Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: Linkin Park

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Is that what they did? It did sound a bit weird to me but I just couldn't put my finger on what it was exactly.
    Yes, the pitch was up.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    And, also, I think it’s important to note that the primary lyricist for the band has always been Mike. Chester’s voice, and his personal connection to Mike’s lyrics, were and are vital to the feeling, yes, but it doesn’t necessarily mean that the songs have to ring hollow because someone else is singing them, because, strictly speaking, Chester’s almost always been singing someone else’s words.
    This isn't true. You're making it seem as if Mike wrote everything, and Chester just sat back with a mic. Many interviews on LPTV stated that the first two albums were collaborated between both of them (Like most of their albums), with some additions from the rest of the band. Minutes to Midnight, and Living Things, while mainly crediting Mike, and Chester, Chester wrote most of MtM; it has always been a co-writing process up until the latter half of their careers. A Thousand Suns, and The Hunting Party, was mainly Shinoda, and One More Light had a lot of hands in the writing process. But it wasn't like Chester did nothing, and was just uttering Mike's words from the start.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Now things are blowing up again over on reddit because one of Chester's sons called Mike a groomer and that he's erasing Chester's "life and legacy". It caught my attention because he also states: "I know your pattern. I know what you did. I've never seen the band allow for respectful resistance. I've never seen the band allow for third party perspective in the conversation. The pattern says that historically, people who express alternative views to the mainstream narrative are marginalized and shut down..."

So I looked further into him. He believes in the conspiracy theory that Chris Cornell and his father were murdered because they were supposedly trying to expose a pedophile ring. Obviously he is not well and, for his sake, the public should ignore him. But people are eating up his attack on Mike just so they can continue ragging on Scientology and a mainstream band.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Jesus Christ this has all become such a big fucking mess. There's no way this has got to be feeling like it was worth it for them, so far.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    whoa....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Yeah, Jamie is a wreck of a person, most of his family wants nothing to do with him. He's been saying for years that his father didn't kill himself, now he's saying he did. He really needs help.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Using the word "groomer" is at least to me a red flag. It's a word really only used by the conspiratorial and homophobic right. Sincere accusations of grooming are typically better articulated and don't use that kind of dog whistle. But the scientology stuff is a condemnation enough for me to avoid the new material.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 09-10-2024 at 01:42 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The grooming comments are all projection, considering he has allegations against him for being inappropriate with a family member.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I mean, there was a dianetics stand close to the venue when I went to see The Mars Volta on their Noctourniquet tour. So that tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by raptors661 View Post
    The grooming comments are all projection, considering he has allegations against him for being inappropriate with a family member.
    Apparently the rest of Chester's family and the band members have restraining orders against him.
    Last edited by stankeybearlover; 09-10-2024 at 02:57 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Considering how Emily is openly gay, I highly doubt she's with the church anymore. I'm not entirely sure if the church will want to hand pamphlets out at Linkin Park concerts.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Considering how Emily is openly gay, I highly doubt she's with the church anymore. I'm not entirely sure if the church will want to hand pamphlets out at Linkin Park concerts.
    But you're just speculating. All of the defenses I see here are speculation, and I find that baffling given what we're reading here from Cedric. That's a real actual lived experience. These off the cuff maybes don't hold a candle to it.

And it doesn't matter whether she's with the cult or not. She made her choices. She needs to live with the consequences.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    But you're just speculating. All of the defenses I see here are speculation, and I find that baffling given what we're reading here from Cedric. That's a real actual lived experience. These off the cuff maybes don't hold a candle to it.

And it doesn't matter whether she's with the cult or not. She made her choices. She needs to live with the consequences.
    No, I agree with you 100%. I should have made that point in my post. That's what I get for posting right after I wake up. I just meant to say that the pamphlet thing seemed a tad far fetched to me, but everything else she is saying needs to be addressed by Emily. Maybe she's talking with lawyers to make a definitive statement? Who knows. I don't think anyone expected a shitstorm like this.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    If she can stand her ground vocally, then there is and will be no shitstorm to talk about. It won't hurt her or LP's reputation that some people are grumbling online. Tom Cruise is one of the most successful actors of all time, despite being the most prominent face of scientology, and every new Harry Potter media is a huge success, despite JK Rowling being one of the most hated people by certain online circles - the boycotting of Hogwarts Legacy was such an "accomplishment", that it had already generated more than 1 BILLION dollars in revenue. Those couple thousand people who did not (or at least claimed not to) buy the game hardly made a dent, even if they made a big fuss about it online.

Vocal minority has no power, never had. It all comes down to her performance during the live shows, and if she can nail that, then Linkin Park will still make bank for decades to come.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    No, I agree with you 100%. I should have made that point in my post. That's what I get for posting right after I wake up. I just meant to say that the pamphlet thing seemed a tad far fetched to me, but everything else she is saying needs to be addressed by Emily. Maybe she's talking with lawyers to make a definitive statement? Who knows. I don't think anyone expected a shitstorm like this.

There is potentially too much money involved for her to say too much of anything...

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Apparently Chester's son went to the Linkin Park concert in Los Angeles? Huh? lol