Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Soundgarden

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Yeah, loads of news sites now running with "suspected suicide" as cause of death.

I hope not, i really really hope not.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    No way, what the fuck with this coming out of left field! D:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thinking back to the time I saw Soundgarden back in 2015. It was such an exciting and awesome show. The band was on fire, and the setlist was filled with songs I thought I'd never get to see live - Incessant Mace, Ugly Truth, Birth Ritual, Blind Dogs... the classics were played brilliantly too. So lucky to have seen them, as Soundgarden was the first band I became really obsessed with.

RIP Chris. A truly legendary songwriter and singer.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    From last night.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Goodbye, Chris. So sad.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    What terrible news to wake up to ;(

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    When I thought 2016 was enough, 2017 continues to disappoint. I still can't believe the news. RIP Chris.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Goddamn I can't even. This sucks so fucking hard. His music really helped me get through some tough times in my life. I hope his close friends and family are doing ok.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Can't believe it...
    RIP Legend

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    My husband woke me up by telling me this. I bawled my eyes out. I skipped their show two weeks ago because I was tired. The regret is strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Soundgarden

The first time I met Reznor was at a soundgarden show.

ETA: I refuse to believe he killed himself. It makes no sense.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Well. this week sucked so far, but this takes the cake...

I can't believe it first it was Kurt then Layne and very recently Weiland...

This is so sad, we lost another legend, he was so young, it's so unfair...

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Repost from Dead Souls thread: Superunknown was the first CD I ever owned. There was no voice like Chris'.

I cannot fucking process this.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I am crushed by this news. It just doesn't reconcile for me; this was a family man who had seemingly conquered his demons. I remember during the NIN/Soundgarden tour in 2013, his kids used to watch his set from the side of the stage. If memory serves, he dedicated the song Taree to his family at the Holmdel show and bragged that it was their favorite new one.

Anyway, I've been spending my morning listening to masterpieces like Seasons, Sunshower, They Call Me A Dog, Flutter Girl, As Hope And Promise Fade, Zero Chance, and Wide Awake. What an inspiring and varied career he had! Ironically, it is was his song-writing and solo material that I gravitated to the most (even though most people think of him peeling the paint off walls hitting those notes in Jesus Christ Pose/Beyond The Wheel). This is truly depressing and comes out of no where. Kind of reminds me of how I felt with Heath Ledger and Philip Seymour Hoffman died. At least with Layne/Weiland, you sort of figured it would happen like this. Grizzled.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    There's probably never going to be anyone like him, again. How many prominent grunge singers do we have left? Vedder and Lanegan?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    You can count Jerry Cantrell in there too, even though Staley and DuVall are AIC's frontmen.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    DuVall wasn't there toward the beginning though, was he?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

That video just blows my doors off.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    No, not grouping William in with the old crew, just trying to highlight the fact that JC gets overlooked as a vocalist because he's never been the guy up front, but he's always belted them out too.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Superunkown is a near perfect rock record...uncompromising, challenging, epic...came out the same day as the Downward Spiral... March 8th 1994.
    Him and Layne Staley and Jeff Buckley were my favourite male vocalists of the 90s.

Pissed off i missed them live...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Down on the Upside was the album that brought me in. I had already heard Black Hole Sun, but didn't know much else about them. The second I heard Pretty Noose and Blow Up The Outside World , they had me.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    RIP, great voice as mentioned already.

Medical examiners office ruled it suicide by hanging.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It's hard to put into words how this loss makes me feel. I've been listening to Chris Cornell's music since I was very young, and put on Soundgarden or one of his solo records at least once a month ever since. I've often thought of him as the Robert Plant of his generation, and his voice has always been a striking, rallying cry of catharsis in times of trouble, confusion and sadness.

The first time I saw him live was
    seeing Audioslave (in 2002?), which was fantastic. I also feel so fortunate that I finally got to see him with Soundgarden live in 2012 on the King Animal tour and then again when they toured with Nine Inch Nails in 2014. Each time his voice was so strong, so powerful. Hair standing on ends good. It's going to take me a while to process this properly, but in the meantime, here's an appropriate and phenomenal track from his debut solo album Euphoria Mourning. Rest in Peace Chris Cornell. You may be gone but your music will live forever.

Found this video of the final song he ever sang. Very eerie that he sings part of "In My Time of Dying" in the middle (around the 5:30 mark)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Does anyone know if they had started recording the follow-up to King Animal yet? Even a little bit?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    I do not understand this at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I dont know what to say. That is really sad.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    There's probably never going to be anyone like him, again. How many prominent grunge singers do we have left? Vedder and Lanegan?
    Let's not forget mark arm or buzz, and yeah lanegan and vedder of course.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I have soundgarden on a shuffled playlist going on, and "Pretty Noose" came on. I had to change the track.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    There are a fair few SG tracks that are going to be uncomfortable now. Like Suicide springs to mind, but that one...jesus.

I'm thinking of Boot Camp now and it's hitting hard. Don't know if I'll be able to listen to that one for a while.