Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Soundgarden

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    Agreed, i'm so sick and tired of these brickwalled expensive reissues, 90s records for the most part don't need any remastering and they usually dont really provide anything new in terms of extras, scrapped live or demos of existing songs are not worth that kind of money.
    I was only talking about the book, haven't had the chance to sit down and listen to the CDs themselves. I'm actually quite excited about listening to the Blu Ray, haven't done that before and in the house I live there's a 5.1 system.
    Last edited by cahernandez; 06-08-2014 at 12:51 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    Agreed, i'm so sick and tired of these brickwalled expensive reissues, 90s records for the most part don't need any remastering and they usually dont really provide anything new in terms of extras, scrapped live or demos of existing songs are not worth that kind of money.
    Plus, none of the bonus material provided is really all that interesting. Just a total ridiculous cash grab. The fact that they Re charging 60 dollars for a standard 2xLP vinyl rerelease is fucking asinine.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I usually enjoy buying remasters and stuff but yeh this Superunknown one has nothing that justifies its price tag.

Rather save up for the potential B-side collection that Kim keeps talking about

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I haven't gotten it yet. Sad day for me.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I seen the reissue at Best Buy the other day. It looked pretty much like the TDS remaster from 2004, slipcase and all for the most part. Looking at the track listing didn't really do much for me, I have most, if not all of the demos and b-sides from a torrent I got a few years ago. Le sigh.

Then again, I did buy Telephantasm when I didn't need to so who knows.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    ...Then again, I did buy Telephantasm when I didn't need to so who knows.
    Well, for me paying for Superunknown was justified because i didn't bite their other cashgrabs: Live on I-5, Telephantasm, King animal deluxe, King animal plus, and Screaming life/Fopp reissue

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Well, for me paying for Superunknown was justified because i didn't bite their other cashgrabs: Live on I-5, Telephantasm, King animal deluxe, King animal plus, and Screaming life/Fopp reissue
    I won't buy Live on I-5. I got the deluxe version of King Animal (I like the album). I didn't buy the other reissue.

Then again, I justified buying Telehpantasm for the 3 disc version which had the DVD with the music videos/live performances. So it worked out.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Live on I-5 is pretty great, I liked the sound

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yeah I liked Live on I-5 a lot. Of all the 'cash grabs', that was probably the least 'cash grabby'.

Anyway all these cash grabs helps Ben get off his friend's couch so in a way it's charity.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Besides the Superunknown boxset, I thought the only cash grab was King Animal Plus!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It's also the only one I haven't purchased. Besides, I've seen Mars Volta and Queens do the same thing with Era Vulgaris and Bedlam in Goliath (i.e. re-release the album with live tracks). Shits me.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    I kinda lost touch with Soundgarden after Badmotorfinger.
    I've heard Superunknown a lot because my mom is into it.
    Do they have more good albums?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I can't really consider Live on I-5 a cash grab since its the only official live album from Soundgarden. I think the fans have waited a long time for that release.

I'm not into re-releases myself but it does give a whole new generation the nod to go check out a band they might not have heard before.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneSax View Post
    Besides the Superunknown boxset, I thought the only cash grab was King Animal Plus!
    I just bought the standard edition of King Animal. I like the album, but don't feel the need to pay more for a couple of demos. I would have bought it for additional new songs.

I bought the Superunknown box-set and will give it a listen today. I've been listening to the original CD recently and it sounds great to me--not really sure it needed a remaster. I've been a fan of that album since it was released and it still sounds fucking great.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I listened to I-5 in MP3 and thought it was a terrible mix, with fake audience crowd added in between songs, poor fades... maybe I need to locate a better copy and try again...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Saw Soundgarden play BST Hyde Park yesterday along with Faith No More and Black Sabbath headlining.
    They played the whole of the Superunknown album in full.. it was amazing!!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Goddamn I would have lost my shit.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I really don't like them, but having seen them at hellfest & then hyde park the other day I can honestly say they sound incredible live... really on top of their game

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Superunknown at Hyde Park

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Not a huge Soundgarden fan or anything, but I hate sitting through a band's set without knowing most of the stuff. I've got a week to get a crash course..where do I begin/what's most important?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Ahh dude they can vary it up greatly like NIN. Certainties are probably Jesus Christ Pose and Outshined, but since this is the Superunknown20 tour you're probably best served just to listen to Superunknown. It's a classic anyway.
    Last edited by Madmya; 07-19-2014 at 02:03 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    Not a huge Soundgarden fan or anything, but I hate sitting through a band's set without knowing most of the stuff. I've got a week to get a crash course..where do I begin/what's most important?
    Superunknown and Badmotorfinger

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Twilight View Post
    Superunknown and Badmotorfinger
    Agreed. Or go with A-Sides for bare bones SG.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I started my Soundgarden love with A-Sides, what a fantastic album. Love that it has old shit like Nothing to Say and Flower.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    A Sides was my first SG album I think. You're right some of the earlier work is fuckin' awesome too. A sides would be a good place to start however BMF and Superunknown are essential albums to own IMO.

We may get that elusive B side collection one day...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Shows just how amazing Cornell is. What a voice.

From their second album, Louder than Love.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    crazy to think Chris turns 50 today.

damn I feel old....

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Happy Birthday, Chris. Love this song:

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Happy birthday to the man I've had a rock & roll crush since I was 13.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    So, in celebration of Chris' birthday today, I've been listening to a lot of SG today and even after all these years, DOTUS has aged well. DOTUS makes it hard for me to choose my favorite SG album.