Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: LP Fapping

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Thanks xfocalinx - but I'm not offended, I've been face palmed in real life morevtimes than I'd care to admit

I just want this bloody album released!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, I suppose the Marilyn Manson theory is valid, if you still consider the two men to be something like equals... but then, ETS's thread on the new Manson album is more than fifty pages long, so I guess you're not alone.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpenoctem View Post
    Yes, I suppose the Marilyn Manson theory is valid, if you still consider the two men to be something like equals... but then, ETS's thread on the new Manson album is more than fifty pages long, so I guess you're not alone.
    Thirty of those pages are easily people taking a shit on Manson post-Holywood though, so maybe not.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    isn't that the point of this board? To talk about things, share ideas. Clearly NONE of us know what the delay is, we're all putting in thoughts that might be delaying it. He didn't say he believes his own theory, but it IS a theory. Chill out folks.
    I don't dislike Manson. I just thought that this was a sarcastic joke. I was trying to play along. I didn't realize that WorzelG was being serious. I apologize. . .

Edit: HTDA RULEZ WOOOOOT!!!!!1!!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Why the talk about a delay? The album might have only been mastered yesterday. Just because Trent has thrown stuff online immediately before doesn't mean they will every time. They could still have artwork to do, film a video, finish work on the Fragile re-issue, prepare deluxe editions (if any), organize publishing and distribution deals, deal with the two infant children 2/3s of the band have..

For all we know, they could intend to release in August. We've been spoilt before. We need to be patient - I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for the band to be reading this, especially when every other band on earth gets to sit and wait during the 3 month press lead time.

But nah for real trent where the fuck is the album at

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I dunno. I think he digs it. Who was the one tweeting about driving around listening to the finished CD ... knowing it would get everyone's panties in a twist? :::shrug:::

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    that's because trent thinks twitter is private and his own personal diary, he doesn't realize other people can see it. hence the 'remember ally is italian stop making super mario jokes' tweets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Trent is definitely not unaware of the impact his communication makes on us. He's a tease, and no doubt he has a lot of fun doing it. ;D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Trent's a complete troll. But he's good at it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This wait is gonna kill me. I cant imagine the pain you all went through waiting for The Fragile to arrive. Is that the one that took ages to release? I think I have the right one...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I was kinda banking on there being some kind of tease in the GDT vinyl set, cover art hidden on the USB or something...the wait /silence is getting hard! Oh, the naivety of being a post-2005 nin fan...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reason Being View Post
    I was kinda banking on there being some kind of tease in the GDT vinyl set, cover art hidden on the USB or something...the wait /silence is getting hard! Oh, the naivety of being a post-2005 nin fan...
    Yes, I'm also a post-2005 fan! Why do we do this to ourselves.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    why is this wait equal to the wait between downward spiral and fragile for you? it's only the beginning of the project, not the pinnacle...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    ^ This wait definately isn't equal to the one you mention. We have it pretty easy compared to back then, what with twitter and everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reason Being View Post
    ^ This wait definately isn't equal to the one you mention. We have it pretty easy compared to back then, what with twitter and everything.
    The beauty of it is that Reznor has a half-dozen new ways to tease fans since then: the bloggosocialtwitternetterverse means that we have 32 news ways of finding out nothing about a new album.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    why is this wait equal to the wait between downward spiral and fragile for you? it's only the beginning of the project, not the pinnacle...
    That wasn't even the point they were making; it's the exact opposite. We've gotten so much shit so often since With Teeth that any sort of wait is unbearable for those of us that aren't 90s fans.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well my point was that, from what I've heard (I only actually discovered NIN just before With Teeth arrived so I personally don't know) the wait for The Fragile's release took a very long time. So much so that the wait for this album hasn't even begun to equal the wait between albums back in the 90's.

I was stating that I feel sorry for the people that had to endure such a wait and that this wait for HTDA is painfull enough

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnoorum View Post
    Well my point was that, from what I've heard (I only actually discovered NIN just before With Teeth arrived so I personally don't know) the wait for The Fragile's release took a very long time. So much so that the wait for this album hasn't even begun to equal the wait between albums back in the 90's.

I was stating that I feel sorry for the people that had to endure such a wait and that this wait for HTDA is painfull enough
    I'm a post-2007 fan, I'm spoiled* as fuck.

