Thread: A Song of Ice and Fire

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
    The next installment (if and when it comes) should really pick things up, there really isn't any more sense, artistic or otherwise, in maintaining the sluggish pace.
    I think the next book will start with a lot of action. You know, Iron Islanders arriving at Meereen with all their battleships and what happens beyond the Wall.
    Personally, I really liked A Dance With Dragons, it was probably my second favourite book after A Storm Of Swords.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post
    Personally, I really liked A Dance With Dragons, it was probably my second favourite book after A Storm Of Swords.
    I'm halfway through it and have to say I agree with you, I'm really enjoying it. It feels like there's a lot more progression of events this time around, and some interesting developments. Plus any book that features Jon Snow and the Night's Watch as much as Dragons does is alright in my books.

That said, I'm still not into the Dorne or Greyjoy sub-plots and kind of inwardly groan whenever the story returns to those threads.