Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: LP Fapping

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Quite exciting mention of htda in this interview in terms of what's coming, new idea of distribution?.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.T_wBCttXtPE
    Ah thanks for that. A lot of awesome news there. He's done pretty much every form of distribution that comes to my mind. I'm guessing cassette tapes!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I'm hoping magnetic tape and 8 track

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I like that he said 'videos' plural. I really loved the music video clips that introduced the first EP

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I wonder if Rob will direct again? He's only ever done one music video solo (THTF) - although maybe they could get David Fincher to do a video?

Regardless, I love the art feel of the first EP and the tumblr, and I hope it continues with this album.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Quite exciting mention of htda in this interview in terms of what's coming, new idea of distribution?.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.T_wBCttXtPE
    http://pitchfork.com/news/47115-tren...ty-theme-song/

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    "The record will be out soon."

"...record will be out soon."

"...will be out soon."

"...be out soon."

"...out soon."

"...soon."

SOON.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    He should really just wear a collar that shocks him every single time he utters the word "soon".

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    That was a good interview, somewhat reignited my excitement for the album. I noticed that he said "about to be", which implies that we're going to get something before September. Hopefully anyway.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    That was a good interview, somewhat reignited my excitement for the album. I noticed that he said "about to be", which implies that we're going to get something before September. Hopefully anyway.
    Yeah I noticed that too. The now infamous use of ''soon'' was used in there aswell though so I dont quite know what to make of it exactly. Maybe it's ''about to soon be released''. Am I looking too much into this?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    "We have a finished album. It's been finished for a little while. We're doing a little bit of tweaks on it. The record will be out soon. We are doing a different type of distribution this time so it's taking a little bit longer to coordinate stuff."

If tweaks are currently being done then it's technically not finished, correct? So is it only the distribution holding it up or are the tweaks holding it up as well?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    If tweaks are currently being done then it's technically not finished, correct? So is it only the distribution holding it up or are the tweaks holding it up as well?
    If production is holding it up, you might as well fuck with it, right? I mean, it's just sitting there...

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    "There's a lot of music about to be unleashed, videos, etcetera."

I totally understand why it's taking as long as it is now. If this is going to be a major release, they need to take the time to make sure they've got all their ducks in a row. I think we were quite spoiled with Ghosts/The Slip and EP 1/The Social Network, but I appreciate that they are taking their time with this.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I think we were quite spoiled with Ghosts/The Slip and EP 1/The Social Network
    key sentence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like this will be as much a visual experience as a musical one, very exciting indeed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    He should really just wear a collar that shocks him every single time he utters the word "soon".

In other news, this article has made my pants explode.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I wonder if Rob will direct again? He's only ever done one music video solo (THTF) - although maybe they could get David Fincher to do a video?
    Oh man, a proper Fincher directed video for HTDA would be awesome - something closer to his "Judith" clip especially. Honestly, though, I do think Rupert Sanders set the bar pretty high with his "Space in Between" video. I'd be curious to see what Rob might do, but if they chose to stick with Sanders for the foreseeable future, I certainly wouldn't complain. In any case, I'm really, really excited for the visual component of the next release.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Everybody but not Rob, please. Don't get me wrong, I love Rob's work, but we need some new fresh blood for a different band than NIN.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    Oh man, a proper Fincher directed video for HTDA would be awesome - something closer to his "Judith" clip especially. Honestly, though, I do think Rupert Sanders set the bar pretty high with his "Space in Between" video. I'd be curious to see what Rob might do, but if they chose to stick with Sanders for the foreseeable future, I certainly wouldn't complain. In any case, I'm really, really excited for the visual component of the next release.
    Sanders is great, but he's a movie director now, and may have too many projects in the pipeline. Then again, he's Atticus' brother-in-law, so maybe he'll find the time for them?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nine_inch_nerd View Post
    Everybody but not Rob, please. Don't get me wrong, I love Rob's work, but we need some new fresh blood for a different band than NIN.
    Food for thought, though: Rob was in the liner notes of the EP as a member of the band. Maybe that is because HTDA is designed to be a band with more integral visual elements than ever before -- directed by Rob (and perhaps now more aggressively created by Rob with the coming of the first album).

Or maybe not.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Moved from Random NIN Thoughts:

Quote Originally Posted by RocketScience View Post
    I'm becoming increasingly convinced that TR will most likely offer new HTDA as some sort off app through appstore and android market seeing as the interview re: the new CoD had him mention that he was going for something different in terms of release compared to previous releases. Sort of in the vein of Björk's Biophilia albeit a bit more ambitious. Color me falsely excited!
    I don't have a Smart phone or a tablet, and can't afford either right now. But after going back and looking at all Biophilia had to offer, I'd be really excited if they did something similar. It's hard for me to imagine just how cool it would be. I hope you're right!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    If he does an app, I'm going to be extremely disappointed if it's iPhone/iPad only. Hell, I wouldn't even have an Android device that supports a current (read: 2.2 or higher) OS if my bank hadn't given me a Fire.

That said, as long as the music itself is still available on good ol' CDs, I'll be well enough off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't care much about any groundbreaking new presentation of this album, I just want it in my ears. Call me old-fashioned.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    ... as long as the music itself is still available on good ol' CDs, I'll be well enough off.
    And vinyl

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    And Blu Ray? Maybe? I play Ghosts and TSN a lot on my BD player, it's a shame they didn't have time to do it for TGWTDT, but I hope they can for HTDA

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The new Bjork album was one of those "app" albums and it was still available on CD. I doubt he'd fuck off an entire chunk of his fanbase like that.

You wouldn't do that, would you Trent? Course not. You're fucken trent

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    He's still releasing albums on vinyl, he's not going to do away with CD anytime soon.

lol, "soon"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh... fuck you guys. I get so excited when the thread updates and nothing appears.

Just kidding.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I've adopted this policy: look at the thread count first. If there's that kind of news, the thread count will be higher than 5. If it's still at 5, I expect nothing here other than rumors, speculation, or eager ramblings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (nothing to see here)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Everyday I wish for the news for the HTDA release date... and more money (something like that)