*other than not ever getting live shows in my area

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i've been on it since TDS. only other music that i continue to listen to since then is...well..no one.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    IT'S HEISENBERG!!!!!!!! Also, yes plz hurry up.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I remember my first time ever hearing NIN was while having MTV2 on tv and The Perfect Drug video came on. This was just before With Teeth was announced. So I am pretty new to Reznory music alltogether.

I feel like I'm kind of straying off topic now but saying that THIS ALBUM IS NEVER GOING TO ARRIVE ANYWAY I REALLY DONT CARE! Seriously, if Minecraft wasn't being released for the 360 in a couple of days, I'd be hysterical over this album. Thank god I have some distraction atleast

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I remember my first time ever hearing NIN was while having MTV2 on tv and The Perfect Drug video came on. This was just before With Teeth was announced. So I am pretty new to Reznory music alltogether.

I feel like I'm kind of straying off topic now but saying that THIS ALBUM IS NEVER GOING TO ARRIVE ANYWAY I REALLY DONT CARE! Seriously, if Minecraft wasn't being released for the 360 in a couple of days, I'd be hysterical over this album. Thank god I have some distraction atleast
    The first NIN song I heard was probably The Perfect Drug, also on MTV. They had these little text blurbs of information during the video, explaining how "Trent liked to do videogame soundtracks". I don't recall whether I liked The Perfect Drug or not, but I saw the Only video a few years later and thought "WTF is this electronic shit?"

I was 15 and fresh off my Limp Bizkit fandom, ok?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    The first NIN song I heard was probably The Perfect Drug, also on MTV. They had these little text blurbs of information during the video, explaining how "Trent liked to do videogame soundtracks". I don't recall whether I liked The Perfect Drug or not, but I saw the Only video a few years later and thought "WTF is this electronic shit?"

I was 15 and fresh off my Limp Bizkit fandom, ok?
    A year earlier and I may have thought the same thing. It was weird though as I was kind of new to music alltogether so before that I had only heard the name Nine Inch Nails. I'd always assumed they were a sort of classic rock band like Black Sabbath or something

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I got into NIN around 2002 or so, kind of right before the old website went away and the new "Bleedthrough" stuff started happening. That felt like an eternity. We were grabbing at everything we could. Taking stills from streaming webcams, anything. Feels just like yesterday really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ... I had only heard the name Nine Inch Nails. I'd always assumed they were a sort of classic rock band like Black Sabbath or something
    Me too! Like exactly, even down to the Sabbath reference. In the ninth grade, when I heard a radio DJ say "next up, Nine Inch Nails" before playing Closer, and I recognized the song (because if you grew up in the '90s, who doesn't recognize Closer?), it blew my mind. Suddenly I wanted to hear more. I even had a friend who had been trying to push NIN on me for a while, but I was always disinterested verging on antagonistic (and I HATED March of the Pigs, which is a shame).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpenoctem View Post
    Me too! Like exactly, even down to the Sabbath reference. In the ninth grade, when I heard a radio DJ say "next up, Nine Inch Nails" before playing Closer, and I recognized the song (because if you grew up in the '90s, who doesn't recognize Closer?), it blew my mind. Suddenly I wanted to hear more. I even had a friend who had been trying to push NIN on me for a while, but I was always disinterested verging on antagonistic (and I HATED March of the Pigs, which is a shame).
    Yeah I really dont know what was up with that either. I just always assumed without any actual reasoning. It actually took me a bit to fully get into them. I'd liked them from that point on but it was only untill I had a chance to listen to Closer with ear phones that I began to realise how much was going on in it. After that, I'd always found it amazing how much work was put into each and every track. It's like a song in a song in a song all complimenting eachother perfectly. I was infact listening to "Only" semi recently and noticed a really badass weird sort of distorted guitarish effect that sounds just awesome at one point in the song. Now every time I listen to the song I always listen out for it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I still cringe when people call Nine Inch Nails 'them' :P

Back on topic though, assuming the test drive went well (which I would have thought meant that it has been mastered), they'd be in the midst of finalizing artwork and distribution stuff right?
    It couldn't be that much longer could it?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danebraddy View Post
    It couldn't be that much longer could it?
    I think they had originally said Q1 2012. If that's the case...well, the deadline has come and go with clear "this is what's going on" update, so I'd say it could be tomorrow....or a very long time. Time will tell.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I think they had originally said Q1 2012. If that's the case...well, the deadline has come and go with clear "this is what's going on" update, so I'd say it could be tomorrow....or a very long time. Time will tell.
    It was actually Q4 2011 originally! Don't ask me to go digging though...!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Q4 2010 was the first we heard to be fair :P