better might exist in the archives of MTV...
    Yeah but why can't we get a better recording of that 89 Sex Dwarf performance...

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Cheers, I'll take a gander

And ugh, Sex Dwarf is that missing gem of the NIN library, I want it in HQ more than Now I'm Nothing studio

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Cheers, I'll take a gander
    I realize TPB is more difficult to access in the UK, but have you seriously not seen the yourfutureenemy account? You're in for a treat.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I realize TPB is more difficult to access in the UK, but have you seriously not seen the yourfutureenemy account? You're in for a treat.
    I feel I've had things from it before (the Closure tapes for sure), but there's some new, so it's all good.

And ukbay.org is a bloody useful workaround!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Hey guys, of the three Soundboards NIN released in 2008 from Victoria, Sacramento and Portland which one is best? I want one to listen to on a drive coming up but don't want to DL and listen through all of them first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    when someone accused trent of stealing from kmfdm and trent said "The day I steal something from KMFD-Fucking-M is a sad fucking day indeed" would he have meant that as an insult?http://www.ninwiki.com/Me_I%27m_Not#...ing_like_KMFDM check the link if your unsure of what im asking about

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Probably, kinda. I'm pretty sure he doesn't consider NIN and KMFDM on the same line, creatively speaking. KMFDM has made the exact same variations of Ultra Heavy Beat for decades, while Reznor tries to spice things up and evolve. Different philosophies, but I wouldn't be surprised if Reznor looked down on the former.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Are there any actual interviews and videos of Trent Reznor mentioning Limp Bizkit and Fred Durst in 1997 and 1998?

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    I think there is one from 99 or so. They ask tr about Fred borrowing nin lyrics for Hot Dog and he explains why he allowed it

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Would it seem douchey to wear a Strobe Light shirt to a show, or would most people get it?