Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: LP Fapping

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Notice how Trent said "new MUSIC later this year". I'm guessing a single in November, and that's it.

LP in 2013 here we go!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Eh. The album itself is done, I can't imagine the whole thing NOT being released sometime in 2012.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I'm actually happy they're taking their time on this. Trent has learned from his "The Slip" experiment that music shouldn't be rushed (I'm saying this because The Slip was probably the weakest NIN effort of all time). If they're taking their time, then it means they're planning to make this release big. They want all their marketing weapons ready to fire and distribution channels opened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    But I don't think the issue is that they don't want to rush the writing process; that's been done for a long time now. They've already put together the album, mixed and mastered it, etc. Now presumably they are working on the packaging and advertisement. So the cumulative time it took to actually get together and write the album as a group is probably much smaller than the time it took to make the detours - the TSN and TGWTDT soundtracks - and the normal life stuff involved with having a family and taking care of yourself.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    I'm actually happy they're taking their time on this. Trent has learned from his "The Slip" experiment that music shouldn't be rushed (I'm saying this because The Slip was probably the weakest NIN effort of all time). If they're taking their time, then it means they're planning to make this release big. They want all their marketing weapons ready to fire and distribution channels opened.
    Hey! I like the Slip.

That being said, I still think TDS and The Fragile stand as his strongest albums. I'd love it if he'd go back in the studio and obsess for a year or two again (hopefully staying clean this time). You can really hear the time he spent on those records.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Wait...how in the fuck am I just hearing Is Your Love Strong Enough for the first time?

Thread at the bottom of this forum? Totally missed it.

Hear it during my runthrough of the soundtrack? Nope, because it's not listed as Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross from the iTunes download.
    Hear it while playing HDTA on my iPod? Nope, because I keep the CD in my car.

Goddamnit, I am even more excited for future releases than ever.

(also, apologies to anyone who saw this thread updated and thought there might have been news. Sorry.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I will consider your apology. Jerkface. Enjoy the new track! It's quite good.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Another month bites the dust

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah it sucks. Ah well, they said this year at least. Has to be released in the next 5 months by that logic. So at the very most it's about half a year away from now before we hear anything. Yay?

Still, I have the utmost faith in these gays. I'm sure it will be worth the wait regardless how long its gonna take

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnoorum View Post
    Yeah it sucks. Ah well, they said this year at least. Has to be released in the next 5 months by that logic. So at the very most it's about half a year away from now before we hear anything. Yay?

Still, I have the utmost faith in these gays. I'm sure it will be worth the wait regardless how long its gonna take
    the 'U' key is no where near the 'A'.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    *makes fart noise with armpit*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnoorum View Post
    Still, I have the utmost faith in these gays.
    Yes! Have they all come out together then? I always suspected Atticus but it didn't seem like my place to say anything.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpenoctem View Post
    Yes! Have they all come out together then? I always suspected Atticus but it didn't seem like my place to say anything.
    Ah, memories of the rare track "I Like Dudes"

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

"hum one of the songs, then."
    "willies, willies, i like willies..."
    "it's i LOVE willies."
    "what?"
    "i LOVE willies!"
    "sir, could you keep it down?"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Oops. Sorry, too much cock on the mind. Sorry HTDA.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Trent, this is how bored we are waiting for any noises from you or your groups. We've reverted to little kids making gay jokes. :[

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    At least we're not bitching about how we spent $300 four months ago and have nothing to show for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Trent, this is how bored we are waiting for any noises from you or your groups. We've reverted to little kids making gay jokes. :[
    lol. We are definitely bored.

I temporarily wasn't able to get on ETS today because the server was too busy and I vaguely hoped that there had been so much HTDA news that everyone had crashed the forums. I still think this is going to happen, maybe within the next few months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Another week passes us by. Desperation setting in now!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah, seriously. If they even so much as release the name of a single song I'd probably go full on psychotic drooling mess for atleast a couple of days at this point. I wonder if their plans include the slow reveal like the EP. I'd say that would suck but I remember all the hype of knowing it was close and watching the little teaser videos over and over again. Was all kinds of awesome. At this moment though we have nothing, and it does suck.

I'm gonna make another failed guess and say it's gonna be end August/beginning September that we start hearing music or at the very least some news

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I see this thread update each day and get excited.

Then I realize there's not even a tracklisting, release date, sample, etc... :/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm afraid this thing might be dead in the water. . .

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I disagree, but I wish there was something, even if it was Mariqueen tweeting a photo of an apple again or something

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sore_and_crucified View Post
    Another week passes us by. Desperation setting in now!
    A single+video in November is all we'll get this year, IMO.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    A single+video in November is all we'll get this year, IMO.
    Call me an optimistic fool but I still have faith we'll see the full album this year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like something must've happened. I'm guessing they went back into the studio to make the material stronger; not a bad idea. I hate to say it, but the "How To Destroy Angels" EP I actually think was the weakest thing Trent Reznor's ever done...probably because it was more of a sketch/let's-see-what-comes-out type of thing. So expectations might be high for the album...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomoon View Post
    probably because it was more of a sketch/let's-see-what-comes-out type of thing
    All of his sketch/let's-see-what-comes-out projects are below the standard we've come to expect from him. I think the man just works better in long form. No shame in that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I dont know. Both Ghosts and the HTDA EP are 2 of my favourite albums of all time. I have absolutely no doubts about my expectations for this album. I think it's very unlikely that I'm gonna end up dissapointed

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quite exciting mention of htda in this interview in terms of what's coming, new idea of distribution?.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.T_wBCttXtPE